Jump to content

Things that are AWESOME...


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Spring peepers are out.

One of the things I like a lot about living here is Spring comes early most years.  Peepers have been out for almost a month. My pear trees are blooming, my willow has leaves, and the maples will leaf out real soon.  The boy already had to mow the lawn once.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

One of the things I like a lot about living here is Spring comes early most years.  Peepers have been out for almost a month. My pear trees are blooming, my willow has leaves, and the maples will leaf out real soon.  The boy already had to mow the lawn once.

It's Spring here too.

We are expecting snow sometime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's Spring here too.

We are expecting snow sometime soon.

I refuse to put my snowblower away before May 15th.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I refuse to put my snowblower away before May 15th.  

Last year on May 9th it was 28 degrees, 20mph winds and snow/sleeting.  I am right there with you.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I refuse to put my snowblower away before May 15th.  

The blower and mower trade places on April 1 and TBH I could do it sooner.  The motivation for April 1 is that's when the mower needs to come out not when the blower is done.  It rarely snows much after March 10th or so.  President's Day weekend is the big time around here it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

The blower and mower trade places on April 1 and TBH I could do it sooner.  The motivation for April 1 is that's when the mower needs to come out not when the blower is done.  It rarely snows much after March 10th or so.  President's Day weekend is the big time around here it seems.

I know, I was just kidding. 

Same for me.   Normally the blower and mower get swapped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently reconnected with an old friend from the street I grew up on.  He lived across the street and down a house or two from me.  I noticed his parents' house on the market so I contacted him on Facebook.  His dad passed away some time ago and his mom just passed last year.  Bobby is what we called in those days "slow".  We played in the neighborhood for a time but as we got older we drifted apart. 

Here comes the awesome part-  He's been writing children's books and was recently interviewed on Channel 7 in Buffalo:  Author with Aspergers is inspiring others with his books and message

I'm so happy for him that he's getting his books published and getting recognized for it.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I recently reconnected with an old friend from the street I grew up on.  He lived across the street and down a house or two from me.  I noticed his parents' house on the market so I contacted him on Facebook.  His dad passed away some time ago and his mom just passed last year.  Bobby is what we called in those days "slow".  We played in the neighborhood for a time but as we got older we drifted apart. 

Here comes the awesome part-  He's been writing children's books and was recently interviewed on Channel 7 in Buffalo:  Author with Aspergers is inspiring others with his books and message

I'm so happy for him that he's getting his books published and getting recognized for it.

Awesome.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...