Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

amazing man. 78 years old, poet/musician . Thing is he not a old guy trying to be young. He is just himself, his appeal not to just the older generation , but to young and old alike. Looking much forward to this, never thought the opportunity with come again.

He's a genius.

I saw Uncle Ted last Summer. He still puts on a high energy set and can melt a guitar even today but be prepared to be offended if your politics aren't in line with his. His shows resemble Tea Party revivals between songs. Wear a thick skin and chalk it up as the kind of entertainment like your old uncle Tony provides at holiday dinners and you'll have a blast.

And if he tells you to assassinate someone, you don't actually have to.

My kid is complaining that he wants to see Shinedown later this Summer.

Shinedown reminds me a lot of Godsmack, whose earlier stuff I like a lot: The bands sound very similar and pretty much each song sounds like every other one.

I saw Uncle Ted last Summer. He still puts on a high energy set and can melt a guitar even today but be prepared to be offended if your politics aren't in line with his. His shows resemble Tea Party revivals between songs. Wear a thick skin and chalk it up as the kind of entertainment like your old uncle Tony provides at holiday dinners and you'll have a blast.

I've never seen him and am looking forward to Stranglehold live and in the flesh. As for his politics, we do not see eye-to-eye but I know going in what to expect.

In the words of the great philosopher David Lee Roth circa 1982, "Van Halen is about parties, fun, and girls. Some bands try to send messages with their songs and with their shows. If you want to send a message, just use Western Union." In other words, "Ted, just shut up and play."

semi-off topic, but for those of you who have an iphone (and maybe android ... not sure if this app has a google-compatible version), pick up songkick from the app store. it scans the music on your phone, and tells you who's coming to your neck of the woods. absolutely indispensible app for concert enthusiasts.

as for my list:

rush--day after thanksgiving at the MGM grand in vegas (that is a *big* "HELL YES!")

ane brun, may 19

primus, june 19

grace potter and the nocturnals, july 30.

norah jones, august 21.

metric, october 5

any concert playing here.

my brother says that the tragically hip will probably play in denver this year. if they do, we're taking a road trip.

Cool topic, I like weave have teenagers(15 yr old daughter, 13 yr old son) that want to experience the concert scene truth be told my 10 year old is more of a rocker like his dad then his older siblings since he already has a lot of the music on his Ipod that I listen too.

I am considering breaking them in with a starter like 8/14, Def Leppard and Poison and/or maybe 9/2 Kiss and Motley Crue at Post Gazette pavillion. Have to see how the summer goes.

I have been attending less big venue shows recently, probably because I did that alot when I was a bit younger but heres my list

Just saw The Trews (great Canadian band who are from out east but made it big in Niagara) last week in a bar in St. Catharines, also going to catch them in August at a free show in Port Colborne.

I have heard that the next day in Port Colborne its supposed to be the Canadian band The Tea Party, which is a show I haven't seen in Years, but saw MANY times in small bars here in Niagara.

Also about a month or so ago I saw Matt Good at the Rapids theatre (great venue in NF NY, first time there was for the STP show which was amazing)

My Fiance wants me to come with her to see Jim Cuddy (of Blue Rodeo) playing 2 weeks from now about 5 minutes from our house. (I might miss it cause I have a hockey game that night, I bought her tickets to see him in Hamilton earlier this year for Christmas and had her go with her friend cause I also had hockey that night). If they play this summer again in Toronto, i will probably get tickets for us to see Blue Rodeo again too.

I am taking my mom to Toronto so she can see her first big concert, and one that she can die happy after seeing. My Brother and Sister and I bought her floor tickets to see Neil Diamond at the ACC in June, that will probably be my big ticket concert this year.

I have tickets to see The Tragically hip (it will be my first hip show) in Niagara-On-The-Lake the day before Canada Day (Can't be truly Canadian if you haven't seen the Hip on our around Canada Day)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Still waiting to hear about a lineup for the Friendship festival, might attend that show if its a good lineup

Cool topic, I like weave have teenagers(15 yr old daughter, 13 yr old son) that want to experience the concert scene truth be told my 10 year old is more of a rocker like his dad then his older siblings since he already has a lot of the music on his Ipod that I listen too.

I am considering breaking them in with a starter like 8/14, Def Leppard and Poison and/or maybe 9/2 Kiss and Motley Crue at Post Gazette pavillion. Have to see how the summer goes.

