2. 2. Does Weber...

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw
  3. 3. Does Regehr...

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Kaleta shoved him first after taking a 2 hand swing with his stick at the other guy. You don't want the league involved. Hopefully Lindy shuts his yap.

I'm glad they stuck up for each other though.

I used to think that you were unbiased in your criticism against Buff, but I've seen that play 100 times against Buff and the game just ended. You seem to be going out of your way to criticize our players today. Kaleta didn't do anything that any other player in the league wouldn't have done at the end of that game.

I used to think that you were unbiased in your criticism against Buff, but I've seen that play 100 times against Buff and the game just ended. You seem to be going out of your way to criticize our players today. Kaleta didn't do anything that any other player in the league wouldn't have done at the end of that game.

Listen, Buffalo had every right to go after them. I would have. I'm just saying don't hope for suspensions because the hit on Kaleta was with 3 seconds left. Then Kaleta took two swings with his stick at the guy. The first was a onehander and hit his stick and the second was a two hand whiff.

I thought Ryan hit Kaleta first, and of course Ryan came over to riffraff....but Kaleta actually shoves Ryan with both arms befor Ryan makes any contact. In full speed it happened so fast it looked like Ryan started it.

I'm not saying Kaleta did anything to instigate and the Sabres should have gone at it. Just when you look at what happened after the horn, there is more to nail Buffalo with so you don't want the league involved.

If you have it, please look in slow motion and you will see what I am saying.

The Sabres by trading away Gaustad and Kassian have invited the league to beat the crap out of them the remainder of the season. I thought it would get ugly and it happened in the first game after the trades. Regier has his work cut out in the summer to try and toughen this team up. I keep hearing that Foligno and McNabb are the answer, but it will take more than those two. Too many creampuffs on the roster.

Even if they make the playoffs (unlikely IMO) they are going to be pounded out in the 1st round. I take no joy in saying this either, but it's reality. A soft team got softer. In the longer term these trades may be beneficial, but right now I'm concerned for more beat downs.

The Sabres by trading away Gaustad and Kassian have invited the league to beat the crap out of them the remainder of the season. I thought it would get ugly and it happened in the first game after the trades.

first off Gaustad scares noone so to say they invited teams to goon it up is silly. second Kassian didn't even have a regular roster spot, he was a injury call up and on top of that I am fairly certain you would not have seen him on the ice in the last minute of a game when we where nursing a lead. So he woulda been a non factor in the fighting at the end

Listen, Buffalo had every right to go after them. I would have. I'm just saying don't hope for suspensions because the hit on Kaleta was with 3 seconds left. Then Kaleta took two swings with his stick at the guy. The first was a onehander and hit his stick and the second was a two hand whiff.

He didn't swing at the guy, he swung at Brookbank's stick. A "get the ###### away from me", if you will. It wasn't a big deal.

The Sabres by trading away Gaustad and Kassian have invited the league to beat the crap out of them the remainder of the season.

Someone said this exact same thing in HockeyFights tonight. I think that's not correct at all. Tropp fought, negating Kassian's loss, and Regehr fought, negating Gaustad's loss, and Weber will always fight and Kaleta probably would have if it wasn't so much fun antagonizing the shut-out Ducks squad and the horn hadn't blown. The fact that they gave Kaleta a misconduct was bullcrap. He was hit and poked from the time he was on the bench being yapped at and he slashed the guy's stick only after the guy shoved his own stick into Kaleta's legs at the horn. Ryan wasn't crosschecked, and neither was Getzlaf, who claimed he was (in the face???), they had just been shut out by a hot goalie and knew they probably just blew their chance at the postseason tonight so they were hot. If anyone gets game misconducts handed to them, though, knowing this bush league, it'll be kaleta, while Getzlaf and Ryan get medals of honor.

339 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL BUF #36 KALETA Roughing(2 min) Drawn By: ANA #9 RYAN 340 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL ANA #9 RYAN Roughing(2 min) Drawn By: BUF #36 KALETA 341 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL BUF #36 KALETA Cross checking(2 min) Drawn By: ANA #9 RYAN 342 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL BUF #36 KALETA Misconduct (10 min)(10 min) 343 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL ANA #9 RYAN Misconduct (10 min)(10 min) 344 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL BUF #57 MYERS Fighting (maj)(5 min) Drawn By: ANA #21 BROOKBANK 345 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL ANA #21 BROOKBANK Fighting (maj)(5 min) Drawn By: BUF #57 MYERS 346 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL ANA #21 BROOKBANK Slashing(2 min) Drawn By: BUF #57 MYERS 347 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL BUF #3 LEOPOLD Misconduct (10 min)(10 min) 348 3 EV 20:00

0:00 PENL ANA #11 KOIVU Misconduct (10 min)(10 min)

While I haven't seen the game yet we know enough of Buffalo's history of luck with the rules, and Shanahan/Kaleta in particular to know that on this one occasion GoDD has a point.

We REALLY don't want the league involved, it would not end well for us.

I'm glad to see Myers finally doing what a guy that size needs to do every now and again.

For those of you who are looking for a fight night post, pleas be patient. I'm at work and can't really get one going. If someone else doesn't do one I'll make the thread when I get home.

Damn 10pm games..........

Tropp can throw them! If McCormick continues to head down Connolly Lane, someone with similar pugilistic skills should be brought in. Same goes for the 4th line center to replace Gaustad.

I'm not talking goons. Just guys in addition to being solid hockey players, can drop them and hold there own 5-10 times a season.

This doesn't have quite the flair that fight night threads usually have. :P

Thanks chz. This means I'll get to review my fantasy team today before 7 instead of digging up the fight clips. :thumbsup:

Kaleta shoved him first after taking a 2 hand swing with his stick at the other guy. You don't want the league involved. Hopefully Lindy shuts his yap.

I'm glad they stuck up for each other though.

Not even close - go back and watch it again. Kaleta only slashes at him after getting run and slashed himself, then the guys attacks him, then Ryan attacks him out of nowhere.

The vide will be on youtube soon - watch it and judge for yourself. The account I quoted is agenda driven nonsense.

Why does the scoreboard say 2-1 in the Weber video?

Good question - I saw that live - it stayed 2-1 for a minute or two, then went back to 2-0

Archived