Jump to content
SDS

Things that are AWESOME...

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Might have been the narrator guy but thought it was Tom Keene or Ron can never remember which guy is which.

I only asked because Ron is from Kenmore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah that explains it gotta be Ron then had trouble hearing names...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That doesn't look like Springville, NY to me.

Hairy beasts humping, sounds about right.

From old our pal and former SabreSpacer... the importance of a comma: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/211519-nfl-films-presents-jack-nicklaus-admires-his-grandson-dolphins-tight-end-nick-oleary/

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Morocco is fascinating.  Always wanted to go there.

One of my good friends locally grew up in and had family in Morocco that he visits regularly. He keeps telling me I should join him in a trip sometime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

One of my good friends locally grew up in and had family in Morocco that he visits regularly. He keeps telling me I should join him in a trip sometime.

You should.  We have a *friend* that we met in Sarajevo that is from Morocco, but has lived in France most of his adult life.  He has always invited us to visit him and his family in Morocco

Our friend says that Morocco is great, but can be rough and rip-off artists abound.  One should go with someone from there if possible, especially if you want to see the *real* Morocco and not just the tourist traps of Casablanca and Marakkesh.

Of course, no one would want to miss seeing Rabah Kasbah, which is said to be the inspirtion for the awesome 'Rock The Casbah', which was written as a protest against the banning of all music in several, so called, Islamic (banning of music has no real foundation in Islam) counties, primarily Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit ago they brought Sully, President Bush's service dog, into the Capitol Rotunda.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

A bit ago they brought Sully, President Bush's service dog, into the Capitol Rotunda.

I have a neighbor who is currently training two dogs to be service dogs.  It's an interesting process to watch play out.  It's absolute torture for any little kids in the neighborhood.  They always want to run up and pet them and she has to shoot them down quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eBay and PayPal.

Yup.  If you recall recently I posted that I sold my first item on eBay.  A Paul Coffey rookie card for $45.

Well, the $ was just 'released' by PayPal ... it took some time since it was my first sale.

Transfered the $ into my bank account from my PayPal account.  

Now, I have to wait for 3 - 5 business days for the transaction to be completed.

Really?  More waiting?  Just give me my damn $.  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

All in all, it's all awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, shrader said:

I have a neighbor who is currently training two dogs to be service dogs.  It's an interesting process to watch play out.  It's absolute torture for any little kids in the neighborhood.  They always want to run up and pet them and she has to shoot them down quickly.

Same thing with K-9 handlers.  Typically no touch policy but you know damn well the dogs themselves want some affection and of course their handlers want it for them as well.  They're working though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have venison burgers grilling up right now. That, my friends, is awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all getting out of work early for a happy hour for my two good friends/coworkers who're gettin' hitched next week. Hooray booze! 

I'm excited for the wedding too. I even rented a nicer than usual dress so I can pretend I'm a fancy woman for one night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubkev said:

I have venison burgers grilling up right now. That, my friends, is awesome!

(insert power puke thingie right here)

1 hour ago, josie said:

We're all getting out of work early for a happy hour for my two good friends/coworkers who're gettin' hitched next week. Hooray booze! 

I'm excited for the wedding too. I even rented a nicer than usual dress so I can pretend I'm a fancy woman for one night. 

Who are you taking as a date?  Carter would never end up being very fancy no matter how nice a dress you rented for him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flew to NYC for a long weekend, first time I was able to see the tree at Rockafeller plaza. Pretty cool 

20181207_163243.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Flew to NYC for a long weekend, first time I was able to see the tree at Rockafeller plaza. Pretty cool 

20181207_163243.jpg

Nice, but it begs the question ... why did you shell out all that dough for a very nice house that you are never at?  And, when exactly do you work to pay for all this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

(insert power puke thingie right here)

Yeah yeah, take your Bosnian coffee and stuff it! 😛

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Flew to NYC for a long weekend, first time I was able to see the tree at Rockafeller plaza. Pretty cool 

20181207_163243.jpg

We do it every year and watch the Holiday light acrost the street at night.  It really neat.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Nice, but it begs the question ... why did you shell out all that dough for a very nice house that you are never at?  And, when exactly do you work to pay for all this?

I ask myself that a lot, I consider the house an investment, I honestly wasn't going to move out of my apartment; however, people that love meth moved in and the area went to hell. So when I decided to move I didn't wanna make a lateral move, I enjoy the house, and do in between trips. Chances are I'll slow down eventually. As for work, I work around 10 days a month or so at the hospital, long hours usually 12-16 hour days, and that's adequate. No alimony or support like many colleagues 😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ubkev said:

I have venison burgers grilling up right now. That, my friends, is awesome!

venison is soooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooood

I didn't think that as a kid, but eventually if you grow up needing to eat something you develop a taste for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

We do it every year and watch the Holiday light acrost the street at night.  It really neat.

I seen what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

venison is soooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooood

I didn't think that as a kid, but eventually if you grow up needing to eat something you develop a taste for it

In a previous life I did that with scotch and bourbon.  No way I'm eatin' Bambi. 

That said, I did 'date' a lovely girl in HS.  Named Barbara.  Nicknamed herself Bambi.  Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×