Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

6 hours ago, TheAud said:

Moving to Denver last year has been such a blessing for my concert-going opportunities. 

So far this year I've seen Billy Strings and Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. At ages 30 and 24, it's just amazing what guitar virtuosos they are, as well as band leaders and singers. 

Got great seats at Red Rocks for Tedeschi Trucks Band (2 nights) in July and Gov't Mule doing "Dark Side of the Mule" (with Jason Bonham's Led Zep Experience opening) in August. 

Red Rocks calendar is the *****. I'd be broke if I lived in Denver.    

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TheAud said:

This is looking out my front door just now…Red Rocks Amphitheater tempting me to spend money daily

9D24BC47-C263-43F4-BC38-6D7EB13305F7.jpeg

That's awesome.  It's a special place!  Saw Phish and Blues Traveler there back in the 90s while attending CU.  Returning in November this year for Anjunadeep Open Air, a little worried about the weather.  MMJ is very tempting / bucket list as well.

12 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

That's awesome.  It's a special place!  Saw Phish and Blues Traveler there back in the 90s while attending CU.  Returning in November this year for Anjunadeep Open Air, a little worried about the weather.  MMJ is very tempting / bucket list as well.

Yeah, good luck in November! Some interesting pictures this past year of folks making snowmen during a concert (I can't recall which one) in November. 

I've only made it to Boulder twice so far...both times for concerts at the Fox Theater!

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to attend a Phish show.  At 44 I'm just now starting to listen to their music (the live stuff) and I'm digging it.  Apparently the bassist Mike Gordon is coming to Buffalo.   Might check it out. 

Edited by Indabuff

2 hours ago, TheAud said:

This is looking out my front door just now…Red Rocks Amphitheater tempting me to spend money daily

9D24BC47-C263-43F4-BC38-6D7EB13305F7.jpeg

Curious.  My wife wants to attend a concert there.  She struggles with a lot of steps. Is getting in and out a big deal?   Between thin air and arthritis in her right foot I am leery on taking her. 

Edited by Pimlach

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Curious.  My wife wants to attend a concert there.  She struggles with a lot of steps. Is getting in and out a big deal?   Between thin air and arthritis in her right foot I and leery on taking her. 

Sent you a message on this

• Thanks (+1) 1

Bought tickets to the Cure in Tampa.  The well-documented and ongoing Robert Smith vs. Ticketmaster brawl has been entertaining.  

Glad they refused to do dynamic pricing, Depeche Mode (good) seats currently in the low to mid four digits, which is a crime.  Gonna wait on those to see if they drop.  Not holding my breath.  

2 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Bought tickets to the Cure in Tampa.  The well-documented and ongoing Robert Smith vs. Ticketmaster brawl has been entertaining.  

Glad they refused to do dynamic pricing, Depeche Mode (good) seats currently in the low to mid four digits, which is a crime.  Gonna wait on those to see if they drop.  Not holding my breath.  

I like Depeche mode but their tickets are insane! they're like the most expensive one out there save maybe taylor swift.  

Peter Gabriel's playing at the hockey arena (in Buffalo).

Hmm. I'm ambivalent.

I worshipped the guy when I was a younger man. I know his material - excepting the material from OVO - backwards and front.

But I'm not sure about going to see him at this stage of his career where he will be featuring an album I may not listen to a whole lot.

1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Samantha Fish (blues guitarist)

Get the Led Out (very fun and talented Zeppelin tribute band)

Social Distortion (maybe)

I’ve been waiting for Samantha Fish to show up in the Buffalo/Rochester area.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Peter Gabriel's playing at the hockey arena (in Buffalo).

Hmm. I'm ambivalent.

I worshipped the guy when I was a younger man. I know his material - excepting the material from OVO - backwards and front.

But I'm not sure about going to see him at this stage of his career where he will be featuring an album I may not listen to a whole lot.

I'm going... simply because I've never had the chance to do so before. I've listened to some of the new songs and I like them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I'm going... simply because I've never had the chance to do so before. I've listened to some of the new songs and I like them. 

He’s a gifted and imaginative performer. I was too young for the ball gown dresses and fox heads from the Genesis days. His show at UB’s Alumni Arena in the mid/late 80s (So tour) was transcendental.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...