Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

It's a pretty simple formula.

Sabres get a 200lb forward with some grit. Don't know how to use him. He languishes. Goes to Vancouver for peanuts. Scores 20 goals and is a key performer through multiple playoff series.

i.e. Pyatt 2007

Bernier 2008

Torres 2010

Because trade proposals that make sense are rarely discussed here :lol:

I'm a little shocked by this. I'm a little sick actually. I figured Gaustad and Stafford could have gone. Maybe they view Stafford as damaged goods at this point since he has been in Buffalo for so long.

For anyone that thought I was full of crap saying that Vancouver figured out Lindy's system before even Lindy could figure out his system....this is now...

Pyatt

Bernier

Torres

Mancari

Kassian

Pretty much any forward over 200 lbs who doesn't have 3% body fat and can't beat James Patrick at the cone drill by more than 1 second.

We are going to get bullied, yes he might be able to score, but Kassian can score too and he is tough!!!!! Im raging.

The Sabres already get bullied. The lineup next year looks better. This year is irrelevant. Next year you get Foligno up.. re-sign kaleta, you'll have McNabb, you fill your 3rd/4th line center (even if it's gaustad at the right price). You might be looking for a bigger top-6 forward but the Sabres have good draft picks this year and can still move some people... short term pain for long term gain? We shall see.

Cody Hodgson is signed through 2013 and will be an RFA. He is 188lbs and 6' tall and is a natural center with 33pts this year (rookie year) and he is a former 1st round 10th overall pick.. in the infamous 2008 entry draft.

That's why I don't understand why some people are flipping. We traded our best prospect who in his NHL experience looked very raw and seemed to have little hockey sense for a better prospect who has scored 33 pts this year in his rookie year and a position of need in center.

Yes it would have been great to package gragnani, ellis and a pick for Hodgson and keep Kassian, but that aint happening. This is about as good as you can do to get Hodgson

The legend of Kassian is far greater than anything he did on the ice. Can you really say you noticed this guy out there? I know hes a prospect but he's not the bruising power forward we want him to be. He needs more time in the American league.

Hodgson appears the be a more NHL ready forward and can score. Oh yea he plays center. This team needs more scoring, which is more difficult to acquire than tough guys.

• Like (+1) 1

My initial reaction is pure shock. Definelty looks like Sulzer for Grags was a throw in. Sulzer is slightly older, brought up through the Nashville system and then traded to Florida. With Vancouver this year he's played 12 games and registered 1 assist and a +6

I'm a little shocked by this. I'm a little sick actually. I figured Gaustad and Stafford could have gone. Maybe they view Stafford as damaged goods at this point since he has been in Buffalo for so long.

For anyone that thought I was full of crap saying that Vancouver figured out Lindy's system before even Lindy could figure out his system....this is now...

Pyatt

Bernier

Torres

Mancari

Kassian

Pretty much any forward over 200 lbs who doesn't have 3% body fat and can't beat James Patrick at the cone drill by more than 1 second.

And that's such am impressive list who did so much to help Vancouver handle the physical onslaught that keeps getting them knocked out of hte playoffs.

I think each team got the other's top forward prospect. Since the Canucks picked up Samuel Pahlsson earlier, they have their 4 playoff centers. Could be a move that works for both teams... everyone here will agree that we needed another scoring center and that is exactly what we got.

I saw Sulzer play here in Nashville. He's a career 7th defenseman.

hodgson has 16 goals and 17 assists. a good size center. wgr loves the trade a lot

Yea the 33 points he has will put him right up there with Derek Roy.

I hate this trade, for a team that needs toughness, you get rid of one of the toughest prospects.

33 points puts him 4th on the free-wheeling offensive juggernaut that is the Buffalo Sabres.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that our fanbase is disappointed for not trading away our garbage for a center. #gottaloveunrealisticfanswhoplayNHL20XXandmaketradesalldaylonginbasement

hey...it's HARD to make trades in NHL 2011 on xbox.