The other sports thread

Eleven

Bulls ranked #25 in the AP Poll after that road win over #13 WVU.  First time being ranked in the program's history.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2019/2?fbclid=IwAR3jcjS0b7ksxQjlpOyF8cbxlFAWNyxt5V_SQ7NWZriL4gWcHM_u4LCRRE4

There are a LOT of historically good schools that got votes but didn't make the cut.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I can't find that hoops thread.  Maybe it just faded away.

Anyway, I hate everything about Toronto, but the Raptors are looking very good.

The Raptors are the only Toronto team I root for and I root for the hard. Go Dinosaurs.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The Raptors are the only Toronto team I root for and I root for the hard. Go Dinosaurs.

I root for the Blue Jays and the Raptors (don't care much for the NBA, but if I had to pick a team it would be them), but yet I absolutely can't stand the leafs and hope they lose every game.

That said Toronto winter sports are looking pretty solid

This Dwight Howard stuff is...uh...interesting. If true, the Twitterverse reaction is unfortunately representative of a lot of our community. Not ready to accept an athlete whose private life isn't traditional. It would be a  groundbreaking moment for him if he handled it properly but if history tells me anything, that's not how it's going to go down. 

Edited by inkman

50 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I root for the Blue Jays and the Raptors (don't care much for the NBA, but if I had to pick a team it would be them), but yet I absolutely can't stand the leafs and hope they lose every game.

That said Toronto winter sports are looking pretty solid

Idk why I lied and said the Raptors are the only team I root for considering I root for the Blue Jays. Baseball is just out of sight out of mind right now and my hate for the Leafs trumps the support of the Blue Jays.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

This Dwight Howard stuff is...uh...interesting. If true, the Twitterverse reaction is unfortunately representative of a lot of our community. Not ready to accept an athlete whose private life isn't traditional. It would be a  groundbreaking moment for him if he handled it properly but if history tells me anything, that's not how it's going to go down. 

If everything claimed is true then it’s a bad look for Dwight and his friend who both apparently threatened to kill someone over not signing an NDA. The rest is totally fine and the overall twitter reaction is an abomination.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Idk why I lied and said the Raptors are the only team I root for considering I root for the Blue Jays. Baseball is just out of sight out of mind right now and my hate for the Leafs trumps the support of the Blue Jays.

If everything claimed is true then it’s a bad look for Dwight and his friend who both apparently threatened to kill someone over not signing an NDA. The rest is totally fine and the overall twitter reaction is an abomination.

Yeah quite frankly the accuser should have contacted the authorities rather than out him. 

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

I had to turn to Google for this.

I don't care if he's gay, but shouldn't it be his announcement if he is?  (I think that's where your last sentence is going.)

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Yeah quite frankly the accuser should have contacted the authorities rather than out him. 

I wouldn’t really say enjoying trans women is an “out” because a true prescription to trans-friendliness accepts that “trans women” are just “women.”

BUT it’s clear this person was indeed attempting to “out” and shame him beyond just the part about his alleged threats.

This person seems to view there’s more value in telling this story than taking “hush money” (which I’m sure was hefty) or legal action.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Eleven said:

The Grey Cup is live right now, BTW.  Calgary is playing Ottawa.  I guess I"m rooting for Calgary because f*ck Ottawa.

I second this. I don't even know what the Grey Cup is (probably either Canadian Football League, log splitting, or some sort of maple syrup chugging contest) but regardless of the sport, put me down for f*ck Ottawa please.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

I second this. I don't even know what the Grey Cup is (probably either Canadian Football League, log splitting, or some sort of maple syrup chugging contest) but regardless of the sport, put me down for f*ck Ottawa please.

I am very surprised, nay shocked, that a man that knows all about life in a trailer park in suburban Nova Scotia knows nothing about the Grey Cup.

And, in case you are wondering, and Eleven too ... Calgary won it.  So, the f curse Ottawa worked.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am very surprised, nay shocked, that a man that knows all about life in a trailer park in suburban Nova Scotia knows nothing about the Grey Cup.

And, in case you are wondering, and Eleven too ... Calgary won it.  So, the f curse Ottawa worked.

That's probably because they only film in the summer months. I mainly just come for the cheeseburgers and liquor ........ and the hash of course.

Colt McCoy is out for the season for the Redskins.  Mark Sanchez is the only healthy Washington QB.  They just claimed Reuben Foster, knowing full well there would be criticism.  If they're willing to do that, and under their current QB circumstances, doesn't it seem like taking a chance on Colin Kaepernick would be the obvious thing to do?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

Colt McCoy is out for the season for the Redskins.  Mark Sanchez is the only healthy Washington QB.  They just claimed Reuben Foster, knowing full well there would be criticism.  If they're willing to do that, and under their current QB circumstances, doesn't it seem like taking a chance on Colin Kaepernick would be the obvious thing to do?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm just waiting for Hoss to show up and tell me how the Bona men are better than UB. 

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Have there been any since Lanier?

Disclaimer: the NCAA is a criminal syndicate that needs to be shut down immediately.

anyway, it's adorable that UB decided to have an athletic department about five years ago.  Good for you guys.