The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

I actually like Andrew Peters contributions to the show, but you are right, there are too many instances of the above. I hope he is aware of this shortcoming and works on not seizing the mic until he has clearly formed the point he wants to make. It's ok to take a little extra time if that's needed to make the thoughts line up in your mind.

I would much more like to see Kevin Sylvester replaced by Brian Duff than getting rid of Peters. Duff is good, and also understands how to make better use of what Andrew Peters can bring to the show. That said, Brian Duff is probably too good an asset to waste on the fourth line of media offerings from the Sabres. All in all, I enjoy the show as it gives me something to listen to on the way in to work, and every now and then they have some very interesting guests on as well.

I'm glad you enjoy Peters, but for me there is nothing appealing about a half witted, retired, hockey pugilist with no ability to effectively formulate and articulate coherent thoughts. On a fairly regular basis, Peters interrupts and/or talks over Shillvester as well as guests of the program with nonsensical, tangential ramblings.

Peters makes Ken Daneyko sound like a member of Mensa and IMO he has no business co-hosting any regularly scheduled program with any semblance of journalistic standards.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I would much more like to see Kevin Sylvester replaced by Brian Duff than getting rid of Peters.

You're getting way too greedy. The only reason Sylvester does the radio show is b/c he's already been replaced by Duff with all things broadcast-related. Now you want Duff to take his radio job too!?

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 1mBuffalo's own @JustinBailey95 joins @SabresHotline today at 11am on @WGR550should be interesting

Kevin Snow from the Sabres website is in for dumb dumb.......We can actually listen to coherently conveyed commentary for a change. :)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not even close to second line potential. Are we not "hopeful" for a Cup in the "future"?

How is it not close to second line potential? According to Ronnie, Foligno has the potential to be one of the best power forwards in the NHL. He may have just been pumping his tires, but Foligno has at least second line potential. Girgensons definitely has second line potential and I really don't know much about Larsson yet. Wild fans certainly seemed to think he could be at least a second liner some day.

Also namedropping your own user name isn't a quick way to get sand out of your monster truck.

Edited by qwksndmonster

How is it not close to second line potential? According to Ronnie, Foligno has the potential to be one of the best power forwards in the NHL. He may have just been pumping his tires, but Foligno has at least second line potential. Girgensons definitely has second line potential and I really don't know much about Larsson yet. Wild fans certainly seemed to think he could be at least a second liner some day.

Also namedropping your own user name isn't a quick way to get sand out of your monster truck.

All tire pumping IMO.

I would be pleasantly surprised indeed if Foligno becomes more than a 3rd line guy on a good team. But I'm not seeing it yet. Girgensens may have more, but we have to wait until he plays with the big boys before we can call him a 2nd liner.

Bolded section put aside for a moment, each of the players mentioned project to be more in line with defensive forwards with some (some being the key word) offensive upside. I'd like to see the Sabres roll 2 solid scoring lines, and since it was suggested the aforementioned players could make a 2nd line my opinion differs given what I've read on each player to date combined with watching Foligno this past season. In short, merely opinion on my part.

Back to the bolded comment, I find the sand in my "monster truck" helps add the necessary weight needed to navigate the slick roads of Western New York.

Andrew Peters --> ugh... Very tough to listen to.

They should use him as the Sabres did, 2-3 minutes a day.

Peters is away this week until Thursday with Kevin Snow (Monday), Brian Duff (Tuesday), and Paul Hamilton (Wednesday) filling in for him. It's been a much better show without him around.

"Sabres State Run Radio" is kind of catchy.

It is.

I don't listen to WGR much ....but I think it is ironic that that label is coming from the BNEC....... Buffalo News Echo Chamber.

I think I watched a video not long ago of Bucky and Sully nodding their head agreeing with Mike. Three heads, same guy, apparently.

For those of us who couldn't listen, any chance somebody can put this quote into context?

Sorry, he was talking about the draft and where they saw some players and where some teams heads currently are. I think specifically he meant that how they are putting together their lists for rounds 1-3 (especially round 1) has changed since the combine and interviews.

Sorry, he was talking about the draft and where they saw some players and where some teams heads currently are. I think specifically he meant that how they are putting together their lists for rounds 1-3 (especially round 1) has changed since the combine and interviews.

Got it. Thanks.

Alright, that's it, I'm going to sleep until Sunday afternoon, or I'm gonna kill myself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.