Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

I'm in!

Sweet! Thanks!

I don't know nearly enough about the EPL to join this, but it sounds fun.

Very simple league, all for fun. Feel free to join, even if you lose interest midway through. Never know, you could learn a thing.

USA - Mexico tonight! What do you think the US chances are?

Slim, but Mexico is missing some big guns, as is USA. Should be solid game but i'd guess 2-0 for Mexico.

Arsenal's best player, Robin Van Persie is signing for Manchester United pending a medical. The whole shebang has probably already taken place. As a former Arsenal supporter, I can tell you that he is not quite Bergkamp, but he'll do a lot to fill the void that Ronnie left at Man Utd.

United's midfield is unsettled atm. Scholes will be 38? Giggs will be 39? Cleverly and Anderson may be in need of seasoning till they are considered proven. Kagawa may prove the ying to Carrick's yang. But there are many questions and few answers after last years big-time defeats.

Arsenal are in total rebuild, but Manchester City and Chelsea are posers no longer. Liverpool are stuck in perma-lurk, with Tottenham, and maybe Newcastle once more. Interesting times ahead.

Arsenal's best player, Robin Van Persie is signing for Manchester United pending a medical. The whole shebang has probably already taken place. As a former Arsenal supporter, I can tell you that he is not quite Bergkamp, but he'll do a lot to fill the void that Ronnie left at Man Utd.

United's midfield is unsettled atm. Scholes will be 38? Giggs will be 39? Cleverly and Anderson may be in need of seasoning till they are considered proven. Kagawa may prove the ying to Carrick's yang. But there are many questions and few answers after last years big-time defeats.

Arsenal are in total rebuild, but Manchester City and Chelsea are posers no longer. Liverpool are stuck in perma-lurk, with Tottenham, and maybe Newcastle once more. Interesting times ahead.

Kagawa will be one of the more exciting players in the EPL.

Real mallorca gets banned from playing in europe cause of a debt of 63 million euro last year. how hypocryte was that seeing barcelona and real madrid have debts 20xtimes higher.

to be honest this makes me not want to support any league that isn't financially healthy, sadly that only leaves 3 leagues i can watch now.

german, belgian and swedish league.

I'm a fan of Kvmechelen myself, we got relegated to 3rd division in belgium cause of debts in 2003, now we are healthy club again and im glad it turned out this way.

Same with clubs in germany, they had to regulate their debts to. did mean those clubs got set behind vs the rest of europe, some financial fair play would be nice and hope

it will come soon. Big clubs in England and Spain been warned enough, its time to cut them from playing in europe like they did with mallorca.

Arsenal is the only english club actually doing something about its debts, while the other keep going on a spending spree year after year.

Edited by Heimdall

• 3 weeks later...

The Canadian Mens National Team has been boosted with some veterans for a crucial 2 game set against Panama in WC 2014 qualifying.

The first match is set for BMO Field in Toronto on Friday (the place will be rocking), followed by a tilt in Panama City next Tuesday.

These sides sit 1 - 2 (Panama leads by two points over Canada) in their Group and these two matches are huge to both sides, as both are looking good to advance to the final Group Qualifying Stage for WC 2014.

Go Canada!

Team Canada defeated Panama 1 - 0 in a good match on Friday in Toronto. The fans at BMO Field were in top form, including the Womens National Team, fresh off their Olympic Bronze Medal ... :censored: FIFA.

The goal was a beaut and Canada now has a very good chance of advancing to the final round of qualifying matches for WC Brazil 2014.

The rematch is Tuesday in Panama City. A win for Canada would all but guarantee their spot in the next round.

Go Canada!

I thought our best player tonight might have been Cherundolo. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves sometimes... he's a really good defender and is a tireless worker.

Bradley should be back soon. Quad injury (out 2-3 weeks, supposedly)

Thanks for the info on Bradley. Cherondolo does not stick out to me at all, I guess in that sense I do overlook him. I don't see him being around for the next world cup though, assuming we make it.

What position does Cherundolo play on the national team? Still right back or do they play him in the middle?

From left to right in front of Howard it went cherundalo, bocanegra, Cameron and Johnson. Cameron is going to be a stud.

How's things looking for norway?

From left to right in front of Howard it went cherundalo, bocanegra, Cameron and Johnson. Cameron is going to be a stud.

How's things looking for norway?

Cherundalo on the left back? Is that typical?

As for Norway, started out the qualifiers with a very disappointing loss 2-0 way against Iceland, won 2-1 at home against Slovenia last night. Persuasively the battle will be between Norway, Switzerland and Iceland. That's why the loss to Iceland was devastating. Luckily Iceland laid a turd against Cyprus which basically gifts Norway back the points they lost on Iceland to start the group. If they can take care of business at home, and beat the doormats away the group will likely come down to Norway's away games in Switzerland and Slovenia. The group is definitely winnable, but to be honest it looks like Switzerland has the inside track right now.

Nothing is set on the back line right now. Klinsman has different pairings back there every game, I think he's trying to find the right chemistry.

Good luck to your country, I hope they advance.

Thank you! It's always a blast (the two times it has happened) for me when Norway qualifies, and this time around I won't feel guilty of they do. If they grab a spot it is at the expense of either Switzerland or Iceland, not two countries that I would consider it a disaster if they won't qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

FIFA is a joke.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2012/09/28/sp-fifa-sepp-blatter-fifa-corruption.html

The head of the most corrupt organization in the world, well maybe second most corrupt after the UN, is telling his own anti-corruption committee to shut up. This from the man who rigged his own re-election.

Reminds me of how President Nixon famously stated that he is not a crook. Only to later resign for actually being a crook.