Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Going to the one here. I think it's in Oct?

Nice. I might try to make the Buffalo show in October as well, it's either there or Charlotte since Rush has neglected Raleigh yet again.

they're bringing an 8-piece string section to help out on this tour. didn't end up with vegas tix like i had hoped, but this is just the first leg. they'll be doing another leg next spring/summer/fall.

it's heavily rumored that they'll be doing clockwork angels in its entirety. you lucky bass turds. 2013 can't get here fast enough.

they're bringing an 8-piece string section to help out on this tour. didn't end up with vegas tix like i had hoped, but this is just the first leg. they'll be doing another leg next spring/summer/fall.

it's heavily rumored that they'll be doing clockwork angels in its entirety. you lucky bass turds. 2013 can't get here fast enough.

Just to piss you off some more, I'm in a suite with free beer and food. :D

Tech N9ne (6/12) and Childish Gambino ( 6/19) at the Ballroom

Glover sucks live. Saw him at Rock The Bells in Brooklyn last year.

I stopped attending big concerts about 20 years ago. Still hit bar-sized concerts and free outdoor shows, but I just figured my big concert days were behind me. And then a funny thing seemed to have happened. My son got interested in music and is old enough to attend some shows. And for the most part he listens to music that I can really dig. I got my feet wet again last Summer at Artpark but the real fun came when my (then) 13 yr old son started begging me to let him go to the Uproar Festival at Darien Lake last August. Eventually I relented on the condition that I go as well. For the most part the bands weren't bands I would ordinarily listen to but the headliners especially weren't bad, and since I am a reformed (sort of) metal head the last two bands in particular were pretty damned enjoyable.

So this year the kid is already begging me to go to a concert with him, and frankly, I was looking forward to the Summer's concert schedule for my own enjoyment. Looks like a pretty fair concert season coming. This is my concert plan for the coming year;

June 29 Buffalo Place- Grace Potter and the Nocturnals This band puts on a great show. They have a fantastic old school rock vibe to them. And Grace Potter is darned nice to look at too. If you are not familiar, look them up on youtube. Fantastic rock performers.

Darien Lake- Allman Brothers and Carlos Santana Taking the wife to see this one. Two of my favorites from the bluesy end of rock.

Darien Lake- Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper Re-living my junior year in high school. LOL Actually, I won't be buying tix to this show. I'll be a volunteer. I am involved with one of the not-for-profits that man the beer kiosks at the venue. I'm already signed up to dish out $12 Bud Lights to the head banging masses. I won't get a look at the stage most likely but I'll be able to listen to the show. \nn/

Darien Lake- Slipknot/Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax This is the show my kid is bugging me about. Yeah, we're gonna go. I've never seen Motorhead or Slayer in concert so I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure my ears will be bleeding by the time the show ends. And 3 out of 4 of those bands are up my alley.

First Niagara Center- Rush Now this one *will* have me re-living my junior year in high school. Going with a longtime friend. I can't wait until October.

Anyone else ready for Summer concert season?

Motorhead is great live.

I had the pleasure of bringing them to Rochester a handful of years ago. Lacuna Coil opened.

Just grabbed a ducat for Heart at Artpark in July. Seeing Heart for ten bucks? Yeah, I'll do that any day of the week! Saw them live back a few years ago (might have been at Marine Midland Arena, but it could have been the Aud) and they were great. Anyway, the tickets were way more than ten bucks. Might be interested in seeing Yes and Procul Harum, but Yes is minus Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman/Tony Kaye/Patrick Moraz. On the plus side, this show is only five bucks...

Edited by Sabre Dance

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight in Raleigh it's the Last Summer on Earth tour (Cracker, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Blues Traveler and Barenaked Ladies). I'm more looking forward to Big Head Todd and Blues Traveler, the wife loves BNL though. Hopefully the rain holds off.

And for all you WNY'ers, the concert of the summer has been announced. Steel Panther at The Rapids Theater on 8/8. Don't miss it.

http://www.zvents.co...5-steel-panther

Blue-Gold game/concert combo?

No plans for it. Rushing home from work then taking the long drive into Buffalo. Hopefully we get there before the crowd gets huge near the stage for the main event. Taking my boy and his GF so I am kind of a chaperone in this case. First band starts around 5:30 but there is no way we get there in time for that. I'm not sure when the headliners usually take the stage (first time for me at this venue) but I'm expecting to get home pretty late as well.

