Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Not sure yet, but since CMAC sucks I can't attend any in my hometown. They get the worst lineup every summer, and for such a beautiful place it's really embarrassing and upsetting, especially with all the new hotels, breweries and restaurants we have down near the lake now.

13 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

Not sure yet, but since CMAC sucks I can't attend any in my hometown. They get the worst lineup every summer, and for such a beautiful place it's really embarrassing and upsetting, especially with all the new hotels, breweries and restaurants we have down near the lake now.

I just looked at the Cmac summer lineup and, yep, that lineup sucks ass!

• 2 weeks later...

March 10th, The Brothers at MSG in NYC. 

One time tribute to the Allman Brothers Band with the remaining members. In terms of the 2 original memebers, Jaimoe will be there but not Dickey Betts as he declined to attend.  One announced guest is Chuck Leavell who was a full-time member in the 70's (Rolling Stones and other since then).  

I'm expecting some unannounced guests to pick up some of the singing as well since Gregg passed and I don't think Warren will do it all. 

Basically if Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, and Oteil Burbridge get on stage together to crank out ABB tunes, I'm there. 

I will most likely see nothing, amazingly I'm not a huge concert person, occasionally I stumble on something (2 years ago in Pittsburgh stumbled in to a free bastille concert). 

I'd rather just be out of the US and happen to find something cool. I heard third eye blind in Norway from my Bnb. And I'm hoping to find an EDM festival abroad one day as well, but not on purpose lol 

16 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Buddy of mine at work won tickets from CFOX on a phone in trivia question yesterday.   To RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ! Live in Vancouver. Shite man I’m happy for him but only slightly envious. 

Really want to see Rage but the tix prices are higher than I'm willing to go.  I pretty much hit my limit with that Rammstein show so another big ticket show this Summer is out of the question.

I'd like to do the Megadeth show at DL this June but my son is out and I'm not going alone.  Lawn seats are pretty reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well...is this thread now "What concerts did you plan to attend but likely won't be attending as they are cancelled"?

Two concerts March and April here in Corning are postponed or likely cancelled.  Since January I've intentionally held off buying any other tickets in anticipation of such a large gathering ban occurring. My next major show is July 1st at CMAC, hoping very much things are clear by then and I can make my annual pilgrimage to see Tedeschi Trucks Band. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:03 AM, Weave said:

Word starting to circulate online is that Rammstein’s front man is in ICU with the COVID 19 virus.

Yep...I was already quite certain that none of us were making it to any of our summer concerts. Now I just want people to be ok.

• 1 month later...

For people starved for live music, my band is going to be part of an online music festival on Saturday. Stop by.

This is the link to our event page. We are playing at 7:30pm for a half an hour.
https://www.facebook.com/events/3184682018262991/

Here's a link to the entire event. Times are central.
https://www.facebook.com/events/298370014525149/

Still trying to find out if you can see it if you are not on Facebook, like myself.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Rammstein's summer tour is officially postponed. Looks like I won't be seeing them in Philadelphia in a couple months.

Yeah, I saw the notice today.  Time to call the airlines and hotel and see how much I am eating.  This sucks, but I wasn't comfortable with the idea anyway.

40 minutes ago, SwampD said:

For people starved for live music, my band is going to be part of an online music festival on Saturday. Stop by.

This is the link to our event page. We are playing at 7:30pm for a half an hour.
https://www.facebook.com/events/3184682018262991/

Here's a link to the entire event. Times are central.
https://www.facebook.com/events/298370014525149/

Still trying to find out if you can see it if you are not on Facebook, like myself.

I'm going to watch just to see if we make eye contact over the interwebs.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Yeah, I saw the notice today.  Time to call the airlines and hotel and see how much I am eating.  This sucks, but I wasn't comfortable with the idea anyway.

Don't you just love how Ticketmaster or the venues or whoever are just ”postponing" it. Won't see a refund for a year.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm going to watch just to see if we make eye contact over the interwebs.

You better throw me your virtual panties.