Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was way up front for Godsmack and Shinedown tonight at Darien Lake.  We had pit tickets.  Spitting close.

Never been up that close for a big show.  Really makes these guys human to watch them perform up close.

Had a great time with my son.  I'm not sure my ears will ever be the same again.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Weave said:

Was way up front for Godsmack and Shinedown tonight at Darien Lake.  We had pit tickets.  Spitting close.

Never been up that close for a big show.  Really makes these guys human to watch them perform up close.

Had a great time with my son.  I'm not sure my ears will ever be the same again.

I remember the whole "if it's too loud you're too old" mantra of my youth being more metaphorical than physiological, at least in my mind. Much to my surprise I have learned that, no sh*t, when you get old the loudness becomes physically intolerable well below a level that was great at 21.

At a Lowest of the Low show this year in Ithaca I thought I might keel over with vertigo as the noise was literally throwing my balance off. 

Just pathetic. 

(awesome going to a show with your son though...I am enjoying some concerts with my college and HS age daughters this summer and it's the best)

Speaking of which, concerts at the New York State Fair are free with admission to the Fair that day. 

The line-up:

https://nysfair.ny.gov/venue/chevy-court/

So, I am going with my two college age daughters on 8/23, 4 days before school starts for them, to see Dave Mason & Steve Cropper at 2PM and Tedeschi Trucks Band at 8PM...for $3 admission. I told the girls they have to pay for my ticket this time ?

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I have 2 tickets to Slayer at Darien lake if anyone is interested? $20.00 for the pair, I have them via email.

I'll be at that show.  Dark and Josie have tix.  There should be a SS tailgate.....

10 hours ago, jsb said:

I have to admit that except for a couple of songs that thrash metal is just amplified noise but I could say that for all heavy metal. Not knocking it if you like it but...........

So, what concerts are you attending?

19 hours ago, Weave said:

I'll be at that show.  Dark and Josie have tix.  There should be a SS tailgate.....

I really wanted to go , the tickets were gifted to me but I'm going to my sisters cabin that weekend. I just got my tickets for 5 finger death punch and breakin benjamin though, I'm frigging stoked for that show. Anyone else going?

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I really wanted to go , the tickets were gifted to me but I'm going to my sisters cabin that weekend. I just got my tickets for 5 finger death punch and breakin benjamin though, I'm frigging stoked for that show. Anyone else going?

Possibly.  Might have a line on free tix up close.

13 hours ago, Weave said:

So, what concerts are you attending?

My last 2  Paul Simon, Chris Stapleton and Joe Ely coming up tomorrow. So obviously metal isn't on my agenda at this age. No knock intended and I hope I didn't sound that way but it never was my cup of tea. Hope you have fun at yours.

I'm seeing Crowbar at their "home" venue - basically just a big house - down here in New Orleans on Saturday. 20th anniversary of their Odd Fellows Rest album, so they'll play it in its entirety. Crowbar has been one of my favorite bands for a quarter of a decade.

20 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

David Crosby joining on stage with Jason Isbell to sing Ohio and Wooden Ships was all I needed - so good

I really thought Crosby was dead. Glad to hear he's not! 

Working on my wife to convince her we should go to Newport Folk next summer (or Tedeschi Trucks at Red Rocks where I have always wanted to see a show, which occurs at about the same time every year...)

Watched Counting Crows with Live a couple weeks ago, girlfriends choice. The show was pretty cool, lots of old songs brought me back in time. Seeing Panic at the Disco with my daughter's in a couple weeks, their choice. Anyone seen them? Thoughts?