Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Sorel slippers are worth every penny.

As to bass players.

Upright - Eberhard Weber,Charlie Haden,Dave Holland,Miroslav Vitous,Scott Lafaro(the bass player is like the 3 point shooter, usually reserved for the white guy).

Electric - Jaco (of course),Jimmy Haslip,Victor Wooten,John Paul Jones(of course)

Sorel slippers are worth every penny.

As to bass players.

Upright - Eberhard Weber,Charlie Haden,Dave Holland,Miroslav Vitous,Scott Lafaro(the bass player is like the 3 point shooter, usually reserved for the white guy).

Electric - Jaco (of course),Jimmy Haslip,Victor Wooten,John Paul Jones(of course)

How did Edgar Meyer get left off of your upright list? He's the Wayne Gretzky of that instrument.

Queen size beds. which brings me to things that are not awesome: twin beds.

girlfriend has a twin size bed in her room where she is staying at the hospital where she is shadowing...makes sleeping there tricky. I'm 6'4", roughly 250 LBS...good thing she's pretty small in comparison lol.

Other awesome things: like Ink said: tax returns. Also: Profit sharing checks (I get one here soon!). lastly: snow...I've been on my skiis once so far this year...they are yearning to get back on the slopes.

girlfriend has a twin size bed in her room where she is staying at the hospital where she is shadowing...makes sleeping there tricky. I'm 6'4", roughly 250 LBS...good thing she's pretty small in comparison lol.

Other awesome things: like Ink said: tax returns. Also: Profit sharing checks (I get one here soon!). lastly: snow...I've been on my skiis once so far this year...they are yearning to get back on the slopes.

Excuse me!

No lamb for you!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Try sharing a twin a week after knee surgery.

Another thing that I find awesome, both subjectively and objectively, is the artistic skill of my lovely girlfriend. So I'm going to shamelessly plug her work here. ;)

http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/

From hockey players to cartoons to nature's creatures to really abstract twisted stuff, she's a style chameleon.

Just to rope you guys in, here's a recent digital painting of Lanny McDonald.

lanny.png

That is some great artwork......

That is some great artwork......

Thanks bud

Just to stay on topic, things that are awesome:

The current price of computers.

I just broke down and bought a new desktop for the first time since 2003. My old warhorse has served me well but it was time.

Picked up an ASUS CM1740-04 at Best Buy for under $600. 1 TB hard drive, 8gigs RAM expandable to 16. 2.4GHz AMD processor. Windows 7 preloaded. I'm an ASUS fanboy and the upgrade potential plus things like USB 3.0 seemed like a no brainer.

This should be quite the upgrade from my old Pentium III cob-job with .996 GHz and 512MB RAM :o

Amazon mp3 (and most things Amazon really...Amazon prime, used textbooks, etc.)

Multi-monitor setups for any significant computer work

Wegmans' beer selection

Bluetooth-enabled car stereos

Citizen eco-drive watches

Coffee

snip

This should be quite the upgrade from my old Pentium III cob-job with .996 GHz and 512MB RAM :o

Holy crap! You should think you're using a super computer with your new system.

Amazon mp3 (and most things Amazon really...Amazon prime, used textbooks, etc.)

Multi-monitor setups for any significant computer work

Wegmans' beer selection

Bluetooth-enabled car stereos

Citizen eco-drive watches

Coffee

Holy crap! You should think you're using a super computer with your new system.

That's basically the selling point. I figured I'd wait as long as I could before I really needed a new one. I'm not a gamer or anything so I've never needed to upgrade and this old computer absolutely will not die. It has been running 24/7/365 for about 6 years now. Not a hiccup.

Not bad for something I bought on ebay second hand for about $250. :blink:

This ASUS should be solid. Upgradable for longevity, and capable of doing everything I need and more at the current time. Backing up the factory install as we speak and then I'll throw my wireless card in it and start pulling stuff off the backup HD.

A fun night for me.

edit: holy cow this thing is bananas!

Edited by d4rksabre

Thanks bud

Just to stay on topic, things that are awesome:

The current price of computers.

I just broke down and bought a new desktop for the first time since 2003. My old warhorse has served me well but it was time.

Picked up an ASUS CM1740-04 at Best Buy for under $600. 1 TB hard drive, 8gigs RAM expandable to 16. 2.4GHz AMD processor. Windows 7 preloaded. I'm an ASUS fanboy and the upgrade potential plus things like USB 3.0 seemed like a no brainer.

I work at Best Buy, and virtually try to sell an ASUS to every customer. For college next year, I want one of the G74 gaming laptops that weighs nine pounds :wub: