Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

A sunny, breezy low humidity day. A comfortable deck chair and charcuterie plate. A stiff pour of Belle Meade cognac cask finished bourbon, and a Macanudo Grand Cru Royale.

Thank you to all who gave everything that we honor on this day.  I sit and contemplate today because I have the privilege to do so in part due to your sacrifices.

1st Lieutenant Peter Weaver, Pilot, 390th Bomb Group 1918-1945

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

We have a new Buffalo bar in Ft Worth... this makes three (two locations of Buffalo Bros, and the new one:  Nickel City)

image.thumb.png.754c8ea06ff0ba13df7794b1591daf66.png

It's nothing special, but it feels like an old neighborhood tavern in Buffalo.  Genny Cream on tap.  Light meals inspired by Buffalo and Detroit, including pizza logs, fried bologna, wings by the pound, and a pretty good Detroit-style coney dog.

A cool thing:  They have adult happy meals, such as a slider with cheese, fries, and a shot & a beer for $13.  ❤️

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

So I had that particular happy meal for lunch today.  They call it a slider but it comes on a standard size hamburger bun (not a large bun but definitely bigger than a slider bun).  And more fries than I should eat but I ate them anyway.  They're the crinkle cut fries which are my favorite style.

16 hours ago, Doohickie said:

We have a new Buffalo bar in Ft Worth... this makes three (two locations of Buffalo Bros, and the new one:  Nickel City)

image.thumb.png.754c8ea06ff0ba13df7794b1591daf66.png

It's nothing special, but it feels like an old neighborhood tavern in Buffalo.  Genny Cream on tap.  Light meals inspired by Buffalo and Detroit, including pizza logs, fried bologna, wings by the pound, and a pretty good Detroit-style coney dog.

A cool thing:  They have adult happy meals, such as a slider with cheese, fries, and a shot & a beer for $13.  ❤️

Id join you in a heartbeat if i could.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

First fireflies of the season illuminating.

I'm sure after this week the inland streams will be too warm for trout fishing.  The way it is going the lakes may soon warm up too much for muskies too.  No sense in killing a fish needlessly.

I leave for work at 4:35AM.  Lots of fireflies on the back roads I travel this AM.  First morning I noticed it.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:14 PM, Weave said:

I'm sure after this week the inland streams will be too warm for trout fishing.  

I agree but I know of tribs (at the very least stretches) where stepping into the water barefoot feels like stepping into a glass of ice water; even in July with air temps hovering in the upper 80s.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I love seeing these wall murals get created.  There was one that went up near where I worked at the time and it was really cool to see the picture develop over a period of weeks.  It's also amazing to see the improvement to the drab building if it's done well.  Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Digger said:

I love seeing these wall murals get created.  There was one that went up near where I worked at the time and it was really cool to see the picture develop over a period of weeks.  It's also amazing to see the improvement to the drab building if it's done well.  Thanks for posting.

Yeah it really was something and it turned out great.  He really captured the spirit of our city.  Halifax is really taking off, which is great, but OTOH I liked it when it was a small hick town.  Anyway, I moved out of the city to the coast (about 30 to 45 minutes from downtown) and really like it out here, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1