Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

3 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Best pits are still the old thrash metal bands as everyone is there to have a good time bashing into each other and pick each other off the ground after getting knocked down. The worst pit I saw was when Sick of it All opened for Slayer years ago, nothing but punches, elbows and kicks in the pit.

And THAT type of pit was not like that in the late 80’s early to mid 90’s when I saw Sick of it All headline shows about 8 times in those years. Playing to 100-300 kids/young adults. Very intimate. Very cool. Back when you can get on stage and stage dive (no jar neck security) into a cool group of fans after screaming lyrics into a mic that Lou stuck in your face for 3-4 seconds.

Like this one of many ...

hsf1989156.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Funny how the brain works. DuVall has been with Alice in Chains for 13 years and everyone I know still calls him "the new guy." I've seen them a couple times. It's always a good show.

Going to see Hootie at SPAC in a few weeks. Can't wait, have a big group of friends from high school going. It's gonna be a blast.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And THAT type of pit was not like that in the late 80’s early to mid 90’s when I saw Sick of it All headline shows about 8 times in those years. Playing to 100-300 kids/young adults. Very intimate. Very cool. Back when you can get on stage and stage dive (no jar neck security) into a cool group of fans after screaming lyrics into a mic that Lou stuck in your face for 3-4 seconds.

Like this one of many ...

hsf1989156.jpg

I saw them in the early 90’s in Buffalo and you’re right, the pits were better then.

Didn’t the singer of Zero Tolerance get arrested for murder (or accused of it?)

1 hour ago, Mike Oxhurtz said:

I saw them in the early 90’s in Buffalo and you’re right, the pits were better then.

Didn’t the singer of Zero Tolerance get arrested for murder (or accused of it?)

I vaguely remember something like that but I believe it was the guitarist that was accused. 

The ZT singer Mark, turned into a Hare Krishna then I think I heard he had a mental breakdown of some sort. So many years ago, It’s all sorta grey haha.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, Weave said:

This Saturday my son and I will be at ArtPark to see The Headstones.  Canadian Punk/Grunge for you heathens unaware of 97.7 FM.  They might be my favorite live band,  We see them every time they swing around to Buffalo/Niagara Falls.  They put on a straight up rock your ass off show without all of the expensive toys.

Headstones at Artpark last night.  Went with my son.  We tailgated in the parking lot beforehand.  That was a new and enjoyable experience, tailgating with my legal drinking age son for the first time.  We hung out and had a few beers before the show.

It was an all Canadian band lineup.  And very diverse in style.  2 of the members of Barenaked Ladies opened.  Fun, funny set. Some social commentary. The played a mix of BNL stuff and some other stuff that I think was from outside the band.   Steven Page has a hell of a sense of humor.  Lowest of the Low brought a laid back reegae style.  The Trews came out and put on a solid, high tempo set of their radio hits. 

And then The Headstones came on and burned the place down.  It was a thrash punk heavy set, not their usual greatest hits playlist.  They put out an audio onslaught of their grittiest, thrashiest stuff.  75 minutes of mayhem.

Today I can't hear, I'm sleep deprived, and my back is killing me.  Can't wait to do it again.

Just not today.  Or this week.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

Headstones at Artpark last night.  Went with my son.  We tailgated in the parking lot beforehand.  That was a new and enjoyable experience, tailgating with my legal drinking age son for the first time.  We hung out and had a few beers before the show.

It was an all Canadian band lineup.  And very diverse in style.  2 of the members of Barenaked Ladies opened.  Fun, funny set. Some social commentary. The played a mix of BNL stuff and some other stuff that I think was from outside the band.   Steven Page has a hell of a sense of humor.  Lowest of the Low brought a laid back reegae style.  The Trews came out and put on a solid, high tempo set of their radio hits. 

And then The Headstones came on and burned the place down.  It was a thrash punk heavy set, not their usual greatest hits playlist.  They put out an audio onslaught of their grittiest, thrashiest stuff.  75 minutes of mayhem.

Today I can't hear, I'm sleep deprived, and my back is killing me.  Can't wait to do it again.

Great review.

10 hours ago, Weave said:

Cheers. BNL, the Low and the Headstones were the soundtrack of my mid 20s. Such huge bands in Buffalo at the time.

Went down to the cemetery..looking for love...

52 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Cheers. BNL, the Low and the Headstones were the soundtrack of my mid 20s. Such huge bands in Buffalo at the time.

Went down to the cemetery..looking for love...

He gets it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, Weave said:

I missed out on last nights show, but my son scored tix to Chevelle and Breaking Benjamin tomorrow evening.  I'm rather meh about Breaking Benjamin, but I'm looking forward to seeing Chevelle.

Chevelle had a damned good set.  The crowd was smaller than I expected, but plenty enthusiastic.  

We’re home before Breaking Benjamin finished.  Funny.  Now that my sons work schedule has him up at 5am, seeing the encore doesn’t have the importance it used to.

Had a great time with the boy.  We enjoy doing these.

12 hours ago, Weave said:

Chevelle had a damned good set.  The crowd was smaller than I expected, but plenty enthusiastic.  

We’re home before Breaking Benjamin finished.  Funny.  Now that my sons work schedule has him up at 5am, seeing the encore doesn’t have the importance it used to.

Had a great time with the boy.  We enjoy doing these.

Nice. My friend didn't end up going and I'm not a fan of either really so I skipped that one.

i gotta say though, the concert on Friday with Alice in Chains and Korn was seriously a good time. I was really surprised/impressed. Korn has a couple new songs that are actually pretty heavy, which was fun. 

The wolves howled. My shorts didn't disintegrate. I was handed too many beers. I got to be with my best friend and watch her husband dance like an idiot. All in all a great time.

I'm looking forward to Knotfest. Just wish it wasn't a Sunday night. Monday's gonna hurt... getting bathed in vape/cigarette smoke for hours never leaves my head feeling good. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 10.27.37 AM.png

I saw barenaked ladies and Hootie and the Blowfish at SPAC last night. Awesome show. And as an aside, I've never in my life seen so many people at SPAC. And I've seen the likes of Aerosmith, Tom Petty, and DMB there. The lawn was shoulder to shoulder back past the beer garden and back into the old beer garden. It was madness.

8 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I saw barenaked ladies and Hootie and the Blowfish at SPAC last night. Awesome show. And as an aside, I've never in my life seen so many people at SPAC. And I've seen the likes of Aerosmith, Tom Petty, and DMB there. The lawn was shoulder to shoulder back past the beer garden and back into the old beer garden. It was madness.

I didn’t know the Ladies we’re back together or touring.  Interesting.