2. 2. Does Weber...

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw
  3. 3. Does Regehr...

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

I called Tropp's fight a loss by Corey. He got the first two shots in, and they were good ones, but Belesky got the better of it at the end and looked to knock Tropp off balance with a solid right hook, and that is where the fight quickly went downhill for Tropp. I'll say this, Corey has looked good and aggressive in his fights. I think he is going to turn out to be a pretty darned good middle weight fighter. Maybe not quite Arron Asham class, but in that same vein.

Kudos to Weber for making sure it gets known that the crease is for Miller and Miller only. Lots of jersey grabbin' here. Not sure any punches landed. I'm calling this one a draw. Weber reminds me a bit of Lindy. He's willing to go with most anyone reasonable but damn if he hasn't won a fight yet. I hope he isn't getting pointers from his boss cuz he rarely won a fight in his career.

Regehr and Perry was all draw. Hardly anything thrown. Not much landed. Looked like maybe Perry got a rabbit punch in there but I'm not sure it landed.

Myers pulled Brookbank off of Kaleta and gave him a big ole bearhug. Brookbank wanted to go and managed to throw and land a couple punches. Myers seemed content to keep Brookbank in a bear hug or pinned along the boards and ride it out. Loss by Myers. He threw and missed one, maybe two punches. Brookbank landed at least two. Props to Tyler for finally standing up. He needed to do it. Now that he's seen it's not so bad maybe it won't take 3 years for the next one.

Chz, you need to add a poll choice for the Myers-Brookbank fight.

Man, they ain't easy anymore are they?

I don't even try on weeknights. 5:15 comes too damn early. I'm fine on Saturday tho.

I called Tropp's fight a loss by Corey. He got the first two shots in, and they were good ones, but Belesky got the better of it at the end and looked to knock Tropp off balance with a solid right hook, and that is where the fight quickly went downhill for Tropp. I'll say this, Corey has looked good and aggressive in his fights. I think he is going to turn out to be a pretty darned good middle weight fighter. Maybe not quite Arron Asham class, but in that same vein.

I think it took me longer to read this portion of your post than that fight actually lasted. I never quite get how you can assign a winner/loser to a "punch-punch-slip and fall" fight.

Why does the scoreboard say 2-1 in the Weber video?

my wife, her ever-increasing attention to hockey slowly climbing to a discernable level, asked the exact same question at the end of the game: "hey, why does it say 2-0? i thought it was 2-1?! i *swear* the scoreboard said that a few minutes ago."

good question. technical glitch, i suppose.

my wife, her ever-increasing attention to hockey slowly climbing to a discernable level, asked the exact same question at the end of the game: "hey, why does it say 2-0? i thought it was 2-1?! i *swear* the scoreboard said that a few minutes ago."

good question. technical glitch, i suppose.

I missed the game, so when I watched that video I thought it was from a previous game or something.

I think it took me longer to read this portion of your post than that fight actually lasted. I never quite get how you can assign a winner/loser to a "punch-punch-slip and fall" fight.

Looked to me like the punch caused Tropp to go down. That's a win in my book. It's not cut-and-dried so it's not like I feel strongly enough to argue for pages about it. Just an impression I get by what I see.

Looked to me like the punch caused Tropp to go down. That's a win in my book. It's not cut-and-dried so it's not like I feel strongly enough to argue for pages about it. Just an impression I get by what I see.

He was throwing a left while he went down. That whole thing was so fast and it's tough to tell exactly what caused what.

I was waiting for your take on he hit - what do you think?

I posted in the around the NHL thread that I thought it was an upper arm to the head. I'm inclined towards his head being targeted. It deserves a Shanny look at certainly.

THEN WHY ARE YOU ARGUING WITH ME!?!?!?!?

:P

WHY IS EVERYBODY YELLING!

Anyway, educate me as someone who did not watch this game (and this is a general question, not necessarily for you Weave). What sparked these fights, especially the stuff at the end? The Perry chops at Regehr's legs were obvious and also with guys looking for Kaleta, but what was going on earlier in the game?

Here's what I'd like to know.

In the bust-up at the end, about 57 seconds, the camera comes back from a closeup on Myers and Brookbank, to a wide-angle shot, to show Ryan suddenly knocked on his ass with Kaleta standing over him taunting.

Before the closeup, Kaleta and Ryan were completely tied up by the linesman.

I feel like I missed something special there by Kaleta due to some shoddy production by MSG. Anyone with a better idea of how Ryan got flattened?

I called the Tropp fight a draw, but after watching the replay a few times, I give the edge to Tropp. All four of his punches landed and I think his best shot was when he was on his way down. He landed a good one there.

The Sabres by trading away Gaustad and Kassian have invited the league to beat the crap out of them the remainder of the season. I thought it would get ugly and it happened in the first game after the trades. Regier has his work cut out in the summer to try and toughen this team up. I keep hearing that Foligno and McNabb are the answer, but it will take more than those two. Too many creampuffs on the roster.

