Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

On 1/27/2012 at 1:49 PM, nfreeman said:

Amazon Prime

iPad

iPhone

bluetooth cell phone interface with car stereo/speakerphone

Marmot waterproof windbreaker (for running in the rain)

Double monitor setup for computer

The show "Louie" -- Season 1 on Netflix

Costco jumbo bag of precut frozen wings

Costco chocolate chip cookies

HD DVR

3rd row seating in new car

wife and kids

Aaaaaand.... wife and kids listed last. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We had a big birthday party for my wife’s great aunt. She's affectionately known as Aunt Ginny by a large number of Canandaiguaians. She turned 89 in January but was to ill and the weather too bad for a party so we celebrated 89.5 yesterday.

She had a very storied life. She went to NYC at the age of 14 to pursue a career in theater. She both performed in and directed off Broadway productions throughout the years. She taught speech and language at university. The local news did a piece on her at Veterans Day to highlight her Navy career as a code breaker. Very interesting lady.

Aunt Ginny loves her Grey Goose. She had at least three “Crazy Goose” drinks which are a double of grey goose on the rocks with three lime slices. I sat next to her as her guardian in case she got too wobbly. There was live music at the party and she danced for about two hours. The best move of all? She veeery slowly brings both hands in front of her and veeery slowly slouches forward toward her knees. Some of the guests were imploring me to “get her! She’s falling!” I waved them off. This old gal ain’t falling. Watch how she do!  Once Aunt Ginny finally got into position she broke out with the Bees Knees Charleston move!!! Lots of liquor flowing and one hell of a party. Can’t wait for the 90.5 party?

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh I was thinking about the motorboat...?

Hey Josie always meant to ask if you could do a Jim Schoenfeld avatar for me... ill pay

I don't think I have enough anymore for a good motorboat. ? 

Fer sure- I'm super busy atm, but lemme know what you have in mind! 

StoryCorps is a feature on National Public Radio that can either break your heart or delight it. From NPR's website:

StoryCorps is a national nonprofit that gives people the chance to interview friends and loved ones about their lives. These conversations are archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress, allowing participants to leave a legacy for future generations. Learn more, including how to interview someone in your life, at StoryCorps.org.

The one today was absolutely delightful. I was cracking up, unable to leave my car until it was over. And by the end, something was in my eyes. Allergies!

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/23/744434185/a-bronx-tale-childhood-neighbors-celebrate-seven-decades-of-love

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

This probably isn’t awesome and is kind of bad but has a hint of funny.

Couple days ago my mother is in the garage late at night. Door open and lights on. Everyone is sleeping and we hear her start shouting. I get dressed and go outside to see a naked guy covering his junk with a hat. Turns out the kid partied so hard at a grad party he passed out. His friends thought it would be funny to strip him and leave him a few streets over. 

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This probably isn’t awesome and is kind of bad but has a hint of funny.

Couple days ago my mother is in the garage late at night. Door open and lights on. Everyone is sleeping and we hear her start shouting. I get dressed and go outside to see a naked guy covering his junk with a hat. Turns out the kid partied so hard at a grad party he passed out. His friends thought it would be funny to strip him and leave him a few streets over. 

You had to get dressed eh? It could have been a funny story.

The other day, I got to see my brother for the first time in 9 years. The last time I saw him he was home for, idk what, some kind of family thing, it was the week I moved to Pennsylvania. I got to meet 2 of my nephews for the first time. My son got to play with his cousins. My girl got to see exactly what I will look like in ten years(my brother and I look identical, other than the 10 years that separates us). It was friggin great. Hopefully it doesn't take another decade before we see each other again.

• Like (+1) 8