[Game Day] Sabres @ Bruins 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Miller can't be blamed for those goals, the team is playing horrid team defense, Dumont is a terrible back checker.............And did you see Biron play vs Atlanta, now that was some horrid goaltending, I like Marty still but he was terrible...........Miller wasn't Hasek like in this game, but he made some good saves and could pull out the miracles on some of those tip shots...........Right now I wish that goaltending was our only problem.

Ok, I've been out of town and missed the past 2 games...but just a few random thoughts.

1. Why are we talking about a playoff exit? 5 games ago we were talking about going deep into the playoffs. It is going to turn around. As I (and others) have said before. Get this slump out of the way now, so we can go into the playoffs ready to roll.

2. Miller vs. Biron. While Biron should have started last night, does anyone honestly think that a goalie controversey is what we really need right now? As to the person who posted earlier that Biron always comes up big in big games...his playoff record is currently 0-0, and judging how he comes up in big game situations (go back to my posts from his hot streak in December), I am not comfortable with him in there in the playoffs. Besides, with all things even, Miller is the more talented goaltender. So we have to figure out what to do to get him playing his best again. He is the type of player who likes to work his way out of a slump. So let him do it. Another thing to keep in mind for those of you aching to see Marty in net. He let 5 goals in against Atlanta on 23 shots (I think, too lazy to look it up right now). He should have had most of those...so I don't think he's exactly on top of his game right now either.

3. The Slump. The team needs one big game to pull themselves out of this slump. What more could you ask for than Monday. They are playing against the Rangers. 4 point game against a team that has struggled to keep up with them all year, and of course I don't think I need to mention Kasparaitis. I think the team is going to come out fired up and pull off a big win, and get ready for the playoff push.