Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

6 hours ago, jsb said:

Thirty-third Wedding Anniversary today, I can barely believe she's put up with me all this time.

The important celebration date is 4 months from today: 1/3 of a century.  You'll have to pull out the old LP's.

Congrats!

46 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The important celebration date is 4 months from today: 1/3 of a century.  You'll have to pull out the old LP's.

Congrats!

I've got the LPs and in alphabetical order by Band/performer

Ever plan a 10 day vacation with almost no notice whatsoever? Whelp, I had one of those sprung on me this morning at 6am. So I just burned 56 hours of vacation time and I'll be off to Florida in 2 weeks. It will be a horrible 16 hour drive down and a horrible 16 hour drive back, but in the time in between I will be with just my wife and my dogs in a house with no internet and no TV and I'll be surfing and beach bumming for 10 days at New Smyrna Beach and Daytona Beach. Not even bringing my golf clubs.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2018 at 11:36 PM, ubkev said:

Ever plan a 10 day vacation with almost no notice whatsoever? Whelp, I had one of those sprung on me this morning at 6am. So I just burned 56 hours of vacation time and I'll be off to Florida in 2 weeks. It will be a horrible 16 hour drive down and a horrible 16 hour drive back, but in the time in between I will be with just my wife and my dogs in a house with no internet and no TV and I'll be surfing and beach bumming for 10 days at New Smyrna Beach and Daytona Beach. Not even bringing my golf clubs.

I have found in my experience, the ones not planned are the best ?

Also Africa is straight up outta this world

27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I have found in my experience, the ones not planned are the best ?

Also Africa is straight up outta this world

Note to self, don't complain too much about the heat in Florida in August while Woody is in Africa.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Yesterday I got stuck behind a cop going 60 in a 65 zone if the left lane on the highway.  I'd love to know what that guy was doing, but there was no chance in hell that I was going to pass him.

Wuss

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Yesterday I got stuck behind a cop going 60 in a 65 zone if the left lane on the highway.  I'd love to know what that guy was doing, but there was no chance in hell that I was going to pass him.

Psssh.  I hate when people bunch up behind cops like that.  If the cop is doing less than the speed limit, you know I'm passing him.

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Psssh.  I hate when people bunch up behind cops like that.  If the cop is doing less than the speed limit, you know I'm passing him.

Passing on the right can get you a ticket in some places.  Not sure about where shrader lives.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Passing on the right can get you a ticket in some places.  Not sure about where shrader lives.

I don't know if that's the case here.  But either way, traffic was just heavy enough that I would only get a short window where I definitely would have had to go over the limit to clear him/her in time.  So maybe it was a moving speed trap of some sort, I don't know.

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Technically I think they can ticket for that in Texas but no one every worries about that.  People pass wherever, all the time.

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

My son got his driver's license today (passed his road test on his 2nd try -- like his old man!).

This means that I no longer have to drive him to his summer job, which has a 6:00 AM starting time.

Halle-freakin'-lujah!

Good luck.  I hope you never have to deal with "first accident."  I did with both my boys.  They're fine drivers now, but there was a learning curve with no major injuries.