SDS

Things that are AWESOME...

My GF and I took my daughter out to a farm yesterday afternoon in order to do the hayride, pick a pumpkin thing.  We get there and the storefront is open but more or less deserted.  GF is incredulous, "I've come here every year of my life, just about and they're always packed, something's wrong."  We go in and talk to the owner, who somewhat apologetically said they're not opening the pumpkin patch until next weekend, he's basically retired, and his kids are running the show.  

Then he looks at my daughter and asks, "What are you guys driving?" We tell him we have a 4WD.  He then says, "alright, why don't you hop in your car, pull around behind the building and follow me, I'll be in the white van."  We load up and pull around, he leads us back off the road and up what I assume is the hayride path into the field.  We get to the top and see the whole, completely untouched pumpkin field.  He tells us to take what we want, $.50 per pound.  We have a good time with the kiddo wandering around for awhile, ohhing and ahhing.  We select a few pumpkins, drive back down and pay, thanking him on the way out. 

Nice guy, made a little girl's day.   (and himself about fifty bucks, but still.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Found a nice gathering of Prarie Dogs while cruising in South Dakota, laid down on the ground with some granola and had a good time, got some awesome shots! 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Those critters were kinda portly, innit?

Indeed they were, well fed Prarie dogs, looking more like woodchucks

I'm assuming that if they don't pork out during the summer, they don't live through winter.

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm assuming that if they don't pork out during the summer, they don't live through winter.

I did read that they stock up for the long harsh winters up here, as there's not much food. It was cool, I was at the site in the AM and I was seeing then play, but couldn't get too close, but I pull out a granola bar and the game changes 😂

As a person of Northern European ancestry, I have similar genes.  Unfortunately I don't have those times of famine....

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 2

Prairie dogs are great, but they dog carry the plague. Gotta be real careful around them. 

Sorry to be “that guy”..

voice is flat

could of created original music 

A for effort

C for lyrics 

F for originality 

(Ducks out of room as the boos and hisses rain down)

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Kids.... Music... Not what it used to be..... Grrrr

😀

Edited by steveoath

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I didn't know where to put this when I saw it this morning.  Should we have a  general hockey thread for non-NHL stuff?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I didn't know where to put this when I saw it this morning.  Should we have a  general hockey thread for non-NHL stuff?

Sounds good to me 

"jumpin around the country" black hills of South Dakota, Custer state park, Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Devils tower, Spearfish, etc. 

This country has some real nice treasures 

20191006_090832_045_01.jpg

20191005_125740_019_02.jpg

20191005_112413.jpg

20191006_182743.jpg

20191006_090517.jpg

received_466970230580864.jpeg

20191005_111834.jpg

20191004_104754.jpg

20191004_104458.jpg

• Like (+1) 1