Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Macbook Pro

iPhone - bought it and hoped it would live up to the hype - it does!

Schilke B1 - any other trumpet geeks around?

Genesis - Seconds Out

Weber Genesis gas grill - someone else mentioned it, mine sits on the deck 24/7/365 and is AWESOME

Thrustmaster Cougar w/U2 NXT mod

hacked Nook Tablet - now a Nook/Fire hybrid

Agree about station wagons. On a related note, a hatchback that is big enough to be practical, and stylish or powerful enough enough eschew dweebiness, is awesome. Civic Si or Golf GTI's are pretty rad. I took out the back seats in my Honda and use it more or less as a pickup truck. I could sleep back there in a pinch.

Station wagons. Most SUV's are just glorified station wagons. The Dodge Magnum really is a great piece. It's everything people wanted the Roadmaster and the Caprice to be back in the 90s. But GM wouldn't update them to compete with the SUV market, so SUV's won out. Obviously the minivan is the peak of practicality while at the same time being the antithesis of cool. Station wagons on the other hand? They're the great American road trip machine. The Chevy Nomad is a legend in a way the Belair itself could never be. And that makes it cool. I demand station wagons make a comeback. They can hold just as many people and just as much cargo as a big SUV, but they ride like a car and get at least 10 mpg more on the highway than any truck. Let's get over the SUV, folks.

What are you talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

Edited by Claude_Verret

No.

There was chatter that the new Quest was going to be rear wheel drive, which would have been huge. But alas it was not meant to be. FWD is just more practical and provides more cabin space.

That just means you have to do your doughnuts backward.

No.

There was chatter that the new Quest was going to be rear wheel drive, which would have been huge. But alas it was not meant to be. FWD is just more practical and provides more cabin space.

I was kidding, I just remembered those swagger wagon videos from last year when my wife finally broke down and wanted a mini van. They are most certainly not cool, but boy are they worth it on those 11 hour road trips to Buffalo. We went with the Odyssey.

I was kidding, I just remembered those swagger wagon videos from last year when my wife finally broke down and wanted a mini van. They are most certainly not cool, but boy are they worth it on those 11 hour road trips to Buffalo. We went with the Odyssey.

Odessey is a nice van. My parents recently bought a new Town and Country. That thing is like a spaceship inside. They don't even let you open your down doors anymore. There's accent lighting and everything is powered.

http://www.timelapseplus.com/

for any of you budding or seasoned photographers, if your camera doesn't already support time lapse photography, this thing is going to set your world on fire when its released. i got in early and supported the project. the engineer guy is taking a LOT of feedback from the project backers and incorporating the best ideas into the firmware.

for this coming road trip i'm taking to buffalo, and with the stops we're making in moab, i stand to make some pretty sweet time lapse vids. won't have to drag a laptop out to the shooting location; can just leave the device attached to the port, secure it with some velcro to the tripod, and let it do its thing for the next however many hours. i'm hoping to capture the rising and/or setting of the center of the milky way, something like this:

http://youtu.be/KySThq5CxLI