Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Hasbro Pulse is releasing a Retro line of true-to-form 3 3/4" GI Joes and their vehicles for kids in their 40s. So if you always wanted a Cobra Stinger jeep but you opted for Legos instead because they were cooler and... more constructive? better for your soul?...  now's your chance. 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe/products/g-i-joe-retro-collection-cobra-stinger-with-cobra-officer

Note: You have to keep a sharp eye because some of the Retro line are 4" and not the old school 3.75". There's a bit of a marketing mislead.

54 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hasbro Pulse is releasing a Retro line of true-to-form 3 3/4" GI Joes and their vehicles for kids in their 40s. So if you always wanted a Cobra Stinger jeep but you opted for Legos instead because they were cooler and... more constructive? better for your soul?...  now's your chance. 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe/products/g-i-joe-retro-collection-cobra-stinger-with-cobra-officer

Note: You have to keep a sharp eye because some of the Retro line are 4" and not the old school 3.75". There's a bit of a marketing mislead.

3-3/4" GI Joes are retro?

Huh?

THIS is retro.  12"

3-3/4" retro dolls are Star Wars figurines.  Another thing George Lucas ruined.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

$15 for one guy? Eat a fat bag of *****! Those were $2.79 on the bottom shelf of the end cap at Price Chopper in 1992...and that's the last year I ever asked for a toy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, Taro T said:

3-3/4" GI Joes are retro?

Huh?

THIS is retro.  12"

3-3/4" retro dolls are Star Wars figurines.  Another thing George Lucas ruined.

The 12” Joes (and the Six Million Dollar Man whose head you could look through) just remind me of Barbie and furniture and clothes. 
3.75 is about the vehicles… and lining them all up in play formations to play football. My Joes played a lot of football vs Cobra. Destro was one hell of a nose tackle until he suffered that devastating spinal (o-ring) injury. 

On 6/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, ubkev said:

$15 for one guy? Eat a fat bag of *****! Those were $2.79 on the bottom shelf of the end cap at Price Chopper in 1992...and that's the last year I ever asked for a toy. 

Please do not look up the prices on the aftermarket. 😇

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Of all the days that I have done nothing, yesterday, I did the most nothing.

Today, I’m going to try and break that record.

I had a supervisor who was 5 years away from retirement who said his goal was to do as little as possible and cut that in half every day until retirement.

Great way to motivate your staff.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 6/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Gave you a cup thingie, but ...

blink-182 wtf GIF

With her first knee replacement, we were really in that territory.  It was weird AF.  The second time around, the pain is the same, but there is a better familiarity with the process which seems to make it easier to get through it (definitely for me, seems that way for her).  For instance, she ran a low fever the first time around and we were pretty freaked out.  This time she ran a low fever most of yesterday and we just monitored it and today it's come down.  We have a better sense of the thresholds to watch out for.

Another indication that the second time is easier to deal with:  the first time she was taking the maximum pain killers as soon as she could.  This time she's taking fewer pain pills and at greater intervals.

• Like (+1) 1

Really, the biggest complaint I have is that it's out-patient surgery.  My wife likes that; she'd rather be home.  But I'm not a nurse and don't really do medical care well, and especially for the first day or two after the surgery I felt fully unqualified to determine if her pain was just the expected boo-boo or if it meant her leg was going to fall off.

GIF by The Telegraph

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Really, the biggest complaint I have is that it's out-patient surgery.  My wife likes that; she'd rather be home.  But I'm not a nurse and don't really do medical care well, and especially for the first day or two after the surgery I felt fully unqualified to determine if her pain was just the expected boo-boo or if it meant her leg was going to fall off.

GIF by The Telegraph

I'm at wonderful nurse and my wife is the worst ***** patient imaginable! She behaves for like, the first day. After that it's like trying to keep a toddler alive.

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

GIF by The Telegraph

Stats say people recover better and faster the sooner they are discharged... that being said some patients are a pain no matter the setting... My wife is a nurse and said I was a model patient... not sure its true but I try not to complain... have a pretty high tolerance for pain... she on other hand is a complainer.

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Stats say people recover better and faster the sooner they are discharged... that being said some patients are a pain no matter the setting... My wife is a nurse and said I was a model patient... not sure its true but I try not to complain... have a pretty high tolerance for pain... she on other hand is a complainer.

She seems like she's.... well, not over the hump yet, but progressing.  I noticed she actually rolled over in her sleep last night.  She's been sleeping flat on her back since the surgery.  I take it as a good sign that she feels well enough to roll over.  I will admit to this forum (but not to her) that I'm a little slow in responding and a little lax in helping her move.  I want her to do it herself.  She can be impatient and stubborn; I try to use those characteristics of per personality to motivate her.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Day of Arafah starts at sunset today and ends at sunset tomorrow.  Islam's holiest day.  It is our Yom Kippur and is observed in the exact same way.  I don't think our Christian Brothers and Sisters have a similar Day of Atonement.

Also, Eid al Adha starts just when Arafah ends ... sunset Friday.