Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back this past weekend from an 8 day trip to California with the wife, her sis and sis' hubby, and one other couple. First time out there for all of us. We were in San Francisco and the Paso Robles, Sonoma, and Napa Valley wine regions. Loved every minute of it and really needed to recharge. The wineries and scenery there are absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

On August 13-14 my wife and I closed on and moved into a new house that we love.

On August 17 we welcomed our first baby to the family.  Everyone is happy and healthy.

Its awesome.

Also, I no longer sleep.

Congratulations on the house and becoming a parent.  I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Curt said:

On August 13-14 my wife and I closed on and moved into a new house that we love.

On August 17 we welcomed our first baby to the family.  Everyone is happy and healthy.

Its awesome.

Also, I no longer sleep.

Awesome.

Being a parent is really GD hard but also a fantastic experience.

Once he/she sleeps through the night -- and you should drop the hammer at the 3-month mark IMHO -- you are in the clear.

Congrats.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Curt said:

Its awesome.

Also, I no longer sleep.

Boy or girl... you sleep when the baby does... it does get better but the first few months are rough.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Jesse Pegula won her second round match at the US Open... got to watch it as my wife and I had tickets for a couple of weeks.  She hadn't been to one in 35 years we saw the number 3 player in the world, a German,  destroy a Spaniard in 3 sets... he was serving at 135 miles an hour.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Jesse Pegula won her second round match at the US Open... got to watch it as my wife and I had tickets for a couple of weeks.  She hadn't been to one in 35 years we saw the number 3 player in the world, a German,  destroy a Spaniard in 3 sets... he was serving at 135 miles an hour.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Curt said:

Its awesome.

Also, I no longer sleep.

25 years ago, we moved into our first house and had our first child in the same month.

The exterior, yard and every room except the one I'm sitting in right now has been changed, but we're still here.

Our daughter now comes to visit when she's not hiking mountains and helping troubled kids.

Enjoy. You are in for a ride.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Been to Albania yet?

And if you did, did you sing Coach's song about it?  

Albania Song

Definite bucket list item.

I went to Albania in January along with Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia. Albania remains to be one of my favorite countries. Everyone was so amazingly kind and they love Americans, which isn't always the case lol. 

I have 12 days for Romania so I booked a route that covers 2600 miles with approx 65 hours of drive time. I was gonna attempt to get to Serbia too, but that'll have to wait for a separate Serbia/Bosnia trip. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went to Albania in January along with Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia. Albania remains to be one of my favorite countries. Everyone was so amazingly kind and they love Americans, which isn't always the case lol. 

I have 12 days for Romania so I booked a route that covers 2600 miles with approx 65 hours of drive time. I was gonna attempt to get to Serbia too, but that'll have to wait for a separate Serbia/Bosnia trip. 

That's nice.

But did you sing the friggin' song?!?

• Like (+1) 1