Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Bump ...

I will keep this thread open for a while just in case.

But this is a reminder and an invitation for anyone interested to the Soccer Club over in the Clubs section.  Membership is free and open to everyone.  We are having some good discussions over there

• 3 years later...

So I’m not much of a soccer fan, but I’m in London visiting family and we are going to a pretty big EPL game tomorrow — West Ham vs Liverpool.  It’s #2 vs #4, and Liverpool evidently has a guy, Mohammed Salah, who is regarded as one of the best players in the world.

The game is being played in a sold-out 55K seat arena that was built for the 2012 Olympics and hosted the opening and closing ceremonies.

This will be by far the biggest soccer game I have ever attended.  Should be pretty raucous in the upper deck, which is where we’re sitting.  I’m looking forward to it.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So I’m not much of a soccer fan, but I’m in London visiting family and we are going to a pretty big EPL game tomorrow — West Ham vs Liverpool.  It’s #2 vs #4, and Liverpool evidently has a guy, Mohammed Salah, who is regarded as one of the best players in the world.

The game is being played in a sold-out 55K seat arena that was built for the 2012 Olympics and hosted the opening and closing ceremonies.

This will be by far the biggest soccer game I have ever attended.  Should be pretty raucous in the upper deck, which is where we’re sitting.  I’m looking forward to it.  

Liverpool FC fan here.  Hopefully the majority of the 55k crowd leaves disappointed tomorrow.

Yes, Salah is great.  He’ll be playing at right forward for Liverpool.

If you want to watch for something that is kind of easy to see from afar and also vital to Liverpool’s success, watch for how they apply pressure when West Ham has possession.  They are regarded as one of the very best teams in the world at pressing and causing turnovers.  Their positioning, timing, and intensity when pressuring the ball should stand out to you.

And have fun!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Have fun.  The fans of both sides are not known for huliganism, so it should be a fun and safe match.  Expect many Liverpool supporters in attendance.

Salah is fantastic and is poetry in motion.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Liverpool FC fan here.  Hopefully the majority of the 55k crowd leaves disappointed tomorrow.

Yes, Salah is great.  He’ll be playing at right forward for Liverpool.

If you want to watch for something that is kind of easy to see from afar and also vital to Liverpool’s success, watch for how they apply pressure when West Ham has possession.  They are regarded as one of the very best teams in the world at pressing and causing turnovers.  Their positioning, timing, and intensity when pressuring the ball should stand out to you.

And have fun!

It's easy to be a Liverpool fan and there are some on here.

You should come over to the fan box of a small and feisty club ... Nowich City.

+++++

There is a Soccer / Football Club here for football posts.  I invite you both to check it out.  Membership is free.

I thought I had locked this thread years ago when I started the club, but maybe not, or did you unlock it @nfreeman?

There are many topics in there including an EPL season thread.  Any member of the club can start a thread in there.

+++++

Actually, I see my last post was saying that I will lock this thread, which I will do now.

So, off to the football / soccer club it is ...