Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Sat through one of those timeshare things, got 2 free days at Sea World with free parking, free airboat tour, 175$ cash, and a voucher for a week free at one of the properties. 

I'm at Sea World today hanging with the Orcas, they called me back to do another 1 hour session to try and sell me and offered even more free stuff, I may just have to do it. 

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sat through one of those timeshare things, got 2 free days at Sea World with free parking, free airboat tour, 175$ cash, and a voucher for a week free at one of the properties. 

I'm at Sea World today hanging with the Orcas, they called me back to do another 1 hour session to try and sell me and offered even more free stuff, I may just have to do it. 

A: my parents made me sit through one of those ***** time share pitches when I was on vacation in Vegas when I was 17. I still haven't forgiven them. It may be the trashiest thing we've ever done as a family.

B: I took the family to Sea World in 2015, then when we got home I had my wife watch Blackfish with me. She cried for 2 straight hours. I was laughing so hard on the inside I almost passed out. Not laughing at Sea World's treatment of it's animals, that's gross. More laughing at my wife's childlike view of animals living in captivity. 

"Daddy, how do they get a bear to ride a bike?" 

"They nail his feet to the pedals and beat the ***** out of him! He's not riding, he's running. He just happens to be attached to the bike." - Robert Schimmel

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

A: my parents made me sit through one of those ***** time share pitches when I was on vacation in Vegas when I was 17. I still haven't forgiven them. It may be the trashiest thing we've ever done as a family.

B: I took the family to Sea World in 2015, then when we got home I had my wife watch Blackfish with me. She cried for 2 straight hours. I was laughing so hard on the inside I almost passed out. Not laughing at Sea World's treatment of it's animals, that's gross. More laughing at my wife's childlike view of animals living in captivity. 

"Daddy, how do they get a bear to ride a bike?" 

"They nail his feet to the pedals and beat the ***** out of him! He's not riding, he's running. He just happens to be attached to the bike." - Robert Schimmel

Yeah, it's not good, it's all kinda crap. But I like to be thrifty sometimes and that's a lot of stuff for 90 minutes of my time. 

As for zoos/aquariums etc, they are sad, I can get behind places that take animals that have no chance of survival in the wild and keep them. I just also happen to really like Roller coasters and they have a bunch 😂

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yeah, it's not good, it's all kinda crap. But I like to be thrifty sometimes and that's a lot of stuff for 90 minutes of my time. 

As for zoos/aquariums etc, they are sad, I can get behind places that take animals that have no chance of survival in the wild and keep them. I just also happen to really like Roller coasters and they have a bunch 😂

90 minutes? You lucky SOB! I was there for 3 damn hours! And they sold my parents on one for 2 years(they did actually end up using it, but they got out of it as soon as they could.)

Oh I wasn't judging you for the zoo thing, just more of me being an ass. The coasters at Sea World aren't half bad. The on thing that stuck with me though was how bad the penguins stink. It's just ice covered in flightless bird poop in that enclosure. 🤮 And the beluga whales are about the cutest sea creatures ever.

22 minutes ago, ubkev said:

90 minutes? You lucky SOB! I was there for 3 damn hours! And they sold my parents on one for 2 years(they did actually end up using it, but they got out of it as soon as they could.)

Oh I wasn't judging you for the zoo thing, just more of me being an ass. The coasters at Sea World aren't half bad. The on thing that stuck with me though was how bad the penguins stink. It's just ice covered in flightless bird poop in that enclosure. 🤮 And the beluga whales are about the cutest sea creatures ever.

They were awesome, and I skipped the penguins as the line was kinda long. I got to rock the coasters in the AM before all the families showed up! Yeah the guy knew right away I wasn't buying, when I started talking about my travel experiences, they know I would never buy a timeshare 😂😂 actually at the end, I made friends with the sales manager and he wanted to recreate a travel wall like I have in my living room. 

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I hate marketing with a passion, especially marketing for something I'll never buy.