Don't be bashful about going to see a concert *they* want to see. I had a great time at the Uprorar Festival last summer. It wasn't music that I would ever hear coming and say "hey, I want to go". But I went because my kid wanted to go and I had a great time.

I have tickets to see The Tragically hip (it will be my first hip show) in Niagara-On-The-Lake the day before Canada Day (Can't be truly Canadian if you haven't seen the Hip on our around Canada Day)

nice! my first two hip shows were back-to-back nights in vegas and phoenix. two completely disparate, polar opposite shows. in vegas, gord downie looked and acted like he was on an acid trip. in phoenix, he was as mellow as a summer breeze off a still ocean. it was amazing. let us know which version of gord you get!

nice! my first two hip shows were back-to-back nights in vegas and phoenix. two completely disparate, polar opposite shows. in vegas, gord downie looked and acted like he was on an acid trip. in phoenix, he was as mellow as a summer breeze off a still ocean. it was amazing. let us know which version of gord you get!

Will do

Should be an interesting show, its at the Barracks, part of the old fort for the war of 1812 BiCentenial celebrations. NOTL is putting it on and they are not exactly a young party town so they have strict rules for shutting down at 10, and parking is supposed to be outside the city in farmers fields with buses from what i have heard. The Hip are one of the few bands left that I haven't seen but want to (along with Zeppelin and the original lineup of the Smashing Pumpkins)

If the Hip roll through Buffalo again this year (which I beleive they will) I'm going to go see them. I'm a little lacking in my knowledge of them, but I heard that concert at the Wharf was amazing last year, so I don't want to miss it again.

Indeed it was, best time I had all summer.

post-516-0-85009300-1336241826_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdexchange

I'll be at the Avett Brothers show at Red Rocks in CO. this summer and also My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks in July. Chris_in_UT if the Hip come to Denver, I'll be there too. I've seen them 5 or 6 times in Colorado (and 3 more times in Buffalo area) and they always put on a great show.

Hittin up Blink 182 at blue cross this coming tuesday, other than that not much planned as of yet, I'm more of a spur of the moment concert guy myself unless its someone i've wanted to see for a while.

Definitely a rock n Roll enthusiast at heart but i picked up a mixing table for my laptop about a year ago and have really started getting into the electronic / house scene as well, so i wouldn't mind seeing some shows like that.

Yeah, by sister was supposed to go to that Blink concert, one of them had emergency tonsilectomy or something, haha.

Lineup for the Lockport canal series was announced

LINEUP

June 29, Gov't Mule (with the Sheepdogs opening)

July 6, Eddie Money

July 13, Rik Emmett

July 20, Big Wreck

July 27, Theory of a Deadman

Aug. 3, 54-40

Aug. 10, George Thorogood & the Destroyers

Aug. 17, Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Aug. 24, Tea Party

Definetly going to Gov't Mule, and a couple others if I can make it up there. I'll be gone for George Thorogood though. :wallbash:

Edited by sabills

Yeah, by sister was supposed to go to that Blink concert, one of them had emergency tonsilectomy or something, haha.

LINEUP

July 6, Eddie Money

July 13, Rik Emmett

July 20, Big Wreck

Aug. 3, 54-40

Aug. 24, Tea Party

Definetly going to Gov't Mule, and a couple others if I can make it up there. I'll be gone for George Thorogood though. :wallbash:

Damn. That is a great lineup. And now I have a big decision to make, Gov't Mule or Grace Potter on June 29.

And Kenny Wayne Shepard is a must see.

Damn. That is a great lineup. And now I have a big decision to make, Gov't Mule or Grace Potter on June 29.

And Kenny Wayne Shepard is a must see.

######, those are both the same day? well i've got no idea now. maybe Mule will come to the harbor this summer too and i won't have to think about it, lol

######, those are both the same day? well i've got no idea now. maybe Mule will come to the harbor this summer too and i won't have to think about it, lol

Yep. And I am now seriously torn about which one to see. Pisses me off that two great bands are booked on the same night at venues on opposite ends of the area.

LINEUP

July 6, Eddie Money

July 13, Rik Emmett

July 20, Big Wreck

Aug. 3, 54-40

Aug. 24, Tea Party

Damn, 54-40 on my birthday no less! I'd love to make a trip back home to catch that show but the year is already booked to the max as far as vacation time goes.