The other sports thread

Eleven

27 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Giannis hasn't taken the ball out correctly all series. Glad they finally noticed.

Still won't call him for it though.

This is a slugfest. Some weird no calls tonight but I don't think it impacted the result in the end.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

This is a slugfest. Some weird no calls tonight but I don't think it impacted the result in the end.

I'm loving this finals! Two teams that you never see there battling out.

It's been a close and fun series to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, it's been really cool to see Giannis and the Bucks celebrate along with the city of Milwaukee. This was a really entertaining playoff across the board and Giannis put in one of the greatest championship performances you'll ever see (in any sport). And he made it all look easy ... just weeks after his leg went the wrong way entirely.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

Man, it's been really cool to see Giannis and the Bucks celebrate along with the city of Milwaukee. This was a really entertaining playoff across the board and Giannis put in one of the greatest championship performances you'll ever see (in any sport). And he made it all look easy ... just weeks after his leg went the wrong way entirely.

That was a great Finals to watch. Giannis is incredibly entertaining.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Cleveland Guardians lol that is such a bad name

C'mon... they chose the name Guardians and then made their logo look like Thor's helmet. The next thing you know, Cleveland will be in a Marvel film.

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

C'mon... they chose the name Guardians and then made their logo look like Thor's helmet. The next thing you know, Cleveland will be in a Marvel film.

It already was in Marvel in the tv show Agents of SHIELD

Read elsewhere that apparently there already was a "Cleveland Guardians" professional sports team.  Wonder how much the trademark infringement will end up costing the former Indians?  (And yes, even without the trademark registered they might be able to win a suit.  Any IP lawyers here could expound upon it.  Hopefully one does if we have one.)

Oooops.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Read elsewhere that apparently there already was a "Cleveland Guardians" professional sports team.  Wonder how much the trademark infringement will end up costing the former Indians?  (And yes, even without the trademark registered they might be able to win a suit.  Any IP lawyers here could expound upon it.  Hopefully one does if we have one.)

Oooops.

I imagine the team is well aware of this and has already handled it.

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

I imagine the team is well aware of this and has already handled it.

They might have.

The Vegas Golden Knights supposedly gave Clarkson University a tidy sum to keep them from preventing the Vegas hockey club from being able to borrow their team name.  So there definitely may be a benefit for the little guy to let the big one have his way.

But wouldn't put it past a MLB team to be so arrogant as to not consider non-registered trademarks as something they need to be concerned about.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

But wouldn't put it past a MLB team to be so arrogant as to not consider non-registered trademarks as something they need to be concerned about.

Neither would I, but the MLB team can buy their way out of this for less than it costs to pay a middle-inning reliever for one year.