Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

I don't practice much formal observance any more but seems to me ash wednesday is that day

Seems strange sending you a beer as a thank you for this information, but it is what it is.

Thanks.  Now that you mention it I remember Ash Wednesday being a pretty big day in at least one of my lifetimes ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Seems strange sending you a beer as a thank you for this information, but it is what it is.

Thanks.  Now that you mention it I remember Ash Wednesday being a pretty big day in at least one of my lifetimes ago.

Especially considering neither one of us drinks etoh

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, North Buffalo said:

It is the beginning of Lent and ends with Easter so its actually 40 days.  Judaism and Islam more efficient in that regard 

Ramadan is more like Lent in that it's the fasting month.  

I really don't remember Ash Wednesday being along the same lines as Yom Kippur and Arafah, which are both considered the day of atonment for all our sins against God and our fellow creatures of God.  Marked by fasting, prayers (all day) and asking for forgivness.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

It is the beginning of Lent and ends with Easter so its actually 40 days.  Judaism and Islam more efficient in that regard 

The fact that I'm an ass means I have to say that Lent ends on Holy Thursday, not Easter.

Edited by ubkev
For Catholics

On 7/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yes sir, surely am 

Sorry about all the termoil, but it seems like it's for the best from what you have shared here.

You will be finer than fine.  Now you can travel with your sister again ... 

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

+++++

In other awesome news ... Eid al Adha is always awesome.  Hajj has ended.  A million pilgrims were allowed on Hajj this year, which is low for most years pre COVID, but the first time in 3 years that more than only a handful of locals were allowed into Mecca.  New Year is coming in about 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife had a decent day.  The pain from her knee was getting really bad but today it seemed to be much less than what she's been dealing with.  I hope it's the start of a trend.  (If not I may have to buy more leather belts for her to bite on.)

• 2 weeks later...