Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

1 hour ago, Tony P said:

We usually don't go to tribute band shows but this one sounded unique: the Blues Beatles. The band is amazingly from Brazil and their music is just what the name suggests. They take Beatles standards and adapt them to a blues style. We saw them Friday night and were literally blown away by how good the musicians were and how much fun their music was.

If you're a fan of the Blues, check this out...

Yesterday

This is great. Just checked out their website for other videos. The dude who plays guitar (and also piano? Same guy?) seems super talented.

The best Beatles cover band I ever saw was called the Silver Beats. Four Japanese guys. They were the house band for a Beatles bar called The Cavern Club in Roppongi in Tokyo.

Sadly the bar has long since closed and I am unaware they still play together.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:55 AM, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I was at this too and was pleasantly surprised how good the Offspring sounded.  This was real funshow

I’ve seen the Offspring 3 times and they are always fantastic. Dexter can sing, the band is tight. Good humor. Great night of rock and roll. Highly recommend seeing them!

Edited by rickshaw
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:53 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Went to Morrissey on Thursday.  Today at Depeche Mode.  Opening act DIIV. 

Sorry to be missing the Bills game but what can you do. Priorities.

Jealous. I saw the Smiths in the 1980's. Saw Depeche Mode in Columbia, Maryland around 1988. My groups from that era have all aged out or passed away. Getting old sucks but my musical memories are endless. In my younger days, I would go to multiple concerts every year. Was listening to Devo this morning on the car radio. I remember seeing them doing an opening set while walking on treadmills. Always makes me smile to remember that great era of music. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Jealous. I saw the Smiths in the 1980's. Saw Depeche Mode in Columbia, Maryland around 1988. My groups from that era have all aged out or passed away. Getting old sucks but my musical memories are endless. In my younger days, I would go to multiple concerts every year. Was listening to Devo this morning on the car radio. I remember seeing them doing an opening set while walking on treadmills. Always makes me smile to remember that great era of music. 

I think I've been to more shows in the last 2 years than I ever went to as a kid. 

Here is the list

Haim, Tears for Fears (w Garbage), Robert Plant & Allison Krauss, Goo Goo Dolls (w Blue October), The Killers, Johnny Mahr, Elton John, Bare Naked Ladies (with Five for Fighting and Del Amitri), Goo Goo Dolls (again - w O.A.R), Morrissey and Depeche Mode.  My wife and I have been having a blast.  

• Like (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw a local theater production of Children of a Lesser God tonight.  All those actors playing deaf characters were deaf themselves.  It was a very intense performance.  I probably would not have have heard of the performance except that my wife had worked with the female lead when she was a sign language teacher at the school where my wife teaches.

• Like (+1) 2

Going to see Ignite in a couple of weeks. Love the new stuff, really catchy melodic Hardcore. Then my old band are getting back together to play a weekend fest. We’re pretty excited. Then my friends band have an album release coming up which will be cool (I did the artwork for their CD and Vinyl). 

DE79328D-F876-4C22-810E-206376FD2198.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1