Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I recently reconnected with an old friend from the street I grew up on.  He lived across the street and down a house or two from me.  I noticed his parents' house on the market so I contacted him on Facebook.  His dad passed away some time ago and his mom just passed last year.  Bobby is what we called in those days "slow".  We played in the neighborhood for a time but as we got older we drifted apart. 

Here comes the awesome part-  He's been writing children's books and was recently interviewed on Channel 7 in Buffalo:  Author with Aspergers is inspiring others with his books and message

I'm so happy for him that he's getting his books published and getting recognized for it.

Awesome.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 8:45 PM, Doohickie said:

I recently reconnected with an old friend from the street I grew up on.  He lived across the street and down a house or two from me.  I noticed his parents' house on the market so I contacted him on Facebook.  His dad passed away some time ago and his mom just passed last year.  Bobby is what we called in those days "slow".  We played in the neighborhood for a time but as we got older we drifted apart. 

Here comes the awesome part-  He's been writing children's books and was recently interviewed on Channel 7 in Buffalo:  Author with Aspergers is inspiring others with his books and message

I'm so happy for him that he's getting his books published and getting recognized for it.

So Bob's story was picked up by ABC World News tonight.  It was on the air tonight.

Man with Asperger's syndrome looks to inspire by writing 5th children’s book

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

CCM is launching a $400 hockey helmet. That thing better be awesome. Like stop 50 cal rounds awesome. Like jump out of the rafters and land on your head and walk away awesome. Like get me Bonnie McMurray's digies and make her breakfast in the morning awesome. Like surviving reentry from low Earth orbit with nary a scorch mark while upping my dangle by 40 percent awesome.

It won't be.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:11 AM, SwampD said:

Mockingbirds singing at full voice at 1:30 in the morning under the light of a full moon.

This is the things that are awesome thread and not the things that wake you up thread.

52 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

She said yes!

This is fantastic.  Congratulations!  And this also could be part of the things that wake you up thread.

Edited by Eleven

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is the things that are awesome thread and not the things that wake you up thread.

This is fantastic.  Congratulations!  And this also could be part of the things that wake you up thread.

I don’t go to bed until at least 3am. Getting serenaded while I mark my territory in the back yard at 1am is just a bonus.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Yes the critters are out...  last night listened to an owl and not sure what kind of weasels argue over who knows what... sounded like a great horned owl... for two hours I heard hoot hoot hoot.... squeekze squeekze in the woods behind my house down by the creek... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, Taro T said:

Congrats!

Wishing you both the best.  🍺

On 5/2/2021 at 10:14 PM, Eleven said:

On 5/2/2021 at 10:09 PM, SwampD said:

Dude. Fantastic.

Thanks! Still floating 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 4:17 PM, ubkev said:

Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is awesome. The surfing hasn't been anything special and I don't even care. I left 60 degrees and raining every day and came to 84, sunny and ocean breeze.

I don't surf.  But Puerto Rico is what heaven looks like, to me.  The food!  The ocean, the everything.  I love PR.

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/rFlK7YH6cxJ0

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/7kP8U2SIV8O4

Some wonderful shots from my last week away 😊. Hopefully they load up correctly. 

Dude!!

How did you get into NS to chase our sharks?  We are in full on COVID lockdown.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, Randall Flagg said:

She said yes!

It's important you frame the question properly.

"You want pizza tonight and will you marry me?"

Seriously, this is awesome news!  I know I'm three weeks late but still... awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:55 AM, Eleven said:

I don't surf.  But Puerto Rico is what heaven looks like, to me.  The food!  The ocean, the everything.  I love PR.

I ate mofongo every day. And beans and rice every other day. Simply amazing.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:22 PM, Randall Flagg said:

She said yes!

I missed this blessed news during my Ramadan fast.

Congratulations!!

I will tell you what I tell everyone when I this fantastic news ...

You are a team now.  Never, ever, let anyone, or anything, cause either of you, or both of you, to forget that.  Not family, not friends, not work, not the Sabres (😉), not the Bills (😉) ... NOTHING!!

Went to the Indy 500 this weekend for the first time. Traveled with a group of guys who have been going for years so it was great to just be basically along for the ride. The whole town is a big block party until race day and everyone is really in to it.

What a great experience. I'm exhausted but I can't say enough good things about the people, the venue, etc. 

Plus it was just incredible to be back in a big shared, communal environment again. The pandemic stole a lot from us these past 15 months. It's good to feel like things are getting back to normal. 

• Like (+1) 2