The other sports thread

Eleven

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

How does one watch it?  (As in, is it televised, etc.?)

There's another game today at 4.

I was encouraged that it wasn't gimmicky (only thing is mandatory 2 pt conversions) and seemed to eliminate a lot of the ticky tack calls that have infiltrated the NFL game

Edit: today's game is only on CBS Sports network which very few of us will have

Edited by Samson's Flow

9 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I was encouraged that it wasn't gimmicky (only thing is mandatory 2 pt conversions) and seemed to eliminate a lot of the ticky tack calls that have infiltrated the NFL game

The NFL could learn a thing or two (I know it's affiliated) from the AAF.  We are a blood thirsty culture.  

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

CBS and NFL Network

45 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Brings me back to my question:  CBS or some weird channel that's on a 300 tier?

On 2/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, WildCard said:

LeBron is just such an annoying, insufferable egotistical ass hat it's not even funny

But

His narcissism does give us this though, which is funny:

Image result for lebron bench lakers

Go to an NBA game and look at the benches throughout the game. At some point you'll catch this same view with various players around the league. A lot of guys sit at the end to either get some medical attention, stretch out or whatever the hell else people that are good at sports do. Vince Carter once had two fans sit in between him and the rest of the team. 

17 hours ago, Hoss said:

Go to an NBA game and look at the benches throughout the game. At some point you'll catch this same view with various players around the league. A lot of guys sit at the end to either get some medical attention, stretch out or whatever the hell else people that are good at sports do. Vince Carter once had two fans sit in between him and the rest of the team. 

I was surprised when I actually saw that picture.  The talking heads played it up like the team was shunning Lebron.  From the picture, it's very clear that he chose to sit off on his own.  Whatever the reason was, it doesn't immediately point to "the team hates/is sick of him" angle that was played up for a day or two.