SDS

Things that are AWESOME...

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Bucket list item.

It was visible from West Seneca last week.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It was visible from West Seneca last week.

It’s not quite the same.😀 

I saw them in Marsh Lake, Yukon a while back. We had just gotten done playing shinny and someone burst in to the 15x15 warming/changing hut to tell us that there were northern lights were happening. Someone killed the lights to the rink and parking lot and everyone filed outside to watch them. I’ll never forget that trip.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

@Wyldnwoody44 that's awesome man! Glad you were finally able to catch the lights. Third time's a charm

The first 3 look like 'stock photos' from Google Images.  The 4th one looks staged in Eleven's yard in West Seneca.  The last one could be anywhere that Woody would find a fake bear on a fake rock.

😉😋

When does this thread get renamed "where in the world is Woody?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

When does this thread get renamed "where in the world is Woody?"

In all fairness, I have kinda high jacked this thread lately lol. But it's with awesome things 😉 at least in my head. @New Scotland (NS)how did you know, next thing I know, you're gonna ramsack my green screen room 😉

The forecast is calling for good visibility tonight from the Chena Hot Springs where we will be spending the eve, so hopefully I can snap some better pics. 

• Thanks 1

Gosh darn it @Wyldnwoody44! I came here to post underwhelming pictures of my half assed travels and you go posting the damn Aurora! 

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

In all fairness, I have kinda high jacked this thread lately lol. But it's with awesome things 😉 at least in my head. @New Scotland (NS)how did you know, next thing I know, you're gonna ramsack my green screen room 😉

The forecast is calling for good visibility tonight from the Chena Hot Springs where we will be spending the eve, so hopefully I can snap some better pics. 

They are awesome things.  I have said before.  I loved those pictures.  There's no harm in you showcasing your fun. 

Sorry @ubkevbut I had to post round 2, I encourage you to post your awesome stuff up too!!!

These are mostly from Chena Hot Springs tonight, so cool sitting in the steaming waters northeast of fairbanks. 

0209_1.jpg

0209_4.jpg

0209_6.jpg

20190209_221258.jpg

• Like 2

Now that's classic!

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sorry @ubkevbut I had to post round 2, I encourage you to post your awesome stuff up too!!!

These are mostly from Chena Hot Springs tonight, so cool sitting in the steaming waters northeast of fairbanks. 

0209_1.jpg

0209_4.jpg

0209_6.jpg

20190209_221258.jpg

JFC is the sky illuminating the landscape in that color or is that your camera?   Either way, you're a lucky son of a bitch!

30 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

JFC is the sky illuminating the landscape in that color or is that your camera?   Either way, you're a lucky son of a bitch!

Thanks!! It's mostly the sky, opening the shutter speed a little help makes it pop. Either way, I don't think there's a picture I could take that would do justice to seeing it in person. 

56 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thanks!! It's mostly the sky, opening the shutter speed a little help makes it pop. Either way, I don't think there's a picture I could take that would do justice to seeing it in person. 

I'll bet.  Thanks for sharing your pics.  It's nice to live vicariously through someone else on their world travels especially this time of year.  Enjoy!

I love it when I "accidentally" hit those springy door stops with the vacuum.  The wife is going to kill me for it at some point, but I don't care.

Went out to Denali and went on a sweet dog sledding tour, I tried to post a 15 sec video, but it wouldn't load for some reason, also reppin the Sabres logo, even though they break my heart. 

20190211_105934.jpg

20190211_110729.jpg

20190211_111511.jpg

20190210_145844.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'm expecting selfies with aliens on Mars  next.

If there was a way for that to become a reality, I'd be all over it. 

In with the thread title change

download (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jsb said:

download (1).jpg

There are so many jokes to be had here, but I fear that they're all ban worthy.

• Haha 2

@Wyldnwoody44 I did the dog sledding thing when I was up in Quebec City back in HS/College days. To this day one of the most memorable and coolest experiences I've had. It was so cool to experience the culture and mindset of human/animal co-dependence and how their lifestyle is so different from what we are used to. It also helped that our sled dog team had all the "legit" dogs and not the in-training ones, so our sled of four bear dogs were way faster than everyone else's team of 6. 🍻

4 hours ago, jsb said:

download (1).jpg

OK now this is hilarious 

3 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

@Wyldnwoody44 I did the dog sledding thing when I was up in Quebec City back in HS/College days. To this day one of the most memorable and coolest experiences I've had. It was so cool to experience the culture and mindset of human/animal co-dependence and how their lifestyle is so different from what we are used to. It also helped that our sled dog team had all the "legit" dogs and not the in-training ones, so our sled of four bear dogs were way faster than everyone else's team of 6. 🍻

We had a sled of 10 and the amount of power and speed was mind blowing, they were all racing dogs and a bunch run the iditerod or at least have run it. The husky classic also rolled through fairbanks yesterday so we got to witness some high energy competition, def something everyone should try and do once in their life 

• Like 1