Even if they make the playoffs (unlikely IMO) they are going to be pounded out in the 1st round. I take no joy in saying this either, but it's reality. A soft team got softer. In the longer term these trades may be beneficial, but right now I'm concerned for more beat downs.

So 4 players fighting on the Sabres and they need to toughen up? Which game were you watching? Sometimes it takes getting rid of the "tough guy" to make the other guys play tough. It's too easy to say someone else will do it.

When you add Foligno and McNabb to the lineup and when McCormick is back in the lineup you would have: Weber, Regehr, McCormick, Tropp, McNabb, Foligno, and Kaleta that can throw. Myers shows he's willing to get involved and Ehrhoff was in a few this year. How many people do you want fighting on the team?

I missed the beat downs last night. Can you queue them up for me?

The Sabres by trading away Gaustad and Kassian have invited the league to beat the crap out of them the remainder of the season. I thought it would get ugly and it happened in the first game after the trades. Regier has his work cut out in the summer to try and toughen this team up. I keep hearing that Foligno and McNabb are the answer, but it will take more than those two. Too many creampuffs on the roster. Even if they make the playoffs (unlikely IMO) they are going to be pounded out in the 1st round. I take no joy in saying this either, but it's reality. A soft team got softer. In the longer term these trades may be beneficial, but right now I'm concerned for more beat downs.

Nice hyperbole and exaggeration. Did you even watch the game last night? Weber again bobble headed Getzlaf. And Regher handled himself well and while the Tropp fight wasn't much more than a wrestling match, I thought the Sabres did well. Gaustad since he broke his wrist has been a shell of his former self and most teams know that. Losing Zach who didn't do much physically in the figthing department wasn't a great loss for this season and I personally I think the D is a lot tougher with a healthy Weber and Regher and even Myers was playing nasty last night.

Hogson while not a fighter actually thru is body around a bit and played physical too so how can you even begin to make those observations... I am usually in the frustrated Darcy crowd but physically, I think the Sabres held their own, no worse than before when Goose and Kassian were here.

Really this was @#$#@$@ post and pretty useless if you ask me. :wallbash:

Anyone catch Ray's comments about Myers fighting today on WGR? He mentioned that Myers junior team told him to chill on fighting because they wanted him on the ice and suggested the Sabres did the same early on. He also suggested that Tyler probably won't throw a punch this season because of his broken right hand earlier this year.

He also said that Lindy mentioned in an interview that he wants to see Myers assert himself more this way. That it is time he stepped up more.

Interesting comments I thought.

I called Tropp's fight a loss by Corey. He got the first two shots in, and they were good ones, but Belesky got the better of it at the end and looked to knock Tropp off balance with a solid right hook, and that is where the fight quickly went downhill for Tropp. I'll say this, Corey has looked good and aggressive in his fights. I think he is going to turn out to be a pretty darned good middle weight fighter. Maybe not quite Arron Asham class, but in that same vein. Kudos to Weber for making sure it gets known that the crease is for Miller and Miller only. Lots of jersey grabbin' here. Not sure any punches landed. I'm calling this one a draw. Weber reminds me a bit of Lindy. He's willing to go with most anyone reasonable but damn if he hasn't won a fight yet. I hope he isn't getting pointers from his boss cuz he rarely won a fight in his career. Regehr and Perry was all draw. Hardly anything thrown. Not much landed. Looked like maybe Perry got a rabbit punch in there but I'm not sure it landed. Myers pulled Brookbank off of Kaleta and gave him a big ole bearhug. Brookbank wanted to go and managed to throw and land a couple punches. Myers seemed content to keep Brookbank in a bear hug or pinned along the boards and ride it out. Loss by Myers. He threw and missed one, maybe two punches. Brookbank landed at least two. Props to Tyler for finally standing up. He needed to do it. Now that he's seen it's not so bad maybe it won't take 3 years for the next one. Chz, you need to add a poll choice for the Myers-Brookbank fight. I don't even try on weeknights. 5:15 comes too damn early. I'm fine on Saturday tho.

I disagree on the Weber fight with Getzlaf. First off after Getzlaf ran into Miller, Weber gave Getzlaf a nasty two hand cross check slash butt end that caught Getzlaf in the face... the reason for the fight. Weber got off two punches and Getzlaf did his best to tie Weber up as Weber tried to bobble head him which really didn't work and that was the fight...

On the Regehr fight the refs kept Robyn from killing Perry. Then as the refs were pulling Regehr away Perry that piece of crap tripped Regehr. Just IMO, but Perry got really lucky he didn't have to go to the hospital.

P.S. To call this a fight night despite there being multiple scrapes is pushing it. Fight night was with Schoeny, Korab and Carrier throwing down with the Bruins or Flyers. This was more a bunch of spoiled brats trying to do something different but didn't really know how to go about it.

Archived