Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

On 5/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, Mustache of God said:

My wife gave birth to our first child this morning, so that's one more Sabres fan. My only wish is that he never suffers thought a playoff drought of more than two seasons.

Congratulations.

My first is 9 months old.  The first few weeks are rough.  I hope you are making it through ok and trying to enjoy it best you can.  It gets better.  After 2-3 months you will have settled into a routine of sorts and you’ll notice a big difference.

Its the most difficult and wonderful thing I’ve ever experienced.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

On my way to London

Cheers, 

I'll drink a pint for you all. 

Have an Old Speckled Hen for me.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Congratulations.

My first is 9 months old.  The first few weeks are rough.  I hope you are making it through ok and trying to enjoy it best you can.  It gets better.  After 2-3 months you will have settled into a routine of sorts and you’ll notice a big difference.

The secret is learning how to function on two hours sleep.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Congratulations.

Enjoy every minute bud.  Mine are 17 and 15 and it seems like yesterday they were spitting up on my shoulder. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The secret is learning how to function on two hours sleep.

Being able to take turns helps a ton too.  It sucks a bit with the formula shortage, but the rotation has helped here a ton.  On that note, I'm convinced that my 5 month old is the biggest baby his age in all of North Carolina, weighed in at 20.5 pounds today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

Being able to take turns helps a ton too.  It sucks a bit with the formula shortage, but the rotation has helped here a ton.  On that note, I'm convinced that my 5 month old is the biggest baby his age in all of North Carolina, weighed in at 20.5 pounds today.

Congratulations!!

+++++

Much awesome news in here lately.

Congrats all 'round.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly and I don't like the post merge thingie ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Driving on the left is a challenge for the first day or so. Today I rented a manual for the first time and drove the Cotswolds. 

It's weird having to use your left hand to play with your stick 😜

The country lanes are very very narrow. But amazingly fun to drive on. 

This place is crazy beautiful, and I want to live here. 

I could live on Tunnocks caramel wafers, tea cakes and wine gums. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's weird having to use your left hand to play with your stick 😜

Yeah, it's a totally different feel.  It's hard to tell it's even your own hand.

The English  countryside is stunningly beautiful.  Are you in London, or touring around?

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, it's a totally different feel.  It's hard to tell it's even your own hand.

The English  countryside is stunningly beautiful.  Are you in London, or touring around?

I based myself in London but only staying there for a couple of days. Taking the train around mostly. Brighton, Hastings, rye, Bath and then 2 days in Paris taking the train under the English Channel.

I rented a car for 2 day here to see the Cotswold area as it's the easiest way to do so. Renting from Bath allowed me to avoid driving in city traffic 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I based myself in London but only staying there for a couple of days. Taking the train around mostly. Brighton, Hastings, rye, Bath and then 2 days in Paris taking the train under the English Channel.

I rented a car for 2 day here to see the Cotswold area as it's the easiest way to do so. Renting from Bath allowed me to avoid driving in city traffic 🙂

The bolded is the only terrible part of your whole plan.

Nope. Not. Doing. That. Ever!!

insert the bolding always is much more goodly ...

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The bolded is the only terrible part of your whole plan.

Nope. Not. Doing. That. Ever!!

Come on NS, I know under that accountant attire you're sporting, there's a caped superhero that can fly through underwater tunnels! 

I was a Navy diver, I love being underwater, even if that means in a train 😊

Why wouldn't you do it? A 180mph train is one of my highlights lol 

33 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Come on NS, I know under that accountant attire you're sporting, there's a caped superhero that can fly through underwater tunnels! 

I was a Navy diver, I love being underwater, even if that means in a train 😊

Why wouldn't you do it? A 180mph train is one of my highlights lol 

I love the water too, but being in a closed bullet that will fill with water for sure and then it will be like a big thing under there full of water and then the cherry on top will be that the tunnel will colapse and well, buster, that's not for this accountant attired type.  Okay ??

And don't give me that will never happen nonsense.  This is me we are talking about here.

And here is your friendly neighbourhood *accountant attire* CPA today ...

accountant attire.jpg

bloody hell !! why am I sidways ?? NOT goodly ...

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I love the water too, but being in a closed bullet that will fill with water for sure and then it will be like a big thing under there full of water and then the cherry on top will be that the tunnel will colapse and well, buster, that's not for this accountant attired type.  Okay ??

And don't give me that will never happen nonsense.  This is me we are talking about here.

And here is your friendly neighbourhood *accountant attire* CPA today ...

accountant attire.jpg

Looking sharp as ever! 

Well then, mister man.... If I go off the radar starting on Sunday, then you know what happened to me.... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

@Sabres Fan in NS

I have survived! 

Also, London is 30000% better than Paris. To start, it doesn't smell like urine. 

Awesome!!

Glad to see some things never change.  Although Paris is slightly higher on my list of fantastic cities than London.  Paris in spring is special.  That urine smell is mostly near the river and one gets used to it in no time.  When in Rome also applies to Paris ... so piss any place you like.

23 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Awesome!!

Glad to see some things never change.  Although Paris is slightly higher on my list of fantastic cities than London.  Paris in spring is special.  That urine smell is mostly near the river and one gets used to it in no time.  When in Rome also applies to Paris ... so piss any place you like.

It was everywhere, i just prefer the people in London and the treats are superior in the stores haha 

The escargot was yummy in Paris. 

Ready to take off to Toronto now, see y'all in about 7 hours 😉

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was everywhere, i just prefer the people in London and the treats are superior in the stores haha 

Good luck, Toronto airport has been a nightmare recently.

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Where is that power puke thingie when you need it most ??

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Good luck, Toronto airport has been a nightmare recently.

They don't call it The Great Satan for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thanks! 

I have nexus and no checked bags (I can pack 2 weeks into a 50 litre kelty bag) hoping to be out to my car in no time, fingers crossed 

See my point above ...

The bold will not help you atoll !!

11 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

See my point above ...

The bold will not help you atoll !!

Soooo, nexus saved me at least an hour at Pearson; right out through customs nearly without stopping, then allowed me to cross back to the US over the whirlpool Bridge with zero line 🙂

Put that in your juul and vape it 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Soooo, nexus saved me at least an hour at Pearson; right out through customs nearly without stopping, then allowed me to cross back to the US over the whirlpool Bridge with zero line 🙂

Put that in your juul and vape it 😉

You must be the Devil's sidekick with that kind of access

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

You must be the Devil's sidekick with that kind of access

Nah, I just got nexus before the travel boom when the waiting list was only a week. 

That and I spend a lot of money annually on travel, they better give me some damn perks haha. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2022 at 7:20 PM, Doohickie said:

So my older son, who's working on a degree in video/broadcasting, has a job lead at a local* television station.  Someone he's been in class with works there and told him about the position.  It would be working in the control room.  My son said, "I haven't taken that class yet."  His friend replied, "It doesn't matter; if they like you, they'll train you."

*In this case, local means in Dallas.  He'd have to drive to downtown Ft Worth (about 15 minute drive), then ride the train for an hour.  It so happens that it's a Spanish language station, but his friend said that doesn't matter that my son doesn't speak Spanish.

This isn't awesome thread material.... at least not until he gets an interview.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:02 PM, Doohickie said:

Oh it'll be in the awesome thread if he actually gets the job.  The awesome part is his enthusiasm.  He's gone to college three or four times; this is the first time that he actually likes the subject matter.

He got the job!

Happy So Excited GIF

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2