Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

RIT Women's Hockey finally going D1. It's been a long time coming.

Also, the Detroit Tigers are having a pretty great pre-season. I'm legit excited for baseball to start, and I don't even like it that much.

Not only D1, but into the CHA and immediately eligible for post season play!

and I'm pretty pump for baseball this season as well. I have no idea why either. I used to love it, but it's fallen down my list of favorite sports as of late...weird

The search function has its limitations, but you can use google to search the site - gives you better results for some searches.

Search within a specific website (site:)

Google allows you to specify that your search results must come from a given website. For example, the query

• [ iraq site:nytimes.com ] will return pages about Iraq but only from nytimes.com. The simpler queries [ iraq nytimes.com ] or [ iraq New York Times ] will usually be just as good, though they might return results from other sites that mention the New York Times. You can also specify a whole class of sites, for example [ iraq site:.gov ] will return results only from a .gov domain and [ iraq site:.iq ] will return results only from Iraqi sites.

The search function has its limitations, but you can use google to search the site - gives you better results for some searches. Search within a specific website (site:) Google allows you to specify that your search results must come from a given website. For example, the query
  • [ iraq site:nytimes.com ] will return pages about Iraq but only from nytimes.com. The simpler queries [ iraq nytimes.com ] or [ iraq New York Times ] will usually be just as good, though they might return results from other sites that mention the New York Times. You can also specify a whole class of sites, for example [ iraq site:.gov ] will return results only from a .gov domain and [ iraq site:.iq ] will return results only from Iraqi sites.

Now this might be awesome. I'll have to try it.

You can all call triple A for me and have my bike towed when it won't start again.

Real men self-propel. This is why bicycles are AWESOME. My collection:

1966 Ralieigh DL-1 Tourist (garage sale find)

100_4148-1.jpg

1973 Schwinn Varsity (rescued from the city dump)

1113090926-00.jpg

1983 Raleigh Marathon (pulled from a dumpster)

103_4527.jpg

1983 Raleigh Super Course (bought from a pawn shop... kind of)

P1200078.jpg

1994 Nishiki Sport XRS (another garage sale find)

PC170120.jpg

And finally, 2009 Schwinn Cutter, with a rear fixed-gear wheel that I built myself (this one the wife bought for me from the bike shop)

P1270060a.jpg

Edited by Doohickie

Tall guy in back. I'm the old man of the group at 43. Kinda funny that some of the guys are too young to drink to our win.

I was going to guess you were gray socks up front in the middle. Anyway, what's it like playing with those one's who can't even drink to celebrate? You've got just over 10 years on me but even I'd be tempted to run when I see those kids flying around on the ice.

I was going to guess you were gray socks up front in the middle. Anyway, what's it like playing with those one's who can't even drink to celebrate? You've got just over 10 years on me but even I'd be tempted to run when I see those kids flying around on the ice.

Now that's funny. FTR, she is one of our better skaters. Those young'ns might be able to skate circles around me, but at 6'4", my circle is a little bit bigger, so it kinda evens out. Also, knowing where to go and how to use your teamates sure beats skating hard. They seem to have to work harder because their game only exists within a 4 foot radius of themself.

Edited by SwampD

Real men self-propel. This is why bicycles are AWESOME. My collection:

I enjoy biking a lot. It's good exercise and lower impact than running which helps my knee.

I acquired my fathers 70s Royce Union Sutton Supreme last summer when he finally bought a new bike after 40 years or so.

post-1361-0-98751600-1332278774_thumb.jpg

If you want to do a quickie upgrade, get a ramped freewheel (the cog set on the rear wheel). Old freewheels had flat-toothed gears and the derailleur did all the work. When indexed shifting came on the scene in the mid-80s and replaced friction shifting, designers started playing with the cogs themselves and designed features in that help transfer the chain from one gear to the next with less effort by the derailleur. Put one of those ramped freewheels on, and it will shift much better, even with the old friction shifters.

414u6kwqytL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link, by the way, is to Niagara Cycle Works. They do a lot of mail order business, but if you're not too far from them, you can pick it up yourself and save the shipping costs.

Edited by Doohickie

Now that's funny. FTR, she is one of our better skaters. Those young'ns might be able to skate circles around me, but at 6'4", my circle is a little bit bigger, so it kinda evens out. Also, knowing where to go and how to use your teamates sure beats skating hard. They seem to have to work harder because their game only exists within a 4 foot radius of themself.

I hear you there. We've had two different kids filling that show off young guy roll over the last couple years. They both refuse to pass to all but 2 players on the team and they always try to do something flashy. Just the other day this kid was going in one-on-one with this flat footed 300 lb defenseman at the blue line. The solution should have been very simple, just go right around him. But no, he has to try some fancy dragging move through the guy's feet, which of course he screws up. I'll never understand it.

And we have 2 sets of gray socks on my team. They're not the best of skaters, but I'm pretty sure they have a laser sight on their stick whenever they make passes.

Anyone who wants a good 25 minutes of awesome go here:

http://video.sabres....=WSH34&fr=false

You can watch highlights of the last five games, all wins by the Sabres.

I would recommend starting with the Tampa game and progressing to the Washington game.

I just did it, giving a big WOOOO! after each goal.

AWESOME!

Copilots. With everything that is so completely screwed up in the passenger airline industry, at least they (the airlines, the FAA, the whatever) are smart enough not to have cut the requirement of having copilots on commercial passenger flights.

Copilots. With everything that is so completely screwed up in the passenger airline industry, at least they (the airlines, the FAA, the whatever) are smart enough not to have cut the requirement of having copilots on commercial passenger flights.

if the airline industry cuts the co-pilot, i officially renounce flying. i'll funnel all funds that i would have paid for an airline ticket into a gas and extra car maintenance fund and drive everywhere.