No plans for it. Rushing home from work then taking the long drive into Buffalo. Hopefully we get there before the crowd gets huge near the stage for the main event. Taking my boy and his GF so I am kind of a chaperone in this case. First band starts around 5:30 but there is no way we get there in time for that. I'm not sure when the headliners usually take the stage (first time for me at this venue) but I'm expecting to get home pretty late as well.

When I was working in the production industry, general rule was if the openers were not big name bands, they usually didn't get more than a few songs/a half hour each (if there were more than 1 opener) unless the headliner wanted to go on later. If one of the openers is a big name band they got more time.

Tonight in Raleigh it's the Last Summer on Earth tour (Cracker, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Blues Traveler and Barenaked Ladies). I'm more looking forward to Big Head Todd and Blues Traveler, the wife loves BNL though. Hopefully the rain holds off.

And for all you WNY'ers, the concert of the summer has been announced. Steel Panther at The Rapids Theater on 8/8. Don't miss it.

http://www.zvents.co...5-steel-panther

I'm here.Its 1994 all over again.

Edited by Claude_Verret

really wanted to go over to Seether after the game but my friend was on 2 hours of sleep so i had to bring him home

you missed a very good 90 minute set. they had the place cranked.

Oh, and I had a Pat Kaleta sighting at the show. he walked right in front of my son and I.

Edited by weave

So I'm at an outdoor festival gig last night on a series of soccer pitches — it's flat, no seats, no stands.

Weather's hot and sunny, about 12,000 people having fun, relatively mellow by rock show standards.

My wife and I are standing maybe six rows back from the stage waiting for the headliner. Crowd is pretty tight, but nobody's moving yet.

I'm shoulder-to-shoulder with a big dude — maybe 6'6", athletic, not with anyone.

He's drunk, but not overly obnoxious. We talk a bit, not much and I kinda forget about him.

A while later I notice he's gone down on one knee.

Me and the guy on the other side look at him, then at each other, our jaws drop — he's quietly taking a piss.

I nudge my wife, and others start to notice.

Girl in front of him — literally less than a foot away — turns, shrieks "ohmigod!" and pushes forward.

Her boyfriend looks like he's ready to pop the guy one, checks out how big he is, then decides to join his girl.

Crowd opens a small hole around him. he finishes, zips, then calmly stands up like nothing happened.

On with the show.

Maybe I lead a sheltered life, but I've never seen anything like it.

So I'm at an outdoor festival gig last night on a series of soccer pitches — it's flat, no seats, no stands.

Weather's hot and sunny, about 12,000 people having fun, relatively mellow by rock show standards.

My wife and I are standing maybe six rows back from the stage waiting for the headliner. Crowd is pretty tight, but nobody's moving yet.

I'm shoulder-to-shoulder with a big dude — maybe 6'6", athletic, not with anyone.

He's drunk, but not overly obnoxious. We talk a bit, not much and I kinda forget about him.

A while later I notice he's gone down on one knee.

Me and the guy on the other side look at him, then at each other, our jaws drop — he's quietly taking a piss.

I nudge my wife, and others start to notice.

Girl in front of him — literally less than a foot away — turns, shrieks "ohmigod!" and pushes forward.

Her boyfriend looks like he's ready to pop the guy one, checks out how big he is, then decides to join his girl.

Crowd opens a small hole around him. he finishes, zips, then calmly stands up like nothing happened.

On with the show.

Maybe I lead a sheltered life, but I've never seen anything like it.

Can't let having to take a piss mess with being 6th row from the stage just before the headliner is about to come on.

I've never seen it but heard of folks who have. A good freinds wife got pissed on during a Def Lepard concert on the lawn at Darien Lake awhile back.

That's rude as ######. Use a ###### portapotty in deference to all the sandal wearers in the crowd. Of course it would be rather helpful if the venues actually rented enough potties for the size of the crowds. That tends to be a problem at most venues with resonable beer prices.

Springsteen at Wrigley is off the agenda. Dammit, kinda. I was in the pit last time in Buffalo, and I was there (close down but no pit) the very last time Clemons played with the band, so ok. Third-tier seats at Wrigley still would have been "I saw Springsteen at Wrigley," though.

I hope I can see "The Carburetors" this year. (I would be suprised if anyone knows them haha) ... The other bands I like aren't touring in Germany soon.... So not much going on this year

They were posted (perhaps by you) on this or another thread within the last week or two.