Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

There's a series of beginning guitar lessons (if that's where you're at) on the Youtube page for the Fort Worth Library.  They're taught by Jacob Furr, a local singer-songwriter that I've seen a few times.  When I get a chance I plan to get a guitar and see how good the lessons are.  When I liked the Tweet about the lessons, Jacob responded and said to let him know if I had any questions.

I step on the ice for the first time in... 3 years? tonight. If I don't post on here tomorrow and then for the next year it won't be because I stepped away again. It'll be because I did not survive.

But damn.. am I excited.  Also certain I am going to feel how old I am.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LTS said:

I step on the ice for the first time in... 3 years? tonight. If I don't post on here tomorrow and then for the next year it won't be because I stepped away again. It'll be because I did not survive.

Still playing but hadnt in a month in a half... went for stix and pucks the other day to warm up and legs were on fire afterwards

12 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Still playing but hadnt in a month in a half... went for stix and pucks the other day to warm up and legs were on fire afterwards

i survived! Somehow I blocked a shot with my right foot.. twice.. both times not how you are supposed to block a shot. Got the inside of the ankle bone and the outside.. the inside still stings and is bruised nicely.

But that's not the worst pain.. nope.  The worst pain?  My ribs.  As my brain said, dive on the ice to clear a loose puck... and my body, after the fact, told my brain, "You are not smart, and this IS a pain that is going to linger."  So my ribs.. yeah.. they hurt.

I'm old.. I misplayed so many pucks.. but it was awesome to be on the ice!

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, LTS said:

i survived! Somehow I blocked a shot with my right foot.. twice.. both times not how you are supposed to block a shot. Got the inside of the ankle bone and the outside.. the inside still stings and is bruised nicely.

But that's not the worst pain.. nope.  The worst pain?  My ribs.  As my brain said, dive on the ice to clear a loose puck... and my body, after the fact, told my brain, "You are not smart, and this IS a pain that is going to linger."  So my ribs.. yeah.. they hurt.

I'm old.. I misplayed so many pucks.. but it was awesome to be on the ice!

Feels great doesnt it!

On 9/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, LTS said:

It’s been 7 for me. The rinks are too scattered around here to make it worthwhile. They’re building one in my town though. I’m hoping that will be my gateway back in. 

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Feels great doesnt it!

Mentally.. yes.  This morning my ribs still hurt.. and sneezing is not fun. But I'll live.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

It’s been 7 for me. The rinks are too scattered around here to make it worthwhile. They’re building one in my town though. I’m hoping that will be my gateway back in. 

That's a bummer.  It's great that we have so many sheets right around us. I'm less than 30 minutes from 10.. across 5 different arenas.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

When I click on the link it takes me to a post from 2021 so I'm not sure what it is you're sharing.

Try again, if you're inclined. I clicked the embedded post and, if you scroll down in the linked post, you will see a post from this Monday -- I quoted other posts from 2021 when posting on Monday because they're all of a piece (and the 2021 posts show that PSE was in on the East Side before May 14, 2022) -- and those quote posts may have misled you.

Also, I'm glad to learn that the "WTF" response was the product of an internetting issue.

Also also, here's the media that I posted on Monday and cross posted here -- my only comment was "My hat tips to PSE continue. This is really something."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on being in a Full Send ∆8THC gummy haze until I have to work on Monday.

I cut them into quarters (about 8.3mg). They truly are the only thing that make me feel like I don't half to puke all the dang time.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/7/2022 at 7:18 PM, SwampD said:

I plan on being in a Full Send ∆8THC gummy haze until I have to work on Monday.

I cut them into quarters (about 8.8mg). They truly are the only thing that make me feel like I don't half to puke all the dang time.

Good to hear that you are finding the things that get you through your day. One day at a time, working hard to make tomorrow better and most importantly never, NEVER giving up. 

I played hockey every year from 1993-1994 until 2008-2009. I joined the Marines in 2009 and never put my skates back on--that is until this August when I agreed to coach the 7 year old's 8U House team.

Yesterday, I beat the 8U team in 5 on 1 hockey and I didn't even have a goalie in my net. I'm planning to immediately declare my draft eligibility.

In all seriousness, coaching has turned out to be a lot of fun. I was admittedly terrified I wasn't going to be able to skate, but it's weirdly like I never stopped. It didn't take more than 2-3 minutes to get my feet back under me. Honestly, I didn't realize how much I missed the ice. I'm glad the kid decided he wanted to start playing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I played hockey every year from 1993-1994 until 2008-2009. I joined the Marines in 2009 and never put my skates back on--that is until this August when I agreed to coach the 7 year old's 8U House team.

Yesterday, I beat the 8U team in 5 on 1 hockey and I didn't even have a goalie in my net. I'm planning to immediately declare my draft eligibility.

In all seriousness, coaching has turned out to be a lot of fun. I was admittedly terrified I wasn't going to be able to skate, but it's weirdly like I never stopped. It didn't take more than 2-3 minutes to get my feet back under me. Honestly, I didn't realize how much I missed the ice. I'm glad the kid decided he wanted to start playing.

Coaching is a blast.  You pretty much get to spend all your time time at the rink with the kids and your manager has to deal with the adults.  And if you're the head coach, you get to tell other people where to put the cones.  😉 What's not to love?

• Agree 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, RochesterExpat said:

The rinks are pretty scarce here in NC. They’re building one in my home town. I can’t wait. That place should be up and running once my 9 month old is ready to play. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The rinks are pretty scarce here in NC. They’re building one in my home town. I can’t wait. That place should be up and running once my 9 month old is ready to play. 

Where in NC are you? We used to have to drive two hours for practice when I was going to App.