Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ever buy a ticket and forget you did?  I bought tickets for They Might Be Giants in Portsmouth, NH for their 40th anniversary of the album Flood tour. Show was cancelled last year, rescheduled for tonight.  If I didn't get an email from the venue I would have totally spaced it.

Good thing they had your e-mail.

Could see where that could be a fun show.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Good thing they had your e-mail.

Could see where that could be a fun show.

Just got home. Great show. Played for 2.5 hrs.  Did all of Flood with other deep cuts mixed in. Very casual show, lots of crowd banter. Actually sang and played a song backwards, taped it, then during intermission played that video in reverse to prove they really played a song backwards.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just got home. Great show. Played for 2.5 hrs.  Did all of Flood with other deep cuts mixed in. Very casual show, lots of crowd banter. Actually sang and played a song backwards, taped it, then during intermission played that video in reverse to prove they really played a song backwards.

These are the kinds of things that make that band so awesome. I saw them once, in Buffalo, back in like 1994. They were amazing.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss on Tuesday.

Just saw them at Red Rocks this past Thursday. Very enjoyable show.  Some dancing but more of a musical adventure than pop concert. 

They did a version of When the Levee Breaks that I can only describe as prog rock bluegrass style. 

• Like (+1) 1

This week it's Elton John in Syracuse with my super fan 23-year-old kid. Bought tickets more than a year ago, moved since then, so now I have to fly back to go to the show.  He is actually wearing an Elton John inspired outfit that he made, so it should be fun to see people's reactions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trip back to NY State next weekend for Goo Goo Dolls in Buffalo Saturday night and The Killers at Turning Stone on Monday night.  By far, the smallest venue on The Killers' tour.  Getting excited, love going back home and I've had these tickets forever, it seems like.

Saw Meshuggah last night.

Holy *****!

They are just different, and definitely better, live. It may have been the most immersive show I have ever been to.

It’s pretty amazing, in this day and age, for there to be no screens. It was all lights and backdrops. No moving images except the band (and they barely move.) Absolutely wonderful.

I cannot recommend seeing them enough.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Haven't been to Shea's in about 25 years but am going to see a concert there this weekend.  Anybody have any thoughts on where to park?  (In a worst case will just park in our normal lot for Sabres games & take the "subway" up.)

Lot behind Shea’s

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/6/2022 at 5:18 PM, spndnchz said:

Lot behind Shea’s

Was planning on going there but came across a lot on Main St ~ 1-1/2 blocks from Shea's that was $5.  Real easy out and after the show 1 turn later we were back on the Kensington.

Great show.  He played for over 2 hours with a 20 minute intermission & a 3 song encode.  Played at least 1 song off all the albums pre-Dark Side of the Moon (except Umma Gumma) & at least 5  early singles that didn't end up on any studio albums.  Opened with One of These Days.  Closed the 2nd set with Echoes.  And the final encore song was Bike.

Edited by Taro T

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Great show.  He played for over 2 hours with a 20 minute intermission & a 3 song encode.  Played at least 1 song off all the albums pre-Dark Side of the Moon & at least 5 early singles that didn't end up on any studio albums.  Opened with One of These Days.  Closed the 2nd set with Echoes.  And the final encore song was Bike.

This was an incredible show.  I don’t listen to much Floyd and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

This was an incredible show.  I don’t listen to much Floyd and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Have more Floyd than they realize they released.  😉

Was really glad to have gone.  He played more stuff than expected & played pretty much everything expected.  (Though thought he might play a song or 2 from his solo stuff and was pleasantly surprised he didn't.  His solo material was the weakest of the 5 IMHO (though his was better than the worst of Syd's but not as good as the near handful of good tracks Syd put out solo.  Also thought he might've played Cyballine rather than The Nile Song.  Had hoped for Wots ... Uh, the Deal but with him already playing 4 tracks off Obscurred By Clouds it wasn't in the cards.  Would've been 1/2 that album. 3 tracks off Meddle, 3 off A Saucerful of Secrets, 3 off Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and a couple from Atom, Heart, Mother.  LOTS of good early stuff.) 

And was telling my son about how Floyd opened with Echoes the very 1st time I saw them & it was incredible, so was pumped that he could (almost) experience it.  The other musicians were very good, but Gilmour & Wright are on a separate plane & are pretty much impossible to duplicate.

Was also impressed with how much Nick talked to the crowd.  He really seemed to be having fun.  And it was really cool to focus on him throughout the show.  His economy of movement is amazing.  Which explains how a 78 year old drummer can play for more than 2 hours over 2-1/2 hours.

Had ALMOST the same seats from having seen Gilmour in Shea's back in '84 & had awesome seats back then.  Was about 2 seats closer to center stage this time.  We had some early 20's near us who got fully into the spirit of the show.  They looked like extras out of Sargeant Pepper's.

Had forgotten just how good Atom Heart Mother is though it was very strange hearing it without the orchestral backup on it.

Great show.  Too bad there were so many empty seats.  A lot more people could've heard a great show.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/10/2022 at 9:15 PM, Taro T said:

Have more Floyd than they realize they released.  😉

Was really glad to have gone.  He played more stuff than expected & played pretty much everything expected.  (Though thought he might play a song or 2 from his solo stuff and was pleasantly surprised he didn't.  His solo material was the weakest of the 5 IMHO (though his was better than the worst of Syd's but not as good as the near handful of good tracks Syd put out solo.  Also thought he might've played Cyballine rather than The Nile Song.  Had hoped for Wots ... Uh, the Deal but with him already playing 4 tracks off Obscurred By Clouds it wasn't in the cards.  Would've been 1/2 that album. 3 tracks off Meddle, 3 off A Saucerful of Secrets, 3 off Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and a couple from Atom, Heart, Mother.  LOTS of good early stuff.) 

And was telling my son about how Floyd opened with Echoes the very 1st time I saw them & it was incredible, so was pumped that he could (almost) experience it.  The other musicians were very good, but Gilmour & Wright are on a separate plane & are pretty much impossible to duplicate.

Was also impressed with how much Nick talked to the crowd.  He really seemed to be having fun.  And it was really cool to focus on him throughout the show.  His economy of movement is amazing.  Which explains how a 78 year old drummer can play for more than 2 hours over 2-1/2 hours.

Had ALMOST the same seats from having seen Gilmour in Shea's back in '84 & had awesome seats back then.  Was about 2 seats closer to center stage this time.  We had some early 20's near us who got fully into the spirit of the show.  They looked like extras out of Sargeant Pepper's.

Had forgotten just how good Atom Heart Mother is though it was very strange hearing it without the orchestral backup on it.

Great show.  Too bad there were so many empty seats.  A lot more people could've heard a great show.

I was surprised with the number of open seats too and people definitely missed out if they weren’t there. I’m so glad I went and had a chance to experience it as it was intended to be experienced 🤩🤩

• Awesome! (+1) 1