Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

On 8/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Zamboni said:

Going to Thievery Corporation at Artpark tomorrow. Saw them a few months ago in Toronto. Very tight. 

How was the concert?  Wanted to go but had to work.  It was raining like a mofo in Lewiston that night.

3 hours ago, Indabuff said:

How was the concert?  Wanted to go but had to work.  It was raining like a mofo in Lewiston that night.

It rained like crazy! The concert was delayed until 8:45 (supposed to open the gates at 6:30) at which the opening act played, while it rained. The wife and I stayed in my truck until 9:00ish when the rain was almost over. We walked in, and as we approached our section, Thievery Corporation started up. They played until 10:15. Hard stop. No encore. Because concerts are supposed to be over by 10:00, but Artpark was allowed to extend it to 10:15.

Disappointing night due to the rain. Even though TC played tight and sounded amazing.

i saw them a few months back in Toronto and they played for 85-90 mins. That .... was a great show.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:04 AM, SwampD said:

Man, I can’t make this and I’m not happy about it.  En route to VA for a business trip and won’t be back in town in time for the show.

And my dog is on his last legs and may not make it until I get home.  Really not happy to leave my wife with that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Man, I can’t make this and I’m not happy about it.  En route to VA for a business trip and won’t be back in town in time for the show.

And my dog is on his last legs and may not make it until I get home.  Really not happy to leave my wife with that.

All good. We are hopefully going to play in Rochester sometime soon.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Saw Hall & Oats last night at CMAC.  Cool venue. Great musicians.  

I saw a show at CMAC right after the renovation was complete. Had to be about 2007. It was the nicest outdoor venue I've ever been to. The new Lakeview at the state fairgrounds is also really nice. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Somehow I never pictured you as a H & O man.

Glad you liked the show, but they must be like 75 years old.  Do they still have the big hair and that supper cheezy mustache on the one guy?

4 hours ago, inkman said:

That would be a band worth seeing. They cranked out hits, but those guys were also serious musicians and songwriters. In fact, Hall messed around quite a bit with experimental musicians like Robert Fripp, Brian Eno, etc.

CMAC is a lovely venue. I've seen a couple of my favourite acts there over the years, on several occasions. I often find the crowd to be a bit *meh*, as a whole. Not a huge complaint, admittedly.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That would be a band worth seeing. They cranked out hits, but those guys were also serious musicians and songwriters. In fact, Hall messed around quite a bit with experimental musicians like Robert Fripp, Brian Eno, etc.

CMAC is a lovely venue. I've seen a couple of my favourite acts there over the years, on several occasions. I often find the crowd to be a bit *meh*, as a whole. Not a huge complaint, admittedly.

The crowd around my seat sat for 90%, I was like, I can't go for that, no can do. 

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

The crowd around my seat sat for 90%, I was like, I can't go for that, no can do. 

My section at the Metallica show sat.  F that. It’s Metallica.  I’m standing and if you’re behind me you’re going to have to stand too.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’ve been on the fence about whether or not I should keep my mouth shut...I’m not very good at that so.....***** it....

I worked in the gang that erected the steel at CMAC. The company that had the project is no longer in business so I’m not hurting anyone here.

That was a giant butcher job from day 1. The arch trusses didn’t fit. Too short...The erection foreman unilaterally decided to cut some of the upright members so the truss would sag and stretch wider to reach the tie in points. Big no no!! They also tried to panelize the bar joist and roof decking(building large sections on the ground on a jig) but ***** it all up...again a hair brained plan was hatched to un***** things. It was a disaster that grew bigger by the day. I flat out refused to be a part of the shenanigans, called my elected representative to get me the hell out of there. I’m not sure if the inspector ever caught all the hidden butchery so I have never stepped foot under that roof.....EVER!!!! 

Y’all are pretty safe in there I’m sure though..

?

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve been on the fence about whether or not I should keep my mouth shut...I’m not very good at that so.....***** it....

I worked in the gang that erected the steel at CMAC. The company that had the project is no longer in business so I’m not hurting anyone here.

That was a giant butcher job from day 1. The arch trusses didn’t fit. Too short...The erection foreman unilaterally decided to cut some of the upright members so the truss would sag and stretch wider to reach the tie in points. Big no no!! They also tried to panelize the bar joist and roof decking(building large sections on the ground on a jig) but ***** it all up...again a hair brained plan was hatched to un***** things. It was a disaster that grew bigger by the day. I flat out refused to be a part of the shenanigans, called my elected representative to get me the hell out of there. I’m not sure if the inspector ever caught all the hidden butchery so I have never stepped foot under that roof.....EVER!!!! 

?

That's ok, the crowd under the roof always sucks. As discussed above...who sits at a rock show? ?

6 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Somehow I never pictured you as a H & O man.

Glad you liked the show, but they must be like 75 years old.  Do they still have the big hair and that supper cheezy mustache on the one guy?

Truth be told, I got the tickets as a present for my wife on mother's day. I certainly like them but they aren't my first choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ogre said:

?

I've only been there twice, 19 years ago for the Poison, Cinderella, Dokken and Slaughter show (which was amazing) and then a few years ago for Shinedown, Papa Roach and In This Moment. Was under the roof both times. Glad I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I woulda been staring up the whole time.

Also, I giggled when I read "erection foreman". Maybe I'll grow up one day.

13 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I've only been there twice, 19 years ago for the Poison, Cinderella, Dokken and Slaughter show (which was amazing) and then a few years ago for Shinedown, Papa Roach and In This Moment. Was under the roof both times. Glad I wasn't aware of this, otherwise I woulda been staring up the whole time.

Also, I giggled when I read "erection foreman". Maybe I'll grow up one day.

I'm closer to 50 than 40... I'm still waiting for the day I grow up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1