Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I am not ashamed to use an obscure Mexican battle to justify drinking tequila and eating Mexican food.

And May 5 might be the latest I’ve ever gotten the deck set up for the season.

Nonetheless, the deck is set up and a solid day drinking buzz has been obtained.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I am not ashamed to use an obscure Mexican battle to justify drinking tequila and eating Mexican food.

And May 5 might be the latest I’ve ever gotten the deck set up for the season.

Nonetheless, the deck is set up and a solid day drinking buzz has been obtained.

Deck still not set up, because deck is being refinished.

Sunshine beer drinking schedule unaffected.

On Cinco de mayo I went to the bar bill for day drinking, wings and beef, delicious. 

Also I just booked a trip to Russia for next month, gonna do Moscow and then st Petersburg. Then take a train to Helsinki for a few days ?

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

On Cinco de mayo I went to the bar bill for day drinking, wings and beef, delicious. 

Also I just booked a trip to Russia for next month, gonna do Moscow and then st Petersburg. Then take a train to Helsinki for a few days ?

We'll be in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Repub, Germany) next month as well. Maybe you can convince some Russians to invade Poland and come say hello while you're over there. ?

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Wings, beef on weck, and probably some canadian beer.  Way to honor the true spirit of a mexican holiday.

Exactly. Shame on you, Woody. Don't you know you're supposed to go to Mighty Taco on Cinco de Mayo. Now that's authentic Mexican food.

Edited by Drunkard

4 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

We'll be in Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Repub, Germany) next month as well. Maybe you can convince some Russians to invade Poland and come say hello while you're over there. ?

I'll just call Putin up and make It so! 

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Wings, beef on weck, and probably some canadian beer.  Way to honor the true spirit of a mexican holiday.

EBC beer, even better..... F that Mexican holiday haha, there were drunken Sombreros around me, close enough ??

3 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Exactly. Shame on you, Woody. Don't you know you're supposed to go to Mighty Taco on Cinco de Mayo. Now that's authentic Mexican food.

I didn't drink enough for mighty 

There's a nest with four baby common grackles in it outside my bedroom window, high up in an arborvitae shrub (tree?). It's so fascinating to watch the goings-on. At first I thought the mother was bringing and taking with her a white ball or stone or even egg when she visited the nest to feed the babies. Then I realized she was only taking it. It's a fecal sac. The babies poop it out almost immediately after being fed and mom carries the crap away to keep the nest clean and also reduce the chance various predators will smell it and invade the nest. Happy Mother's Day!

There are always a couple of grackles hanging out on security shifts, but if there's any sign of trouble — which apparently includes barely cracking a curtain — a whole squadron appears within seconds of the trouble calls. They swoop around, trading positions in surrounding trees, and one even will sit on the gutter above the nest and peer down. It really does take a village to raise these birds.

There are four of them, and they're getting big fast and starting to spread their wings. The nest isn't all that big and is actually exposed to the elements to some extent. It's a miracle really if they make it. The whole shrub was swaying the other day in fairly strong winds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

There's a nest with four baby common grackles in it outside my bedroom window, high up in an arborvitae shrub (tree?). It's so fascinating to watch the goings-on. At first I thought the mother was bringing and taking with her a white ball or stone or even egg when she visited the nest to feed the babies. Then I realized she was only taking it. It's a fecal sac. The babies poop it out almost immediately after being fed and mom carries the crap away to keep the nest clean and also reduce the chance various predators will smell it and invade the nest. Happy Mother's Day!

There are always a couple of grackles hanging out on security shifts, but if there's any sign of trouble — which apparently includes barely cracking a curtain — a whole squadron appears within seconds of the trouble calls. They swoop around, trading positions in surrounding trees, and one even will sit on the gutter above the nest and peer down. It really does take a village to raise these birds.

There are four of them, and they're getting big fast and starting to spread their wings. The nest isn't all that big and is actually exposed to the elements to some extent. It's a miracle really if they make it. The whole shrub was swaying the other day in fairly strong winds.

Awesome post.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Pics!