The other sports thread

Eleven

If 3 MLB teams are doing this, they probably all are, or were.  Just a question of who did it best, who got caught, who didn't, etc.

For some reason, fans of all sports assume their favorite team competes in some sort of honorable, fair way.

In reality, I am pretty sure all of these organizations, in all sports, are looking to get every edge they can get, legally, illegally, or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't care.  At all.  Yankee fans can't help from sounding like Holier than thou, pretentious jerks.  You can't. It's in your DNA.  

I asked a question and you went on a rant about the Yankees fans lol in what way am I acting pretentious

Edited by WildCard

Just now, WildCard said:

I asked a question and you went on a rant about the Yankees lol just a little salty huh

You didn't just ask a question.  You made an ascertain of complete innocence, when there is already rumors that this type of cheating may spread far and wide.  Have some humility. Yankee fans don't because they get everything they want. All the best players, prospects, championships and all the spoils.  You think being a Buffalo fan would inject that humbleness but nope Yankee fans just whip out their big ol ***** and rub it in everyone's face.

Cheating or being cheated on.  I'd say your going to sound foolish if something about the Yankees comes out but you'll just tell me how many championships they've won blah blah blah.  What about Thwomps original point?  

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I asked a question and you went on a rant about the Yankees fans lol in what way am I acting pretentious

Because you are assuming innocence 

This is just ridiculous Ink find somewhere else to hone your vendetta. Despite whatever implications you wanna put on it it was just a question, which was Thwomps post I did indeed respond to. 

Literally just talking baseball, don't know why it's gotta be a whole Yankees are d bags thing every time. 

Edited by WildCard

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is just ridiculous Ink find somewhere else to hone your vendetta. Despite whatever implications you wanna put on it it was just a question, which was Thwomps post I did indeed respond to. 

Literally just talking baseball, don't know why it's gotta be a whole Yankees are d bags thing every time. 

Nope.  Wasn't just a question.  Loaded with snark.  If you don't know why I go to Yankees fans are all Dbags card Everytime I see one pipe up in here with their ridiculous self absorbed arrogant takes, we probably probably shouldn't correspond.  

Oops didn't mean to start WW III. Baseball is already starting the moving on phase of this. Saying no evidence of wearing of electronic devices found, even though there's video.

And sorry wildcard, I gotta agree somewhat with ink, there's no way MLB is going after the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Oops didn't mean to start WW III. Baseball is already starting the moving on phase of this. Saying no evidence of wearing of electronic devices found, even though there's video.

And sorry wildcard, I gotta agree somewhat with ink, there's no way MLB is going after the Yankees.

Well I didn't say they were going after the Yankees cause I didn't know what they were accused of doing. Ink likes to just rant every time something resembling the Yankees is discussed though so honestly I don't put any stock into the rants 

Edited by WildCard

4 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

That was the Yankees stuff posted by the same source, FYI.

There could be truth to it. Tbh it really wouldn't surprise me. That account by Barstool, and the person they're replying too, notoriously hates the Yankees though. Again I wouldn't be shocked if the Yankees were doing something to steal signs 

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There could be truth to it. Tbh it really wouldn't surprise me. That account by Barstool, and the person they're replying too, notoriously hates the Yankees though. Again I wouldn't be shocked if the Yankees were doing something to steal signs 

I might dislike the barstool dooshes more than the Yankees.  Just insufferable massholes.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

1) The Orlando Magic are 24-31 and hold the 8th playoff seed in the East. The NBA is absurd

2) Rob Manfred is an absolute moron 

3) Can't wait to see the chaos around everyone trying to fight the Astros every game

It's all a part of baseball's evil scheme to finally throw significant punishments at pitchers who intentionally throw at batters.  I love all the outrage from certain players who say the Astros were messing with their careers and livelihood.  And throwing a 95 mph fastball at someone's head doesn't?

The door's open to salvage something from this, baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

Yasiel Puig is still unsigned less than a month from opening day. With Judge and Stanton hurt(as per usual, it'll happen again btw), and the fact that Clint Frazier can't catch a cold. Should the Yankees take a flier on him? His batting line from last year is super average, and his fielding is slightly sub par these days. I'm not advocating a long term contract. But if the price is right, could it hurt? I'm looking at you @WildCard

I absolutely love how other fans are desperate to get the Yankees front and center into the Astros cheating scandal.

Yankees are certifiably not angels but let's keep the focus on the Astros* shall we?

Nice to see we live rent free in so many fans brains despite the fact the Yankees have only 1 WS title since 2000.

6 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I absolutely love how other fans are desperate to get the Yankees front and center into the Astros cheating scandal.

Yankees are certifiably not angels but let's keep the focus on the Astros* shall we?

Nice to see we live rent free in so many fans brains despite the fact the Yankees have only 1 WS title since 2000.

2000 and 2009.

Sorry. Being a pedantic ***** is a sickness that I have.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

All good I don't want to shortchange the 2000 title when the Yankees won 87 games and won the WS in 5 over the Mets

Destroyed the Mets. That series was never in doubt. Not for one second. From 98 until they lost to the Diamondbacks, I never had any doubts on if they would win. It just seemed like they had it in the bag. Then in 03 I was actually nervous. Arizona shook my faith. And ever since then it's been a mixed bag and now I have to actually worry about the American League. Piss on the Red Sox for that! 

• Like (+1) 1