Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

23 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

My wife didn't die of anaphylaxis last night so that's pretty awesome.  Driving home by herself from a business meeting in North Jersey, having a quick bite to eat in the car.  Accidentally eats a peanut.  She is allergic to them.  Had to pull into a rest area and call 911 who brought her to the ER. Good times. 

Woah!! Glad everything is ok. Yikes...

42 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Yeah, she didn't appreciate the 911 operator who insinuated she was having a panic attack when she called up unable to breathe.  "I can't breathe.". "You are talking to me so you can breathe. Do you have a history of anxiety or panic attacks?"  He told her EMTs were on the way and then hung up on her.  She had to sit in her car in a rest area parking lot for 20 minutes by herself waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Again .... woah! 
Yea, I wouldn’t be happy about that.... If that’s not normal operating procedure for a 911 dispatcher ... I’d want that person out of a job...

7 hours ago, LTS said:

Who's the author?

Has she considered self-publishing?

3 hours ago, Weave said:

I seem to recall there is an online self publishing outfit.

Sorry, all I got.

She has looked into it, but thinks that if someone else who knows what they are doing takes over, it would most likely go farther than we could ever take it. Just have to find the right one.

10 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

My wife didn't die of anaphylaxis last night so that's pretty awesome.  Driving home by herself from a business meeting in North Jersey, having a quick bite to eat in the car.  Accidentally eats a peanut.  She is allergic to them.  Had to pull into a rest area and call 911 who brought her to the ER. Good times. 

I'm grateful she's OK.. I'm shaking just reading your post.

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

She has looked into it, but thinks that if someone else who knows what they are doing takes over, it would most likely go farther than we could ever take it. Just have to find the right one.

The good news with self-publishing is that you can start and no one else has rights or control.  There are quite a few authors out there who started that way and then grew their business.  It could help to seek a few out and potentially get their feedback or read on their experiences..

Since I don't know any publishers, it's the best I can offer. ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, Ogre said:

Crocuses in the lawn! Not a ton of them and only purples so far but this is a good omen. 

1344F3A6-50BF-4344-B4BC-6DB035AE8803.jpeg

You beat me. Mine haven't even peeked out of the ground yet. And I'm quite a bit further south than you!

5 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg.

Buffalo is a party mecca compared to Lincoln.  It's like the skim milk of America.  I'm a white man in his 50's and even I want some sh1t to go down just for the entertainment value.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Buffalo is a party mecca compared to Lincoln.  It's like the skim milk of America.  I'm a white man in his 50's and even I want some sh1t to go down just for the entertainment value.

I need mountains and water in my life. So that basically eliminates 2/3rds of this country. I actually get depressed when I fly over the Midwest. But, hey. Some people dig it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I need mountains and water in my life. So that basically eliminates 2/3rds of this country. I actually get depressed when I fly over the Midwest. But, hey. Some people dig it. 

I don't dig it, but I can't get my wife to move to WNY and she's trying to figure out where we're going to live.  After a 30 year career of moving on where my job took me, I said in retirement that she could decide where we live.  She hates NE as much as I do, but hasn't said where were going to move.  If you're married. you don't dare ask when are you going to make a decision on where we're going to live.  So here I am in Lincoln.NE, happily married, and hoping she decides REAL soon where the flip we're going to move to.

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I don't dig it, but I can't get my wife to move to WNY and she's trying to figure out where we're going to live.  After a 30 year career of moving on where my job took me, I said in retirement that she could decide where we live.  She hates NE as much as I do, but hasn't said where were going to move.  If you're married. you don't dare ask when are you going to make a decision on where we're going to live.  So here I am in Lincoln.NE, happily married, and hoping she decides REAL soon where the flip we're going to move to.

If I had my choice I'd live in Taos, NM, Salt Lake City, Reno or Burlington. But I don't have that choice and 3 hours from home is as far as my wife will allow us to get. ?

20 minutes ago, ubkev said:

If I had my choice I'd live in Taos, NM, Salt Lake City, Reno or Burlington. But I don't have that choice and 3 hours from home is as far as my wife will allow us to get. ?

I've lived in Salt Lake, Las Vegas and Burlington.  Funny too that we thought of Taos as a retirement spot.  Burlington is great but way pricey and not diverse at all.  Salt Lake is really clique with the LDS people.  It was strange to meet new people and the first question they ask is what church you belonged to.  My wife and I were like, when's the last time you had sex with one of your wives.  Needless to say, we didn't last long in Utah.  Seems as though we have similar taste in cities.  I'm curious to see where you end up.

Edited by Tondas

I've lived in Salt Lake, Las Vegas and Burlington.  Funny too that we thought of Taos as a retirement spot.  Burlington is great but way pricey and not diverse at all.  Salt Lake is really clique with the LDS people.  It was strange to meet new people and the first question they ask is what church you belonged to.  My wife and I were like, when's the last time you had sex with one of your wives.  Needless to say, we didn't last long in Utah.  Seems as though we have similar taste in cities.  I curious to where you end up.

Me being a hermit is the only way I could survive Salt Lake. And I've got a brother in Vegas. 

Just now, ubkev said:

Me being a hermit is the only way I could survive Salt Lake. And I've got a brother in Vegas. 

UB, Go to Vegas all day long.  Trust me ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT long.  If you're not LDS, don't do Utah, just don't do it.  

UB, Go to Vegas all day long.  Trust me ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT long.  If you're not LDS, don't do Utah, just don't do it.  

Lol, oh I've been to Vegas many, many times. Love it. The golf ball flies a lot farther out there. Plus, I don't gamble. 

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Salt Lake is a good city though. And you get used to the quirky booze laws eventually. 

The last time I was there I might have gotten hammered and then went to see choir practice at the Temple lol it was weird but hey 

Edited by darksabre

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

Lol, oh I've been to Vegas many, many times. Love it. The golf ball flies a lot farther out there. Plus, I don't gamble. 

Have you played the Primm Courses?  I loved the Desert Inn course before they went under.

I always  said, if you have any vice and move to Vegas, be very careful., booze gambling , girls, etc. it''s not a good place  for you.  Other than that, it's  a fabulous place to live.

28 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Have you played the Primm Courses?  I loved the Desert Inn course before they went under.

I always  said, if you have any vice and move to Vegas, be very careful., booze gambling , girls, etc. it''s not a good place  for you.  Other than that, it's  a fabulous place to live.

Yep. Roller coaster at Whiskey Pete's and golf in primm was about the only thing I was old enough to do on my first time there in 2001. My vices are drinking alone in my house and staying away from other people. I'm entirely city proof. I'd live in a cabin on Mt. Charleston.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Salt Lake is a good city though. And you get used to the quirky booze laws eventually. 

The last time I was there I might have gotten hammered and then went to see choir practice at the Temple lol it was weird but hey 

I'd love to be in the Wasatch. They are awesome.