I feel ya there, it's everywhere. We eat it up in droves as a society though. People will go to the Coke flagship store and drop a ton of money on Merchandise, just to be free advertisement for the product. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Clearly you don't watch South Park.

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm down in El Salvador again, I just love this country. Amazing coffee, people are so kind, weather is great. I could see myself retiring here or Albania someday. 

Albania, huh. Did Liam Neeson finally get rid of the riffraff there?

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

TIL that Perreault set the record for rookie goal scoring.

I happened to look at the scoring number for those mid-70s teams today (long story). Nuts that the entire FC line was in the top-10/15 in goals and points those years, along with Gare too. That must have been something, lol. I remember how fun those late 90s teams were where there'd be one guy over 30 goals, but like 6 more over 20. I might actually start watching again if it felt like any line on the team could score.

• Like (+1) 1

This isn't awesome overall, idk where to post this, but this day has been insane, and not in the best way. 

I was at a beach in Eastern El Salvador with a friend and her family. We rented an 8 Bedroom house on the beach and we were enjoying the day a lot. We went for a swim in the Pacific.... This is where it gets awful. 

I ventured out into the waves (I was previous Navy) so I'm comfortable with this, my friend, Maria decided to follow me. I told her to stay back but she went ahead of me.... The waves grabbed her an pulled her out to sea. I swam as hard as I could as she yelled help and was drifting away, but I could not break the current at all. 

I swam back to the shore, her family was in a panic (rightfully so) I ran to the closest casa with a boat and we took off on a rescue mission....We found her wayyyy out past the breakers, alive thankfully but in rough shape. Oxygen on shore was only 70% and she was full of sea water and in shock. I got her stabilized with the help of some locals. 

We called the beach vacation over and are driving to a hospital in San Salvador now. I feel so bad that I couldn't reach her and I feel so awful. Thankfully, she will make a full recovery it seems. The ocean is a Mother F***ER and when the tides change, we are helpless. 

• Shocked 4

25 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This isn't awesome overall, idk where to post this, but this day has been insane, and not in the best way. 

I was at a beach in Eastern El Salvador with a friend and her family. We rented an 8 Bedroom house on the beach and we were enjoying the day a lot. We went for a swim in the Pacific.... This is where it gets awful. 

I ventured out into the waves (I was previous Navy) so I'm comfortable with this, my friend, Maria decided to follow me. I told her to stay back but she went ahead of me.... The waves grabbed her an pulled her out to sea. I swam as hard as I could as she yelled help and was drifting away, but I could not break the current at all. 

I swam back to the shore, her family was in a panic (rightfully so) I ran to the closest casa with a boat and we took off on a rescue mission....We found her wayyyy out past the breakers, alive thankfully but in rough shape. Oxygen on shore was only 70% and she was full of sea water and in shock. I got her stabilized with the help of some locals. 

We called the beach vacation over and are driving to a hospital in San Salvador now. I feel so bad that I couldn't reach her and I feel so awful. Thankfully, she will make a full recovery it seems. The ocean is a Mother F***ER and when the tides change, we are helpless. 

Glad you got to her in time.  Hope she has a full recovery.

Scary arse stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Holy ***** dude! Glad she's presumably going to be ok and I'm glad that's over with for all of you. 

5 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Holy ***** dude! Glad she's presumably going to be ok and I'm glad that's over with for all of you. 

She's admitted at the hospital in downtown San Salvador now, a pulmonologist was consulted. She's OK at the moment, but we have to worry about pulmonary Edema from the excess salt water. Sometimes it can be delayed onset so monitoring is key right now. 

I fear that she will fear the beach from now on. 

47 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

She's admitted at the hospital in downtown San Salvador now, a pulmonologist was consulted. She's OK at the moment, but we have to worry about pulmonary Edema from the excess salt water. Sometimes it can be delayed onset so monitoring is key right now. 

I fear that she will fear the beach from now on. 

Fingers crossed, hoping everything turns out alright and this will be just another story.

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Crazy terrifying story.  Hope that she recovers without any setbacks.