Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I’ve only been out there 2-3 times. I first went at 29 or 30 years old after being a lifelong hockey player. I knew it was going to happen pretty quickly, but it took about 5 minutes before I tried to cross over after a stop. 

I see all the teens on the hill and I'm trying to go full on Scott Stevens, open ice style lol. 

Too bad they're all faster and better than me. 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just learned how to Ski less than a year ago, last night I hit 38 Mph going down a nice blue run. Having an ice skating background def helped a ton with picking it up. 

I don't know how fast beginners typically go, but I think my life flashed before my eyes a couple times 😂😂 I just dug the edges in and kept flying. I'm sad I didn't pick this sport up earlier in life. 

Started downhill very early 20's.  Had done cross country for a few years & skated forever.

Once the kid finally twigged onto going faster allows you to maneuver, it got a lot more fun.

Unfortunately it rained in Oregon, we were going to go skiing at MT Bachelor... sigh... but good news beer league team won tonight 3-0 ... primary assist on 2nd goal drop pass went to the net screened goalie as puck whistled passed both myself and the goalie... back breaking goal... last one was an empty netter sealing the deal... Was a tight game 0-0 going into the third...  Now back at work still on an adrenaline rush.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Unfortunately it rained in Oregon, we were going to go skiing at MT Bachelor... sigh... but good news beer league team won tonight 3-0 ... primary assist on 2nd goal drop pass went to the net screened goalie as puck whistled passed both myself and the goalie... back breaking goal... last one was an empty netter sealing the deal... Was a tight game 0-0 going into the third...  Now back at work still on an adrenaline rush.

This rain is crazy, I remember going downtown for NYE and being frozen waiting for the ball drop. Today it may be close to 60 degrees. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This rain is crazy, I remember going downtown for NYE and being frozen waiting for the ball drop. Today it may be close to 60 degrees. 

Come on, you’re a doctor. You should know that they pull in closer to the body as a defense mechanism for the cold. 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hey if you are not too hung over stop by St Joes on NY day... Ill be working 3-11, Im in Yonkers.

Edited by North Buffalo

• 3 weeks later...

I was pulled over by a sheriff this morning for speeding. 69 in a 55. (Giggidy) I immediately admitted my guilt.

He took a good look at the supplementary stickers by my registration.

He asked if I had been working. I gave him a look, I said “We’re always working.”  He smiled. Told him last site I’d been at and the wonky reason why.

He said “You’re all good. Just have to run your license to make sure you’re not wanted” with a grin.

He gave me it back and then said “Keep up the good work. We’re all behind what you guys are doing.”

Then I tried to recruit him! 😎

(btw, this was a short, bright moment in my bay-***** crazy job, which is also my 25/7 life until I resign or retire!🤪)

21 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I was pulled over by a sheriff this morning for speeding. 69 in a 55. (Giggidy) I immediately admitted my guilt.

He took a good look at the supplementary stickers by my registration.

He asked if I had been working. I gave him a look, I said “We’re always working.”  He smiled. Told him last site I’d been at and the wonky reason why.

He said “You’re all good. Just have to run your license to make sure you’re not wanted” with a grin.

He gave me it back and then said “Keep up the good work. We’re all behind what you guys are doing.”

Then I tried to recruit him! 😎

(btw, this was a short, bright moment in my bay-***** crazy job, which is also my 25/7 life until I resign or retire!🤪)

What is it you guys are doing that they are “all behind “?

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

What is it you guys are doing that they are “all behind “?

Employing, Training, Organizing, Dispatching, Recruiting, Solving disputes, Mentoring young people.

Lifting people out of poverty into a strong middle class.

I had just come from the VA. We were invited in to clean up a mess left by the less trained. The sheriff greatly appreciated it.

FTR, I greatly appreciate what he does as well. The level at which I appreciate his kind financially was reflected by the supplementary stickers.

Nothing special to most.

• 2 weeks later...

We adopted a cat Saturday... the gray tabby in the picture.

image.thumb.png.cecef31544612b0f800576771db08672.png

We now have five animals in the menagerie:

• Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the Realm (13 year old hound/shepherd) (familiar:  Winston)
  • Shonen (Japanese for "youth or young man") (7 year old border collie mix) (familiar:  Shonen, Sho)
  • Princess Zelda (6 year old heeler mix, pictured above) (familiar:  Zelda)
  • Ignacio Butterscotch, Earl of Purrington (1.5 year old orange tabby) (familiar:  Iggy)
  • Sullivan Baloo, Corporal of the Queen's Guard (6 month old gray tabby) (familiar:  Sully)

Note:  All names are as revealed to us by the animal in question.  We didn't make any of these up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I just got a shipment of tamales. The girl up the street is fundraising for a school trip to Portugal, selling tamales for $15/dozen. So I got 4 dozen. They're STILL WARM. I've had food from her, her mama and her abuela before; they know their stuff.

But will that last one still be warm by the time you eat it?  Don't worry, we won't judge you either way.

16 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I just got a shipment of tamales. The girl up the street is fundraising for a school trip to Portugal, selling tamales for $15/dozen. So I got 4 dozen. They're STILL WARM. I've had food from her, her mama and her abuela before; they know their stuff.

Can she ship to Rochester?  Not asking for a friend.. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1