[Game Day] Sabres @ Bruins 7:00PM

SabresBeat

:P :P

The Boston Bruins! Just what the doctor ordered!

:D :rolleyes: B-)

I hope so - remember even the Sens have lost to the Sabres once this season. Anyway, I'll leave the game up to you guys - this Tiger season ticket holder has a college basketball game out in Oakland to pay attention to at the same time.

still 0-0 they just had a penalty shot which Miller easily saved. We have looked pretty good and Miller has looked solid. They have been testing his glove alot and he has a few really good glove saves.

1-0 bad guys (Bergeron scored...)

Drury has the puck all by himself in the corner to the right of Miller with 3 or 4 seconds left in the period, the Sabres shorthanded. He can write "Wilson" on the puck and have a conversation with it to kill the clock but instead throws it around the boards, right to a Bruin at the point, leading to a close call at the buzzer. WHY? One of my all time hockey pet peeves. It happens all the time.

Hey, was that Doug Gilmour coasting back into the Sabres' zone on the Bruins' second goal? You can call it a slump if you want, but when your co captain starts pulling that #%^$#!, you're in deep trouble. The other captain must have known something no one else did. It was a week ago tonight that Briere made his mysterious "lockerroom issues" comment. On a side note, I wonder if a Sabre team has ever lost five games in a week?

Now...someone has to say it. It is time to alternate starts for Miller and Biron and go with the better man in the playoffs? I know, I know, Jim... Miller didn't have a chance!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-wheres my bat

The speed has taken them as far as it can...now the lack of talent and any other skill shines through...

I doubt it . It was just of matter of time before someone started suffering from head inflation from all those W's. It's happened now in the worst way, and this is the result.

Hopefully they'll figure out that nobody on this team belongs in an all-star game, and get back to the original game plan.

I doubt it . It was just of matter of time before someone started suffering from head inflation from all those W's. It's happened now in the worst way, and this is the result.

Hopefully they'll figure out that nobody on this team belongs in an all-star game, and get back to the original game plan.

I got home in time just to catch Talinder tie it, only to see us give it back up a few minutes later. On a play where the defense attempted to clear it high and off the glass (like he should) only to have it hit a partition and jump back in to the slot where the Bruins turned it in to a quick two-on-one.

Not saying that is why we lost.....but, as it has been written but so many of you, when bounces go against you, they REALLY seem to go against you.

It is time to alternate goalies and play whomever gets hot b/c Miller is not the same goalie he was.

All part of the learning curve my friends.....Hang in there all!

It is time to alternate goalies and play whomever gets hot b/c Miller is not the same goalie he was.

All part of the learning curve my friends.....Hang in there all!

I always thought that keeping Biron was a good idea just in case this situation arose. Miller hasn't yet proven he cna really handle the pressure of the big games yet. Did he not fold under the pressure during the Calder Cup playoffs last year? Biron, on the other hand, always seems to plays hi best when the games mean the most. We may have a 21st century version of Billy Smith and Chico Resch on our hands, at least for this season.

I'm beginning to think that we would have been better off moving one of the guys who previously had motivational issues when they had the most value at this deadline... namely Kotalik. He and Noronen could have brought quite a return now that I think about it.

Also, I think this team is missing both Hecht and Timmah! more than before. And, the last thing I want to see is that there is factioning between Briere and Drury, if that's what Danny's comments were alluding to.

Ta,

I just got back from seeing the game live. Sitting in the endzone behind Miller for two periods, there is no freakin' way you can pin any goals on him! Each Boston goal was scored directly off a Sabre turnover in our own end or in the neutral zone. Each goal was scored by the odd man across the crease.

I know many of you look at the goal and blame the goalie, without considering the breakdown by his teamates in front of him. The two guys who deserve to get reamed by Lindy are Vanek and Afinegenov. Lazy sloppy play by Vanek in the neutral zone cost us a goal. Maxim makes one good play then 2 or 3 horrible ones.

This team is in big trouble right now. Lindy has got to find a way to reach them before we fall right out of the playoffs. We haven't clinched anything yet.

PTR

Miller's slide goes back quite a few games now, so I don't think I and a few other lone voices are overreacting. People can always say Ryan made a lot of good saves and didn't have much of a chance on four of the five goals (how Lorentz doesn't count the fourth goal as a bad goal is beyond me). But as I've said before, the NHLPRGA (National Hockey League Prematurely Retired Goaltender Association) is full of guys who made a lot of good saves except for the ones where they had no chance. :) Bottom line: he's allowing three, four and five goals almost every night, and he's a part of the problem right now. There are a lot of other issues, too, but your success tends to start in goal and emanate out. That softie in the final minute of the second tonight was execrable.

Tom, I guess the crux of the issue is whether the Sabres, looking to the future, let Ryan experience this crucible of pressure, the results (or in Lindy's lexicon, "the pain") be damned, or, thinking they can win now, open up the job to competition again. Any change of philosophy regarding the goaltenders is very unlikely, so it's just message board fodder I guess. In fact, Lindy seems to be trying to prop Ryan up, get him going again -- there's no way that Ruff actually planned to start Miller three games in four nights in late March.

Finally, I can't believe that the media consensus is that the Sabres are playing well, just not getting any breaks. If that's true, I am dismayed. The last two games, I've seen so many things that make me wonder whether this team can have playoff success. Again, I beseech someone on this board to reassure me that this is indeed a slump, that the Sabres are NOT playing well, that these are not the Sabres of the first sixty-some games minus good luck!

PTR, the fourth goal came at the other end, so I will cut you some slack for not seeing that it was a soft goal that went in off of Ryan's glove.

As for missing the playoffs... that's almost mathematically impossible!

Miller can't be blamed for those goals, the team is playing horrid team defense, Dumont is a terrible back checker.............And did you see Biron play vs Atlanta, now that was some horrid goaltending, I like Marty still but he was terrible...........Miller wasn't Hasek like in this game, but he made some good saves and could pull out the miracles on some of those tip shots...........Right now I wish that goaltending was our only problem.