Derek Roy

Huckleberry

I dont like Roy either but this is terrible, we lost in this trade, why are you all so happy?

Addition by subtraction.

Dismantling this core and adding a physical third line center with intangibles makes this team harder to play against and gives us a more balanced mix of centers. We need to be built for the playoffs. Ott is built for the playoffs and Roy isn't.

A D-Man that isnt in our Top 8 WOOOOO

Your not going to pick on the fact that Eleven said a little more and the guys another monster (6ft4 220lbs i think).

I don't see how this deal helps us for other trades. Roy was probably one of our better trade assets. It freed up 1.1 mil in cap space. Not really buying what DR is selling on this one.

Darcy has been trying to trade Roy for a year now with no success, on those grounds I'm glad we got something for him.

Your not going to pick on the fact that Eleven said a little more and the guys another monster (6ft4 220lbs i think).

Darcy has been trying to trade Roy for a year now with no success, on those grounds I'm glad we got something for him.

he cant even crack a lineup for a full year. He isnt very good. Also we lose a center this is not good.

he cant even crack a lineup for a full year. He isnt very good. Also we lose a center this is not good.

Who knows what we'll do. we do now have too many massive guys with limited skill imho. I'll agree with that. We still need skill.

I just think we could have done better, I would rather have just gotten Ott than 2 million in dead salary.

I understand that, but I just don't even care. This deal is about Roy for Ott, and it makes this team a lot tougher to play against down the center.

I liked Derek Roy. He was a good-VG player for us for quite awhile and I'm appreciative. He scored in bunches...could get 11 points in 3 games at times early on. Until they brought in Gerbe, I thought he was the sparkplug. He was a core player along with Vanek and Pominville; they all came up from the Amerks. He had faults, sure. He was a small player so he was part of the team that got pushed around. He had a rep as a diver. But I think that injury was very serious and for a small player, he blew one of his wheels, which was one of his best assets. I'm not sure he can ever regain the confidence that it took to play with a physical edge again as he played earlier in his career. But he definitely needs a change and I wish him all the best.

I liked Derek Roy. He was a good-VG player for us for quite awhile and I'm appreciative. He scored in bunches...could get 11 points in 3 games at times early on. Until they brought in Gerbe, I thought he was the sparkplug. He was a core player along with Vanek and Pominville; they all came up from the Amerks. He had faults, sure. He was a small player so he was part of the team that got pushed around. He had a rep as a diver. But I think that injury was very serious and for a small player, he blew one of his wheels, which was one of his best assets. I'm not sure he can ever regain the confidence that it took to play with a physical edge again as he played earlier in his career. But he definitely needs a change and I wish him all the best.

I think this is a fair assessment. He did contribute. He had an attitude problem, but he did contribute. He wasn't tough. Never will be. And he needed out and the Sabres needed someone tougher.

Now, to replace those other 30-35 points...

I used to love watching him play when he first came up with the Sabres. By the end, I couldn't stand to see him around anymore.

And I'm pretty sure he's going to rack up a ton of points for Dallas this year. He really needed a change and so did the Sabres.

I think this is a fair assessment. He did contribute. He had an attitude problem, but he did contribute. He wasn't tough. Never will be. And he needed out and the Sabres needed someone tougher.

Now, to replace those other 30-35 points...

Paging Cody Hodgson, Mr Hodgson to the top of the depth chart please.

Archived