The other sports thread

Eleven

8 hours ago, ubkev said:

Saunders retires on the stool after 8. The Mexican crowd in Texas went nuts, but then they started to boo Saunders. I've got beef with that. Never boo a man who steps in the ring. 

Unless it's a Paul brother 

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Interesting.

Can't believe they'd change the result this late.  Think of all the money they'd have to try to claw back that was already paid out.

Paid bets stay paid.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:08 PM, Taro T said:

Medina Spirit won the Derby.

Do any trainers besides Baffert even try?

Bob Baffert is the Lance Armstrong of Churchill Downs.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Before the season started, oddsmakers had the Knicks win total at over/under 21.5. That was the lowest total for any team in the league. 

They just won their 41st game and clinched 4th place in the East and home court in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ubkev said:

Before the season started, oddsmakers had the Knicks win total at over/under 21.5. That was the lowest total for any team in the league. 

They just won their 41st game and clinched 4th place in the East and home court in the first round.

Fun team to watch, too. If they could find a star to add to this current roster they’d contend.

Just now, Hoss said:

Fun team to watch, too. If they could find a star to add to this current roster they’d contend.

I ***** love them right now. The whole team is made up of a bunch of dogs. 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Dogs = good

anchor = bad

then = the bane of my existence 

You hate wrong usage of then/than. Of is the bane of mine. "Should of..." "Could of..." Makes me want to set a person on fire.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Don’t forget anchoring something is a good thing though. 

That’s the drum I’ve been beating since every yahoo on this site started referring to bad players (opposite of dawgs, pussies I suppose) as anchors.  I’m like wait, so that terrible player is the foundation of that line. Ironically, they are just not in the way you and I perceive things. Yes I’m HAF.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

That’s the drum I’ve been beating since every yahoo on this site started referring to bad players (opposite of dawgs, pussies I suppose) as anchors.  I’m like wait, so that terrible player is the foundation of that line. Ironically, they are just not in the way you and I perceive things. Yes I’m HAF.  

It’s all a matter of they're holding it down or holding it back I guess. GOAT is another one that bothers me. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

A plug is also generally a good thing

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

A plug is also generally a good thing

👀

1 hour ago, BagBoy said:

"I could care less" is another one.  When someone says that, they are saying the exact opposite of what they meant to say, which is "I could NOT care less."

And melty is not a real word.

What context do you hear melty?  Can’t say I’ve ever heard it. 

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

👀

What context do you hear melty?  Can’t say I’ve ever heard it. 

Yes you have. Commercials don’t say “melted cheese” anymore. They haven’t for years. They say “melty cheese.”

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2021 at 11:55 PM, SwampD said:

Yes you have. Commercials don’t say “melted cheese” anymore. They haven’t for years. They say “melty cheese.”

That awful Subway commercial that's on 50 times every sporting event.  Draymond Green saying "melty cheese" has been bugging me for a bit 😑

55 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

That awful Subway commercial that's on 50 times every sporting event.  Draymond Green saying "melty cheese" has been bugging me for a bit 😑

Commercials stopped saying melted at least ten years ago. I grit my teeth every time.