Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Been out shooting pictures most mornings.. each day we hope to find at least one new species of bird (the migration season is ending so it will get tougher). The few days prior we had heard Indigo buntings in the areas we had been, got a few glimpses at them but I couldn't get a good picture. Saturday morning we were heading back out of the trail and we caught a flash of blue... (indigo?).  Anyway.. managed to get 1 picture with the camera before it moved back into the trees... 

Sometimes you get lucky... 

1460071157_052320-IndigoBunting.thumb.png.9e325558d04c8a3be8dae6ca6e7c4632.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LTS said:

Been out shooting pictures most mornings.. each day we hope to find at least one new species of bird (the migration season is ending so it will get tougher). The few days prior we had heard Indigo buntings in the areas we had been, got a few glimpses at them but I couldn't get a good picture. Saturday morning we were heading back out of the trail and we caught a flash of blue... (indigo?).  Anyway.. managed to get 1 picture with the camera before it moved back into the trees... 

Sometimes you get lucky... 

1460071157_052320-IndigoBunting.thumb.png.9e325558d04c8a3be8dae6ca6e7c4632.png

Love it.

I've been so close to catching orioles on the trails, they're everywhere right now. Just not lucky enough. Almost had a grosbeak today too.

13 hours ago, darksabre said:

Love it.

I've been so close to catching orioles on the trails, they're everywhere right now. Just not lucky enough. Almost had a grosbeak today too.

Have a pretty good grosbeak shot at this point.  The Oriole.. not so much.

My work commute is right around a total of 50 miles a day.  I just looked at my odometer and I've put 700 miles on my car since the start of March.  Say what you want about all the craziness we're living through right now, but I've saved a ton on gas since this all started.  With the car starting to get a bit older, I've also extended its life a bit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

My work commute is right around a total of 50 miles a day.  I just looked at my odometer and I've put 700 miles on my car since the start of March.  Say what you want about all the craziness we're living through right now, but I've saved a ton on gas since this all started.  With the car starting to get a bit older, I've also extended its life a bit.

I have really enjoyed not commuting. It's been my favorite part of this whole thing. It makes me like driving again because now when I get in the car it's because I'm going to do something fun, instead of just sitting in traffic.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

76 miles each work day.  I'm loving not buying all that fuel and putting on those miles.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

76 miles each work day.  I'm loving not buying all that fuel and putting on those miles.

Wait until you retire.  I retired in 2017 and my mileage was 56K.  Today, it's at 59K.

11 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Eh, screw it.  Been awhile since I’ve listened to Sandinista at an unreasonable volume anyway.  Here we go... 

I'm with you, my friend ...

And now we can all paticipate in the listening of the best album of all time.  Yup.  Endless loop .............................................. 

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I think I'm joining a golf course

What does this have to do with The Clash and the best album ever?

This thread has been hijacked.

And why would you even think of putting anything about golf in the awesome thread anyway?