Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

The legend of Kassian is far greater than anything he did on the ice. Can you really say you noticed this guy out there? I know hes a prospect but he's not the bruising power forward we want him to be. He needs more time in the American league.

Hodgson appears the be a more NHL ready forward and can score. Oh yea he plays center. This team needs more scoring, which is more difficult to acquire than tough guys.

I've said it before Kassian is a big body that does not play rough and has a propensity and reputation for being stupid. Buffalo wanted this guy to be someone he is not. I'm not saying he is a bad player, just that Buffalo was trying to fit square peg into a round hole.

Jesus people, we just got Vancouver's TOP prospect who is a 22 year old CENTER!!!! Size can be replaced a Hell of a lot easier than a 2 way Center which we needed desperately. 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks and players like Parise on the market can make it interesting. Centers, Centers, Centers is ALL I care about..... LOVE IT

• Like (+1) 1

I think each team got the other's top forward prospect. Since the Canucks picked up Samuel Pahlsson earlier, they have their 4 playoff centers. Could be a move that works for both teams... everyone here will agree that we needed another scoring center and that is exactly what we got.

I saw Sulzer play here in Nashville. He's a career 7th defenseman.

great post.

I'm a little shocked by this. I'm a little sick actually. I figured Gaustad and Stafford could have gone. Maybe they view Stafford as damaged goods at this point since he has been in Buffalo for so long.

For anyone that thought I was full of crap saying that Vancouver figured out Lindy's system before even Lindy could figure out his system....this is now...

Pyatt

Bernier

Torres

Mancari

Kassian

Pretty much any forward over 200 lbs who doesn't have 3% body fat and can't beat James Patrick at the cone drill by more than 1 second.

:lol: What did you do with the "See, I told you Darcy wouldn't do anything" post?

• Like (+1) 1

You guys realize he was picked three spots above Myers in 2008 right?

That doesn't mean much though. After the initial handful of picks in the first round, the draft is a crapshoot, even in the first round. Kyle Beach was picked right before Myers and he's struggling away in the AHL right now.

Yea, I posted that but ppl are all "BOOO KASSIAN IS THE ONLY TOUGH GUY!!! RABBLE RABBLE!!"

Jesus people, we just got Vancouver's TOP prospect who is a 22 year old CENTER!!!! Size can be replaced a Hell of a lot easier than a 2 way Center which we needed desperately. 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks and players like Parise on the market can make it interesting. Centers, Centers, Centers is ALL I care about..... LOVE IT

I love what we did yes, but I wish Darcy had done more... Leopold for instance or even Roy but I understand the deal may just not have been there.

2008 Draft:

10th - Cody Hodgson

12th - Tyler Myers

26th - Tyler Ennis

Edited by LGR4GM

They had him on TSN.. he's definitely shocked.. he mentioned he knows Tyler1 and Tyler2 from playing in the juniors.. that's good. He's a Calder candidate (perhaps not anymore) but I hope he can fit right in.

I like it..

They had him on TSN.. he's definitely shocked.. he mentioned he knows Tyler1 and Tyler2 from playing in the juniors.. that's good. He's a Calder candidate (perhaps not anymore) but I hope he can fit right in.

I like it..

I think he played for Germany with Ehrhoff?

TSN guys saying that Hodgson is in the mix for Calder Trophy this year (though they don't give him a shot of winning it).

They also seemed to think Vancouver got the better of the trade.

Sabres desperately needed centers. Would prefer to see a larger one but Hogdson will fill a need.

People are saying this is a short term pain for long term gain? Isn't Hodgson already made the leap to the NHL (he's played 63 games for Vancouver this year). That seems like short term divideds when comparing him to Kassian who's only been up for a handfull.