Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Real men self-propel. This is why bicycles are AWESOME. My collection:

'91 Bianchi Broadway. Red. $25 paid for frame. Alfine 8spd rear hub. Alfine generator front hub. Both hand built wheels. SKS fenders. Winter Beater

'05 Bianchi Volpe. Green. 28spd. Schmidt dynamo. CR18 rims, and double butted spokes, on hand-built wheels. Front and rear racks. Touring Bike

79' Custom Sutter. Red-white-and blue. Reynolds 531. Handmade in France. $65 at garage sale. Hand-built tubular wheels on Wolber Aspen rims ($2 ea. at Amvets)

I've got a three bike personal limit, but also have a wife:

'69 Raleigh Competition, purple, paid $100, w/ tubular wheels

'66 Raleigh Superbe, green, paid $25 w/ Brooks Saddle

'89 Bridgestone CB-1, black, paid $35

Steel-frame lugged bikes are awesome, but the age of being able to find them for next to nothing is OVER, in my experience.

Real men don't belittle other men based on their hobbies. :)

Yes, we do. :P

'91 Bianchi Broadway. Red. $25 paid for frame. Alfine 8spd rear hub. Alfine generator front hub. Both hand built wheels. SKS fenders. Winter Beater

'05 Bianchi Volpe. Green. 28spd. Schmidt dynamo. CR18 rims, and double butted spokes, on hand-built wheels. Front and rear racks. Touring Bike

79' Custom Sutter. Red-white-and blue. Reynolds 531. Handmade in France. $65 at garage sale. Hand-built tubular wheels on Wolber Aspen rims ($2 ea. at Amvets)

I've got a three bike personal limit, but also have a wife:

'69 Raleigh Competition, purple, paid $100, w/ tubular wheels

'66 Raleigh Superbe, green, paid $25 w/ Brooks Saddle

'89 Bridgestone CB-1, black, paid $35

Steel-frame lugged bikes are awesome, but the age of being able to find them for next to nothing is OVER, in my experience.

I like the way you operate.

The link, by the way, is to Niagara Cycle Works. They do a lot of mail order business, but if you're not too far from them, you can pick it up yourself and save the shipping costs.

But, even the employees at NCW will admit, that the money is better spent at Campus Wheel Works, on Elmwood, where they know bicycle parts, or Ricks on Allen, who are Raleigh fiends. You younger men and women are also more likely to meet hot ladies at either Buffalo store, than you are through mail order companies.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

But, even the employees at NCW will admit, that the money is better spent at Campus Wheel Works, on Elmwood, where they know bicycle parts, or Ricks on Allen, who are Raleigh fiends. You younger men and women are also more likely to meet hot ladies at either Buffalo store, than you are through mail order companies.

CWW is fantastic but small and pricey. Rick (no s) is a good cycle shop, but if you're looking for a new ride, limited selection. Great greasemonkeys there, though.

For new equipment, I still take the drive out to the 'burbs and go to Bert's. They're still local, and the selection is better than anywhere else in the county.

I've heard good things about Shickluna, but I haven't been there. (CWW is just a block from home, and Rick is in between work and home, if I just need something small.)

It probably doesn't qualify as awesome, but this is the best place to post this. Ron Burgundy playing jazz flute on Conan last night and announcing a sequel to Anchorman was pretty cool.

That's definitely awesome!! I think they had Will Ferrell on the local radio morning show yesterday or today but I missed it. Love me some Ron Burgundy.

1) The little green swizzle sticks that fit the lid opening in Starbucks. Sure beats having coffee spilling all over your seats when getting more than a couple drinks.

2) This powered razor. when wife came home with it, thought what a waste..but i love the thing. Still on my first blade after 6 weeks, and i have a medium to heavy beard that i must shave everyday.

http://www.gillette.com/en/us/Products/Razors/proglide/fusion-proglide-power-razor.aspx

3)going to parent teacher conference when your kids grades have done nothing but go down..ohh wrong day, thats was for yesterday.

1) The little green swizzle sticks that fit the lid opening in Starbucks. Sure beats having coffee spilling all over your seats when getting more than a couple drinks.

2) This powered razor. when wife came home with it, thought what a waste..but i love the thing. Still on my first blade after 6 weeks, and i have a medium to heavy beard that i must shave everyday.

http://www.gillette....ower-razor.aspx

3)going to parent teacher conference when your kids grades have done nothing but go down..ohh wrong day, thats was for yesterday.

I may have to switch to that razor. I have issues with shaving my beard, and the lady friend doesn't really like the full beard, so I shave often. I have been struggling to find a good razor over the years. Before I started dating this girl, I'd gotten to the point where I was only shaving my face for important business meetings or for holidays with the family (Grandma said I looked like a terrorist once). I never put much stock in those powered ones, but from what I was reading, it sounds pretty good.

I may have to switch to that razor. I have issues with shaving my beard, and the lady friend doesn't really like the full beard, so I shave often. I have been struggling to find a good razor over the years. Before I started dating this girl, I'd gotten to the point where I was only shaving my face for important business meetings or for holidays with the family (Grandma said I looked like a terrorist once). I never put much stock in those powered ones, but from what I was reading, it sounds pretty good.

I am not really a gadget guy. and really thought this was an idiotic idea until i tried it.

http://www.gillette....ower-razor.aspx

There is no substitute for a double bladed safety razor, both for economy and quality of shave. Get a seriously heavy duty stainless steel safety razor like one of these: http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-Stainless-Steel-Long-Handle-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-43C_p_829.html and enjoy it for the rest of your life. Seriously, you will pass the thing down to your kids (preferably a son).

Get a $1.00 package of double sided razors from your local grocery store, a container of shaving gel, and go to town. I used to change razor blades regularly, but I found that once you get your face toughened up a little you can make a blade last a long time. I now change blades every 2-3 months, and I have never been happier.

I have tried electrics, tried disposables, tried the expensive disposables, and they all suck. Get a real razor, feel like a man, a reap the savings the rest of your life.