Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

That is a pretty wild looking machine.

I'm not sure how 'cafe' I'm going to go. A motorcycle is primarily a form of transportation for me, so having it be functional is important. Plus, my kinda-girlfriend is going to learn on it, so I don't want to throw some crazy ergos on it and discourage her. Maybe it'll be a two phase build, something a little more standard to start and then down the road the full monte.

Spent the afternoon on my little deck smoking a cigar and reading a book on FDR. There are BUGS buzzing around. It's fricken March 7th and there's bugs!

The forecast looks pretty good so far. I'm tempted to get the motorcycle out of storage, but I'm still afraid of that random April snow storm we could get. Would be nice to get it out though before I need to renew the registration in April, which ultimately includes an inspection. One of my front forks was leaking a little before I put it away in the fall and I don't want to risk failing that inspection.

Spent the afternoon on my little deck smoking a cigar and reading a book on FDR. There are BUGS buzzing around. It's fricken March 7th and there's bugs!

The forecast looks pretty good so far. I'm tempted to get the motorcycle out of storage, but I'm still afraid of that random April snow storm we could get. Would be nice to get it out though before I need to renew the registration in April, which ultimately includes an inspection. One of my front forks was leaking a little before I put it away in the fall and I don't want to risk failing that inspection.

I usually wait until all the salt on the roads has been washed away.

• Like (+1) 1

I usually wait until all the salt on the roads has been washed away.

Your bike must be pretty and shiny then :P

Yes and yes! Rain hard today

Here's something that's really awesome - The NYS Hockey Tier II PeeWee Championship Tournament this weekend! See you suckers on Monday.

Wouldn't mind a cafe style bike though. Not that those can't be pretty and shiny but you get my point.

I know a few guys around here that have clip-ons or clubmans on Sportys (that's what you have, yes?), so you could always go that way.

Sample: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showpost.php?p=329498&postcount=5

I know a few guys around here that have clip-ons or clubmans on Sportys (that's what you have, yes?), so you could always go that way.

Sample: http://xlforum.net/v...498&postcount=5

Yes. I've got drag bars on mine (stock).

Drag bars on a sporty look good. Clip ons? Clubmans? eek!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I envy you guys and gals with bikes, however if I ever got on one and survived the ride my wife would kill me anyway. She used to work trauma at ECMC and witnessed some nasty stuff.

Agreed. I've had 5 friends get killed on bikes, not all their own faults, but some were. I would love to get a bike myself just to save on gas, but I have three daughters I want to see grow up. I'm not worried about me being safe, it's all the other a-holes in cars that don't see motorcycles and pull out in front of them. Always drive/ride defensively.

And speaking of my daughter's and things that are awesome....my oldest daughter won the the Massachusetts State Gymnastics Title for her level/age last Saturday in Holyoke MA. She kicked arse with a clean sweep, she took first place in all four events. I couldn't have been prouder!!!

post-330-0-88127600-1331240447_thumb.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

And speaking of my daughter's and things that are awesome....my oldest daughter won the the Massachusetts State Gymnastics Title for her level/age last Saturday in Holyoke MA. She kicked arse with a clean sweep, she took first place in all four events. I couldn't have been prouder!!!

post-330-0-88127600-1331240447_thumb.jpg

That's impressive -- congrats to her!

Awe-Some.

Why yes. Yes it is.

Wouldn't mind a cafe style bike though. Not that those can't be pretty and shiny but you get my point.

Mine's an ugly ol sum b*tch. Probably give yours tetanus :lol:

I love the cafe scene. Problem is I'm just too tall and lanky to ride em. I look out of place. My old 350 was perfect for it, but my 750 fits a lot nicer.

All us Sabrespace bikers aught to meet up at some point. You can all call triple A for me and have my bike towed when it won't start again.

1920x1200 resolution monitors are great. I do a ton of work in Word and Excel, and I've had a 23" 1080p monitor for years. I kept reading how 1200p monitors were so much better, and how you really notice the extra vertical resolution, but I never bought into it. But I just got a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M (I wanted a 27" model, but $1000 is too steep for me right now) and wow, the difference is so noticeable. Can fit fully zoomed Word docs on the screen without scrolling to see the bottom/top of the page, better for reading on the web, etc. Just fantastic. And the stand on this monitor is great too, fully adjustable height, swivel...and you can even rotate the screen vertically if you really want to zoom in and read documents on the full screen. Best $330 I've spent in quite some time.

Van Halen.....I can't believe there wasn't more chatter here about them coming.

I was shocked how amazing they were. I'm not a big fan of going to rock/pop concerts because the studio usually cleans things up for the majority....but considering these guys are 25 years out of their prime....just shocked. Eddie's kid was very good on bass and covered the vocals pretty solid as well.

I would have paid the money just to see Eddie play Eruption. Had to be 6-8 minutes and hit every style you could ask for. They had a 2 hour set and DLR was as charming as ever. He picks his spots now for screams and falsettos, but in tune the whole way. You get the feeling they are actually having fun up there and not mailing it in like the Springstiens and Bon Jovis.

Cross it off the bucket list.......

Van Halen.....I can't believe there wasn't more chatter here about them coming.

I was shocked how amazing they were. I'm not a big fan of going to rock/pop concerts because the studio usually cleans things up for the majority....but considering these guys are 25 years out of their prime....just shocked. Eddie's kid was very good on bass and covered the vocals pretty solid as well.

I would have paid the money just to see Eddie play Eruption. Had to be 6-8 minutes and hit every style you could ask for. They had a 2 hour set and DLR was as charming as ever. He picks his spots now for screams and falsettos, but in tune the whole way. You get the feeling they are actually having fun up there and not mailing it in like the Springstiens and Bon Jovis.

Cross it off the bucket list.......

Huh. Interesting. I heard they put out a new album with DLR leading and went looking for a video. Saw their first release, Tatoo, and thought "rubbish". Saw other vids from their current tour and DLR sounded awful on them. Eddie seemed like he hadn't lost anything but I kind of expected that. Bottom line, the stuff getting posted on youtube didn't sound like anything I wanted to pay to see.

And I didn't want to wreck the memories of VH at Rich Stadium. :D

Glad you enjoyed the show. Did it sell out?

Huh. Interesting. I heard they put out a new album with DLR leading and went looking for a video. Saw their first release, Tatoo, and thought "rubbish". Saw other vids from their current tour and DLR sounded awful on them. Eddie seemed like he hadn't lost anything but I kind of expected that. Bottom line, the stuff getting posted on youtube didn't sound like anything I wanted to pay to see.

And I didn't want to wreck the memories of VH at Rich Stadium. :D

Glad you enjoyed the show. Did it sell out?

Yeah, it pretty much sold out right off the bat. There were a sprinkling of seats available in the ripoff sections like the back of the floor, or the side where it cost 2x the next section over.

They played over 2 hours and mainly their old songs. I used some of the new stuff for beer/pee breaks.

DLR isn't 25 anymore, but he still holds together the essence. He would take some stuff easy or riff off of the melody for breathing points or not to kill himself, but he knows when he has to kick it. He's really funny and a nutball, but you can tell he just basks in the crowd. I'm pretty picky when it comes to music, and was happy by far. I'll check on line to see if I can find some of the stuff you saw.

Eddie too.....he's always been amazing, but reflexes shouldn't be that good at that age after all he's done. His son is improving as well. I remember when he first started playing with them and I was hesitant to ever think of going to see them, but his vocals were solid enough.

I was 8 when they were in their prime, but even then loved their music. I had to go out of obligation, but I would go 100/100 again. Kool&the Gang was a neat opener too. Probably only 40% saw it though.