Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Another thing that I find awesome, both subjectively and objectively, is the artistic skill of my lovely girlfriend. So I'm going to shamelessly plug her work here. ;)

http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/

I took a peek ...

She has real talent ... is the photo on page one really her?

There is one of her "boyfriend" sitting and reading the paper, or something. Is that you? There is a resemblance to your avatar.

I've only seen about half of season 2. I don't disagree though. (I just saw the episode the other night where Louie hooks up with the single mom from his daughter's class -- holy mackerel.) More generally, I think that comedies tend to get better after the first year as everyone sharpens things up.

That was a great one. Just wait 'til you get to "Come on, God". :worthy: I was in stitches during the entirety of that episode.

I love how the show derives humor by examining life from honest, intriguing angles, rather than just fishing for cheap laughs like pretty much every network comedy.

I took a peek ...

She has real talent ... is the photo on page one really her?

There is one of her "boyfriend" sitting and reading the paper, or something. Is that you? There is a resemblance to your avatar.

Yep, that's her.

And yes, that's me. The avatar is Clint Eastwood from Coogan's Bluff, but I suppose a share a very minute resemblance... :P

She'll appreciate that. She just texted me wondering why her blog was getting a ton of hits all of a sudden. ;)

If she can do a 30-minute Gilbert Perreault, I'll use it as my avatar and link to her blog in my sig. Hell, even if she can do a stylized numeral 11. Korab and I have agreed that the silhouette must go, especially in light of his reversion to the Hedgehog, if the Sabres are to win more games this year.

Another thing that I find awesome, both subjectively and objectively, is the artistic skill of my lovely girlfriend. So I'm going to shamelessly plug her work here. ;) http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/ From hockey players to cartoons to nature's creatures to really abstract twisted stuff, she's a style chameleon. Just to rope you guys in, here's a recent digital painting of Lanny McDonald. lanny.png

Very cool. I envy people with artistic talent like that, stick figures are about the best I can do. Terry Sawchuk is awesome.

She'll appreciate that. She just texted me wondering why her blog was getting a ton of hits all of a sudden. ;)

If she can do a 30-minute Gilbert Perreault, I'll use it as my avatar and link to her blog in my sig. Hell, even if she can do a stylized numeral 11. Korab and I have agreed that the silhouette must go, especially in light of his reversion to the Hedgehog, if the Sabres are to win more games this year.

Very cool. I envy people with artistic talent like that, stick figures are about the best I can do. Terry Sawchuk is awesome.

I too think her drawings are cool, and I too dig the Lanny and Sawchuk ones. And if she's taking requests for avatars, I'd love one of Lindy -- bloodied (figuratively) but unbowed.

I think she'd be more than happy to do that. I'll find a good Gilbert shot unless you have one in mind. I'll let you know when she posts it to her blog and you can go steal it. ;)

I too think her drawings are cool, and I too dig the Lanny and Sawchuk ones. And if she's taking requests for avatars, I'd love one of Lindy -- bloodied (figuratively) but unbowed.

Easy enough. I'll pose that to her as well.

Ford F150

My fireplace

Event Opal speakers.

Panini maker.

Warwick Thumb bass.

CDs. They just sound better than mp3s.

Macbook Pro

Ipod touch.

Mini-fridge in man-cave filled with Blue.

P-Touch

So much agreed on CDs.

What is a thumb bass? (I'm a former upright player but never got into the electric game.)

My Sabres playoff beard. I started it January 3rd. I'm not shaving it until the boys win three in a row, climb to 8th in the standings, or I feel like it. :)

Sinse the Sabres are not likely to make the playoffs this season ...

I can see a possible ZZ Top moment coming in April 2013, or beyond :P .

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Another thing that I find awesome, both subjectively and objectively, is the artistic skill of my lovely girlfriend. So I'm going to shamelessly plug her work here. ;)

http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/

From hockey players to cartoons to nature's creatures to really abstract twisted stuff, she's a style chameleon.

That's awesome stuff! As someone with almost zero artistic/creative talent (my mom and brother it, while my dad and I are the science geeks), I really admire that ability in others. :thumbsup:

So much agreed on CDs.

What is a thumb bass? (I'm a former upright player but never got into the electric game.)

Just a model name. I bought a used 4 string version of the one I linked to.

I think he meant thumbass...

But it's pronounced thume-ah.

First thing that popped in my head were KY and nipple cream. I'm a terrible person.

You are gonna make Ligers' head go kaboom.

There is a joke hidden somewhere in all this...

PS3's with their blu-ray and all around awesomeness

1969 Dodge Chargers

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-Jump-Swamp-1600x1200.jpg

Rossignol Snowboards

Edited by LGR4GM

Apple computers. I've never had one crash on me. Can't say the same thing about everything else that's powered by Microsoft.

John 00 Fleming. (Yes, I've brought him up before on the Songs You Can't Get Out of Your Head thread, but he has to be one of the best Trance DJ's out there.)

Good theological resources like the ones I linked to.

If you don't mind me asking, who are some of your favorite bass players? Since you mentioned upright, I don't know of too many out there, but I enjoy John Patitucci's bass playing.

So much agreed on CDs.

Learning that other people are bassists too.

Self-built computers.

When the pond is frozen.

When my girlfriend's home.

The Flecktones.

My siblings.

Timpani.

Charlie's Grilled Subs.

Creative writing.

DriveImage XML.

It's a great way to backup everything on your computers ... not just data, but it makes a mirror image of everything, including software and e-mail. Makes a recovery point without the hastle when using Windows recovery. I appreciate that there are many Apple users on board and I would think this software would be just as useful in an Apple environment, but I'm not sure. The price is right ... free from downloads.com.

I use XML as outlined primarily for business purposed and create the image files on a portable hard drive (also awesome) and store them off site in a safe place. Rotate the hard disks (2) weekly to ensure a regular backup of everything. Do this every Saturday morning.

I used to use Norton Ghost, but was frustrated with the fact that it, like all Norton products, really bogged the system down by always running in the background. XML does not do that. Am using it as we speak.

Awesome!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS