Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

27 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ironic that it is also the national day of prayer.

And in honor of national password day, I think we should all share the passwords for our bank accounts.  Whoever is the wealthiest around here, I suggest you start.

Ramadan.

It will start at sunset today.  As is my tradition I will be fasting from non-essential Internet use for the holy month, which includes fasting from SabreSpace.  I will see you guys and gals in 29, or 30, days depending on the new moon sighting that will mark the start of the next month.

As always, there has been some Saudi stuff.  In North America we are on 30 Shaban (the month before Ramadan) so, there is no debate as no month could be more than 30 days.  It seems that the Saudis are on Shaban 29, which means that Ramadan could have started there either tomorrow, or Monday at sunset.

Anyway, the Saudis have officially declared that Ramadan will start at sunset today, which makes the first fasting day start at dawn tomorrow ... 4:23 AM here in Halifax.  The breaking the fast time tomorrow is at sunset ... 8:25 PM.  So, the fast will be long and longer as Ramadan progresses until Eid, which is likely to be June 5th.  At least we do not fast on the longest daylight hour days this Ramadan, not that it makes a difference.  Ramadan is viewed as the most anticipated month of the year and fasting is an honour.

I will be around for a bit today, but not sure how much longer.

Salam / Peace.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
a their versus there issue ...
  • Like (+1) 4