The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

I heard Andrew Peters was complaining about not having a pension.

Can you imagine making a half million $ per year for 6 years working only 3-4 minutes a night for only about 35 nights a year. Poor guy.

A pension?! He's 32! Go to work, man! Being able to punch while on skates for a few years shouldn't mean you get to loaf around for the rest of your life.

A pension?! He's 32! Go to work, man! Being able to punch while on skates for a few years shouldn't mean you get to loaf around for the rest of your life.

Sounds like a Canadian member of parliament. Work a 3 or 4 year term and collect 100 000 plus a year for life.

• 2 months later...

How can someone who hosts a hockey show be so clueless about hockey?

Dunno I think Sylvester has the basic hockey knowledge, which on tv has the support of Mike Robitaille or Danny Gare. Now on the radio he usually does it alone and that knowledge addition is missing. So usually if he talks about something, someone jumps in and adds deeper thoughts. Not the case here...

At least Andrew Peters throws in some funny things :D

Those stories from Andrew Peters from the early days are so great.

Just now, he totally hyped up Sylvester's efforts doing fill-in PBP, going so far as to suggest that fans need to cut him some slack because it's difficult to "replace a legend".

My fear is that any criticism lobbed at Kevin Sylvester's PBP will be misconstrued as fans being unable to accept whoever steps in following Rick's retirement rather than taken as an honest and unbiased assessment.

I heard Sylvester's interview with Terry Pegula yesterday. Two comments.

1- Love him as an owner, but Pegs is the MOST BORING interview I have ever heard. (Hyperbole intentional)

2- If KS kissed Pegula's ass any more thoroughly they would have had to pry him out of it with a crowbar during the commercial break.

I think the reason KS remains a part of the organization in the role he's in is because Pegula has a personality/management flaw; If you kiss his ass non-stop, he equates that with "worth"

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone calling into the Sylvester show saying Lindy needs to be fired is like someone going up to Ronald McDonald and saying Wendy's is better.

My favorite thing is when he comes back with "all right then tell me who you think should be coach because otherwise you aren't saying anything"

How the hell am I supposed to know about all the coaches who are out there? I mean the players I can at least watch and see some numbers for. Coaches its a little harder. Him being all what coach what coach replaces Lindy? is a major problem with this entire argument. Everyone is charged is basically well we arent sure someone else will do better so we will wait.

My favorite thing is when he comes back with "all right then tell me who you think should be coach because otherwise you aren't saying anything"

How the hell am I supposed to know about all the coaches who are out there? I mean the players I can at least watch and see some numbers for. Coaches its a little harder. Him being all what coach what coach replaces Lindy? is a major problem with this entire argument. Everyone is charged is basically well we arent sure someone else will do better so we will wait.

This drives me nuts as well. Hey Kevin, if it's not your job to come up with a name for a new coach, it certainly isn't the fans' job either.

Exactly, it's the worst argument for not firing a coach. Lindy Ruff wasn't an obvious head coaching candidate in 1997, he was an assistant.

Sylvester continues to be a gigantic tool.

Exactly, it's the worst argument for not firing a coach. Lindy Ruff wasn't an obvious head coaching candidate in 1997, he was an assistant.

Sylvester continues to be a gigantic tool.

I'm just not shocked at all that his argument is the same many posters in the past here have used to justify not firing Ruff. The evolution of the argument has not reached Sylvester so we hear him rehashing things this forum has already done. I bet in six months he won't be making that argument anymore because he'll have evolved his rationale to the point we're at right now. Kinda funny how it works. Like watching a teenager figure out what can only be learned through maturation.

I'm just not shocked at all that his argument is the same many posters in the past here have used to justify not firing Ruff. The evolution of the argument has not reached Sylvester so we hear him rehashing things this forum has already done. I bet in six months he won't be making that argument anymore because he'll have evolved his rationale to the point we're at right now. Kinda funny how it works. Like watching a teenager figure out what can only be learned through maturation.

For a second there, I misread the word "maturation" at the end of your post and was really confused about what you were trying to say.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.