The other sports thread

Eleven

I'm really starting to enjoy the PLL (Premier Lacrosse League).  It's field lacrosse (outdoors) with 7 teams playing in a tournament somewhere in Utah.  Any fans of NCAA lacrosse will almost certainly dig it.  NBCSN is where I'm seeing it.

11 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

I'm really starting to enjoy the PLL (Premier Lacrosse League).  It's field lacrosse (outdoors) with 7 teams playing in a tournament somewhere in Utah.  Any fans of NCAA lacrosse will almost certainly dig it.  NBCSN is where I'm seeing it.

It's ok.  It's not the best lacrosse I ever have seen.  Then again, it is COVID.

The Yankees and Sox played in primetime the past 2 nights. One on Fox and one on ESPN. And here's what we got to hear. John Smoltz is going to die mad at the Yankees. The disdain in his voice is absolutely awesome and they are definitely the reason he went bald. It's hilarious how mad he still is. 

Matt Vasgersian definitely roots harder for the Yankees than John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman combined. He makes Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill seem completely unbiased. ESPN needs to turn down the gain on Matt's mic, or at least get him a pillow to scream into.

Oh, and even with the Red Sox tanking the season we still can't get these two to play a game in under 5 hours....

On 8/3/2020 at 10:05 AM, ubkev said:

The Yankees and Sox played in primetime the past 2 nights. One on Fox and one on ESPN. And here's what we got to hear. John Smoltz is going to die mad at the Yankees. The disdain in his voice is absolutely awesome and they are definitely the reason he went bald. It's hilarious how mad he still is. 

Matt Vasgersian definitely roots harder for the Yankees than John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman combined. He makes Michael Kay and Paul O'Neill seem completely unbiased. ESPN needs to turn down the gain on Matt's mic, or at least get him a pillow to scream into.

Oh, and even with the Red Sox tanking the season we still can't get these two to play a game in under 5 hours....

I couldn't believe Vaginersians reaction to Judges home runs vs Bogaerts.  He creamed in his pants for Judge and barely made note of Xander.  Act like a pro dude. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I couldn't believe Vaginersians reaction to Judges home runs vs Bogaerts.  He creamed in his pants for Judge and barely made note of Xander.  Act like a pro dude. 

There was feedback on the mic both times. I'm not sure I've ever heard that on a professional production before outside of a concert.

Former manager Ozzie Guillen: 'I hate Nick Swisher with my heart'
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1997407

I've met Nick Swisher at a Dick's Sporting Goods in Scranton, PA and I can authoritatively say that Ozzie Guillen is a total dick bag. Swish is good people.

Edited by ubkev

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Glad to see he got it. Not glad I had to reset my DirecTV receiver and I missed it.

That sucks.  I happened to see he was close and only watched the 9th.  Who wants to watch the Pirates - White Sox otherwise??? ?

Hey Buffalo, the Yankees have blown another one! This time in your town! Jesus Christ, this is the worst team in baseball by 6 miles and they were supposed to stroll to the ALCS this year. What a ***** embarrassment they are. Up 6-2 now down 8-6 and it's only gonna get worse from here. Bunch of ***** dildos

7 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Hey Buffalo, the Yankees have blown another one! This time in your town! Jesus Christ, this is the worst team in baseball by 6 miles and they were supposed to stroll to the ALCS this year. What a ***** embarrassment they are. Up 6-2 now down 8-6 and it's only gonna get worse from here. Bunch of ***** dildos

Told ya it'd get worse! Grand slam! 10 run inning for Toronto and it ain't over yet folks! The New York Yankees are the worst team in baseball. Revel in it! ***** this team so ***** hard! Why do I continue to ruin my nights like this.

By the way, 9 straight Blue Jay's have reached base. They Yankees bullpen is a complete joke. And their offense has 6 guys batting under .200

Yankees complain about lighting, tipped pitches after loss to Blue Jays

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2016923

Oh no ya don't! You eat that loss, mother *****! Own it! You don't get to make excuses when you're the worst team in baseball. Bunch of whining dick bags! Higashioka has been a minor leaguer for damn near 2 decades, he's played in that park a thousand times, stfu! Ottaviano crying that he can't get a swing and miss, spare me! *****, I can't stand almost everyone on this team!

29 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yankees complain about lighting, tipped pitches after loss to Blue Jays

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2016923

Oh no ya don't! You eat that loss, mother *****! Own it! You don't get to make excuses when you're the worst team in baseball. Bunch of whining dick bags! Higashioka has been a minor leaguer for damn near 2 decades, he's played in that park a thousand times, stfu! Ottaviano crying that he can't get a swing and miss, spare me! *****, I can't stand almost everyone on this team!

As if the Blue Jays had separate lighting...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yankee fans are like Leaf fans.  The mental contortions that they go through every time their team isn't able to buy a championship are incredible.

Hmm, I thought I was berating them pretty good. What mental contortions am I going through that I seem to be unaware of. I mean, I'm well aware that I'm a poor loser. I've been that way forever. But, like, I'm not making excuses for them. They suck balls. I don't care who is injured. They are the worst team in baseball and have been for 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

Hmm, I thought I was berating them pretty good. What mental contortions am I going through that I seem to be unaware of. I mean, I'm well aware that I'm a poor loser. I've been that way forever. But, like, I'm not making excuses for them. They suck balls. I don't care who is injured. They are the worst team in baseball and have been for 3 weeks.

I didn't realize you were a Yankee fan!  Yes, you are the exception to the rule.

32 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I didn't realize you were a Yankee fan!  Yes, you are the exception to the rule.

Well thanks. I had a text conversation with a buddy of mine last night that helped me get a lot of my vitriol out so that I could make posts here that wouldn't get me banned.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 9/8/2020 at 11:58 PM, SwampD said:

I think the Zoom fans on the screens at the NBA playoffs is pretty cool. I wonder what it costs to get invited to that meeting.

With the Heat beating out the Bucks and the Raptors and Celtics tied we could have an interesrting path back to the final for the Raptors.  I hope they repeat, if for no other reason than to show the world that they were much more than a 1 player team last year.

GO RAPTORS!!

MUST WIN!!